PDA

View Full Version : Models with Collimated Gunsights/HUD's

SADT
January 18th, 2011, 15:55
Hi Guys,

I have started this thread so that people can find out what models have collimated gunsights/HUD's, as I find I don't fly warbirds that have un-collimated HUD's or gunsights, as the realism they add to the model during high G maneuvers is very important to me.

BTW: This what a collimated gunsight should look like, if you move your view around in sim: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Blem3FlkaMc

AFAIK models that I know have collimated gunsights are: (In FSX)

List No.1
A2A P-47D WOPIII & WOPII
A2A P-51D WOPII
A2A Bf-109 WOPII
A2A P-40 WOPII
A2A Spitfire WOPII
A2A/Aircraft Factory He219 Uhu
Classics Hangar FW190 A-Series, Early variants
CH FW190 A-Series, Late Variants
Dino Cattaneo's F-35 Lightning II
VRS Simulations F-18E Super Hornet
RAZBAM Simulations A-7D/E/H
RAZBAM Simulations A-7A/B/P
Iris F-16
Iris A-10
Aerosoft F-16
Warbirdsim P-51D
Milvis F-15 C/E (As of yet un-released)
Lotus L-39

This list is by no means comprehensive, and please feel free to add as you wish. :)

P.S. Mike at Flight Replicas, will your new Me-109K have a collimated Revi Gunsight?

MenendezDiego
January 18th, 2011, 15:57
Aerosoft F-16C, Iris F-16D

SADT
January 18th, 2011, 15:59
Thanks MenendezDiego, I also added the Iris A-10A :salute:

Bomber_12th
January 18th, 2011, 16:01
How about examples that actually have gyro-responsive reticles - ones that actually respond to maneuvering, as done so in products like the Warbirdsim P-51D or Plane Design Spitfire? Do they hold any/same interest? In both cases, the reticle can be manually adjusted to expand/contract just as with the real thing as well. To me, this seems like a very small trivial thing however, to rate an overall product by...but then again I never pay much attention to the gun sight when I am virtually flying.

SADT
January 18th, 2011, 16:06
How about examples that actually have gyro-responsive reticles - ones that actually respond to maneuvering, as done so in products like the Warbirdsim P-51D or Plane Design Spitfire? Do they hold any/same interest? In both cases, the reticle can be manually adjusted to expand/contract just as with the real thing. To me, this seems like a very small trivial thing to rate an overall product by.

Hi John,

I'll add your models to the list, is the Plane Design Spit for FSX? And yes, I understand it is trivial, but I pull lots of (Not necessarily regulation ;) high G maneuvers, and I also pretend to shoot down helpless AI aircraft. DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA ;)

EDIT: And yes, I would say a Gyro-Responsive reticule is a nice touch.

Bomber_12th
January 18th, 2011, 16:10
Hi John,

I'll add your models to the list, is the Plane Design Spit for FSX? And yes, I understand it is trivial, but I pull lots of (Not necessarily regulation ;) high G maneuvers, and I also pretend to shoot down AI aircraft. DAKA DAKA DAKA DAKA DAKA DAKA DAKA ;)

Okay, I guess I can say that I have done that too with AI aircraft...:)
And no, unfortunately the PD Spit isn't for FSX, but it is the only other one I could think of off the top of my head with a functional gyro-gunsight/reticle.

Roadburner440
January 18th, 2011, 16:24
Milviz F-15C/E (unreleased)

SADT
January 18th, 2011, 16:29
Thanks Steve, :salute:

Does your Vought F4U Corsair that you sold to A2A have a collimated gunsight? (Aircraft Factory Corsair)

Bomber_12th
January 18th, 2011, 16:42
Craig, you can also add Dino Cattaneo's F-35 Lightning II and the Lotus L-39 to that list while deducting the WBS P-51B. ;)

SADT
January 18th, 2011, 16:51
WBS P-51B/C deducted....... ;)

Roadburner440
January 18th, 2011, 17:26
Thanks Steve, :salute:

Does your Vought F4U Corsair that you sold to A2A have a collimated gunsight? (Aircraft Factory Corsair)

It does not even have the gunsight installed. It has the spot where the glass can go, but the glass itself isn't in the bird. Was meant to be an entry level aircraft, but I still love the F4U. I hope one day to see her Accu-simmed! Doubtful tho.

SADT
January 18th, 2011, 21:34
For me, collimation and Gyro-Responsive reticules show me that the developer goes that extra bit further to enhance realism, and that is what I like to see that in a product I buy (Obviously only in military types).