PDA

View Full Version : Whats up?!

Wulf190
January 18th, 2011, 18:39
Akemi has posted something, but my Japanese is non-existent!
http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/hago/work.htm

Captain Kurt
January 18th, 2011, 21:25
Babelfish's translation:

Squall
j6k
It is name of shell game (control of the air fighter plane), “the wind”
The strange fighter plane which has two names of “j” of the local interceptor fighter
If efficiency of according to plan actualized, it is thought that fearfully it became the fighter plane which the [ru] should,
To the mock-up (wooden form examination) it becomes the development discontinuance of those which go,…

The origin it came out and slyly kept going out before “the squall”
The developer surely was regretful, probably will be,…

On the basis of the plan statistics which it can procure
Some [hora]” ““it reflects and” draws up on the basis of
The supercharger incoming mouth of body side to be left over, because… is, it set on cowl top
Therefore Kawanishi as for the fillet taking, the kind of feeling which you attach
Therefore the naval machine the wind prevention bee [yo] it is, raising
The main wing is light with my taste opposite gal (interference drag decrease)
Because first ones do not like the tail plane, for the second time it is in the midst of drawing up

That's admitedly cryptic. You'll have to do your own translation of the translation.

JapLance
January 18th, 2011, 23:14
I was convinced it was a Reppu, but that radiator under the fuselage had me :isadizzy:.

Now that it is clear that it is a J6K Jinpu, those gull-wings have me :isadizzy:. All plans I've seen show a straight wing:

http://en.valka.cz/attachments/3588/J6K1_3D_view.gif

That reminds me that Bismarck13 did a model of this plane not so long ago.

TARPSBird
January 18th, 2011, 23:55
Good example of what our guys may have had to go up against in 1946/47 if the war had taken a different course. Akemi really turns out beautiful planes. :)

sc7500
January 19th, 2011, 09:10
For all SOH folk who run Firefox as their browser.....

FoxLingo AUTOMATICALLY performs a VERY literal translation of any and all "Other Languaged" web pages...

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/foxlingo-translator-dictionary/

I just found this add-on a few weeks ago, and LOVE it !

SC
:kilroy:

whitehawk_2009
January 19th, 2011, 16:26
Found some info on this bird:

The Kawanishi J6K1 Jinpu (thunderstorm tower) was the project of a land-based interceptor for the Japanese naval Air Force. The development began in 1942 according to the specification 17-Shi. The Mitsubishi MK 9A was intended as a powerplant, but it's development was stopped, and the J6K1 had to be redesigned using the Homare 42. Despite the good calculated good performance the work was not resumed, since the navy favored the N1K2-J.

TECHNICAL DATA (calculated)

Span: 12.50 m
Length: 10.12 m
Takeoff weight: 4,370 kg
Engine: 1 radial engine Homare 42
Maximum speed: 685 km/h in 10.000 m
Armament: 2 20mm Cannons
Crew: 1 men

WH

igacci
January 20th, 2011, 04:37
According to Akemi's comment, he intentionally re-arranged the air intake on the top of the cowling, since he thinks it's unlikely on the side of the fuselage. Also, he makes it gull-winged on the assumption that they would have made it so to have less drag.
It's the most fun part of the "what if?" aircraft. You can be imaginative as much as you want to be!
Can't wait it makes the virgine filight!

Daisuke

peperez
February 4th, 2011, 11:40
According to Akemi's comment, he intentionally re-arranged the air intake on the top of the cowling, since he thinks it's unlikely on the side of the fuselage. Also, he makes it gull-winged on the assumption that they would have made it so to have less drag.
It's the most fun part of the "what if?" aircraft. You can be imaginative as much as you want to be!
Can't wait it makes the virgine filight!

Daisuke

Bismarck 13 did a good J6K-1 Jinpo. Akemi could do the J6K-2 version or the initial version, the J3K1. There's also one version with repliable wing to be used at aircraft carriers...

tonybones2112
February 4th, 2011, 20:58
For all SOH folk who run Firefox as their browser.....

FoxLingo AUTOMATICALLY performs a VERY literal translation of any and all "Other Languaged" web pages...

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/foxlingo-translator-dictionary/

I just found this add-on a few weeks ago, and LOVE it !

SC
:kilroy:

Thanks SC:salute:

Bonesimoto