PDA

View Full Version : Video/slide show: @ W. Bleddyn- WWII Airbases Flight Simulator X Acceleration

flyer01
January 17th, 2011, 17:49
W. Bleddyn gave the link to get the airbases for Flight Simulator X Acceleration and asked if I would let everyone know about them.

Thank you for the heads up W. Bleddyn.:salute:

enjoy the video.

flyer01

WWII Military Airbases in that you can put in Flight Simulator X Acceleration.

AGFB-PTO
EGKB-ETO
UKRD-ETO
EGBO-ETO
EGHX-ETO
EGMA-ETO
EGZD-ETO
EGZF-ETO
EGZQ-ETO
EGZT-ETO
EGZW-ETO
S141-ETO
S145-ETO
S157-ETO
S157-ETO
S356-ETO
S365-ETO
X3TA-ETO

THERE ARE OTHERS BUT YOU CAN FIND THE ABOVE AIRBASES AT:

http://forum.siminsider.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=16

http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/node/59

http://www.vimeo.com/18897472

flyer01
January 17th, 2011, 20:38
Just found this Hobbs AAF base in New Mexico c.1943

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=113

Thanks for the up load Tako Kichi!:salute:

A flight in the B-17 from nm82 USA to x3ta ETO coming up for me.:ernae:

flyer01

W. Bleddyn
January 17th, 2011, 20:39
Cheers! :salute:

Gonna watch your video, then probably do some downloading!

** Edit - Video looks great. Nice Job! You may also want to add HMS Victorious. It is an early war AI carrier and one of the patrol routes is off of the Isle of Wight daily. You seem to have most of England back in the 40's now so it will give you another period appropriate runway :icon_lol: Unfortunately it is not a selectable runway for free flight or flight planner to take off from, but there is a saved flight that starts on the deck in the pack and you can always land on it if you have a hook.

http://flyingstations.com/victorious.html

flyer01
January 17th, 2011, 20:48

W. Bleddyn,
Thank you for the sites to download the PTO/ETO airbases.

With the TacPack coming up I'm getting ready for what I think will be a influx's of WWII planes that use this new way of doing things in Flight Simulator X Acceleration.

flyer01

Edit checked out the site thanks.

IanP
January 19th, 2011, 08:26
Thanks for the links guys and screenshots flyer01... I'm not sure where UKRD came from, though... It ain't a one o' mine! :)

Which airfield is it? Because the code is as fictional as the ones I used in most cases, unfortunately it's not one I've heard of.

Talking of which, is it going to upset anyone unduly if I change all those codes? I haven't got time to develop much in the way of scenery at the moment, but cleaning up some of the older ones and changing the "ICAO" codes to those on Bones's list is still on the cards at some point.

Cheers,

Ian P.

(P.S. is there any particular reason that your links point to Debden, or is that just how you got into the site? I'm intrigued...)

fsafranek
January 19th, 2011, 08:31
No offence but reading the opening post and then reading it again in the star wars opening of the video reminds me of classes where the presenter just reads the slides on the screen. I hate that. Sorry, just thinking out loud. Ok, back to the video. :-)

I liked the screenshot show and the music. Different "off to war" music back in those days. I guess every war is defined by the soundtrack in the background. Sorry for the rambling. Weird mood today. Nice scenery and presentation. Now off to 6thcorpsmusic.us to check out that music.

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" :salute:
:ernae:

flyer01
January 19th, 2011, 09:28
Thanks for the links guys and screenshots flyer01... I'm not sure where UKRD came from, though... It ain't a one o' mine! :)

Which airfield is it? Because the code is as fictional as the ones I used in most cases, unfortunately it's not one I've heard of.

Talking of which, is it going to upset anyone unduly if I change all those codes? I haven't got time to develop much in the way of scenery at the moment, but cleaning up some of the older ones and changing the "ICAO" codes to those on Bones's list is still on the cards at some point.

Cheers,

Ian P.

(P.S. is there any particular reason that your links point to Debden, or is that just how you got into the site? I'm intrigued...)

I don't know why I put UKRD in the list :isadizzy:

I don't have UKRD installed. I did have it down loaded.

http://www.fsdownload.com/Microsoft_Flight_Simulator_X/Flight_Simulation/Flight_Simulator_X/fsdownload.com/Flight_Simulator_X_a29aa29a.html?name=News&file=article&sid=1315&mode=thread&order=0

The links to Debden is just the link that I had.

flyer01:salute:

flyer01
January 19th, 2011, 09:41
No offence but reading the opening post and then reading it again in the star wars opening of the video reminds me of classes where the presenter just reads the slides on the screen. I hate that. Sorry, just thinking out loud. Ok, back to the video. :-)

I liked the screenshot show and the music. Different "off to war" music back in those days. I guess every war is defined by the soundtrack in the background. Sorry for the rambling. Weird mood today. Nice scenery and presentation. Now off to 6thcorpsmusic.us to check out that music.

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" :salute:
:ernae:

fsafranek,
No offence taken.

6thcorpsmusic.us is a good site to get WWII era soundtracks to download.

W. Bleddyn
January 19th, 2011, 11:11

Speaking for myself, It would cause me no bother if you changed the codes. Thanks for sharing your work. It is much appreciated.

Although I think the last thing this forum needs is a sticky, one that lists all of the 40's era fields would be great. ;)

flyer01
January 19th, 2011, 11:54
Speaking for myself, It would cause me no bother if you changed the codes. Thanks for sharing your work. It is much appreciated.

Although I think the last thing this forum needs is a sticky, one that lists all of the 40's era fields would be great. ;)

This would be nice to have a sticky like that. Anything to do with Military addons for the 40's.

IanP, I'm not sure of what you mean by changing the code. Is that the airbases name like EGBO?

flyer01

IanP
January 19th, 2011, 12:36
Not that particular one, Flyer01, but yes.

A while ago, I received some requests from people that I stop using my own made up "EGZx" and "Snnn" codes and started using those of John "Bones" Woodside from his airfields list here: http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/06airfields/UK/ukmenu.htm - the idea was to avoid conflict with another (commercial) developer's sceneries and I said yes, subject to John's approval.

He said yes, so most of my recent airfields have used John's codes and, where an airfield does not have a real-world ICAO code (such as EGBO - Halfpenny Green, which is incidentally my real-world home field, or EGMA - Fowlmere), I'll eventually get around to converting the older airfields too.

It won't make a massive difference to most people, unless they have created AI traffic using the existing codes.

I've actually done a bunch more, incidentally, which aren't on your list, but most of them aren't linked to from my site yet. I went through my site earlier changing all the screenshot text links to thumbnails, but when I'll get to finish off and upload any of the part-done airfields, or do any more to the site, I can't say.

Just out of interest, if you just use "http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk" to get there, you'll end up at the front page, which has any (usually uninteresting) news and updates about what I've done or am doing and I had assumed that "UKRD" was the airfield in your screenshots with the grass runways with numbers on the end... If not, can you tell me which one that is, please? I do collect other peoples' airfields as well as my own, so am always on the look out for them.

It's nice to know that people are actually using them and enjoying them, anyway... I rarely get any feedback at all, which I believe is a very common mutterance amongst the FS development community!

Cheers,

Ian P.

flyer01
January 19th, 2011, 13:35

A while ago, I received some requests from people that I stop using my own made up "EGZx" and "Snnn" codes and started using those of John "Bones" Woodside from his airfields list here: http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/06airfields/UK/ukmenu.htm - the idea was to avoid conflict with another (commercial) developer's sceneries and I said yes, subject to John's approval.

He said yes, so most of my recent airfields have used John's codes and, where an airfield does not have a real-world ICAO code (such as EGBO - Halfpenny Green, which is incidentally my real-world home field, or EGMA - Fowlmere), I'll eventually get around to converting the older airfields too.

It won't make a massive difference to most people, unless they have created AI traffic using the existing codes.

I've actually done a bunch more, incidentally, which aren't on your list, but most of them aren't linked to from my site yet. I went through my site earlier changing all the screenshot text links to thumbnails, but when I'll get to finish off and upload any of the part-done airfields, or do any more to the site, I can't say.

Just out of interest, if you just use "http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk" to get there, you'll end up at the front page, which has any (usually uninteresting) news and updates about what I've done or am doing and I had assumed that "UKRD" was the airfield in your screenshots with the grass runways with numbers on the end... If not, can you tell me which one that is, please? I do collect other peoples' airfields as well as my own, so am always on the look out for them.

It's nice to know that people are actually using them and enjoying them, anyway... I rarely get any feedback at all, which I believe is a very common mutterance amongst the FS development community!

Cheers,

Ian P.

Ian P, http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk

I understand now.

When you get more bases uploaded send a smoke signal through SOH.

Thank you for what you are doing.

I will try and find the airbase with the numbers and let you know what that is.

flyer01
January 19th, 2011, 15:00

** Edit - Video looks great. Nice Job! You may also want to add HMS Victorious. It is an early war AI carrier and one of the patrol routes is off of the Isle of Wight daily. You seem to have most of England back in the 40's now so it will give you another period appropriate runway :icon_lol: Unfortunately it is not a selectable runway for free flight or flight planner to take off from, but there is a saved flight that starts on the deck in the pack and you can always land on it if you have a hook.

http://flyingstations.com/victorious.html

W. Bleddyn,

In your download of the Victorious did you have the Saved flights included in the zip file like it says below?

I do not know how to find the ship.:isadizzy:

I would like your help with this.

flyer01

AI Routes

The first route included replicates the route followed for Operation Pedestal in August of 1942.

Victorious passes South of Gibraltar around Midnight Monday, an included saved flight places the default Cessna on the flight deck early on Tuesday morning with the ship heading East towards Malta.

The second route has Victorious leaving Scapa Flow at 1200 Monday heading towards Iceland. She departs from a Fjord North of Reykjavik at 1000 Wednesday for the return journey. The round trip is repeated again later in the week leaving Scapa Flow at 0200 Friday morning, arriving Iceland 1530 on Saturday before departing again at 1800 to arrive off Scotland at 0930 on Monday.

Saved flights are again included, one off the North Coast of Scotland outbound to Iceland and the other departing Hvalfjord for the return journey.

flyer01
January 19th, 2011, 19:54
W. Bleddyn,

In your download of the Victorious did you have the Saved flights included in the zip file like it says below?

I do not know how to find the ship.:isadizzy:

I would like your help with this.

flyer01

AI Routes

The first route included replicates the route followed for Operation Pedestal in August of 1942.

Victorious passes South of Gibraltar around Midnight Monday, an included saved flight places the default Cessna on the flight deck early on Tuesday morning with the ship heading East towards Malta.

The second route has Victorious leaving Scapa Flow at 1200 Monday heading towards Iceland. She departs from a Fjord North of Reykjavik at 1000 Wednesday for the return journey. The round trip is repeated again later in the week leaving Scapa Flow at 0200 Friday morning, arriving Iceland 1530 on Saturday before departing again at 1800 to arrive off Scotland at 0930 on Monday.

Saved flights are again included, one off the North Coast of Scotland outbound to Iceland and the other departing Hvalfjord for the return journey.

I found the flights and the ship in the load in freeflight.

All is well.

W. Bleddyn
January 19th, 2011, 20:29
:d glad you found them. Sorry I hadn't seen the thread until you solved it yourself :salute:

flyer01
January 20th, 2011, 01:41
Found this and it works.

If you use AICarriers, you can add AIships like this.

Thank you Mat where ever you are!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have made a cfg. to go in the AICarriers/conf.d folder, called Ark_Royal.cfg, with this info in it;

[formation.0]
title=Ark_Royal (or what ship you want to use.)
unit.0=Ark_Royal, 0, 0

This makes it work with the AI Ships program.:ernae:

flyer01
January 21st, 2011, 17:03

I had assumed that "UKRD" was the airfield in your screenshots with the grass runways with numbers on the end... If not, can you tell me which one that is, please? I do collect other peoples' airfields as well as my own, so am always on the look out for them.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Ian,
The airbase screenshot with the grass runways with numbers on the end is

RAF Friston and Newhaven Habour for FSX. EGFN

Link: http://forum.siminsider.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=121

Sorry it took so long to get to this.

IanP
January 22nd, 2011, 00:24
Aha! Thanks.

I did actually download that Friston but it's one that didn't stay on my drive because Friston isn't flat. While the only way to make "proper" runways, parking spots, etc. in FS is to flatten it, I felt the bumps were more important than AI... My version gets a bit lonely, but I prefer it personally. Others' mileage will differ, of course. :)

Just as an aside, I'm about to conclude an exercise of going through and putting the pics on all my airfield pages, rather than text links. They're just scaled-down versions of the 1280x1024 pictures (linked to the full size versions) so may take a while to load on slower machines. If I need to put up proper thumbnails instead, someone please let me know.

I've also got a couple more airfields to put up as and when time permits. The Shrewsbury area ones will never get done as a batch, so I'll put up the two of them that I have, plus I've got a (British) Mitchell and Mustang hang-out down South and I'll post a page for Friston as well. Wonder how much the photo tile(s) for that little bit of South Downs would be? Kind of irrelevant at the moment, unless I put up a PrayPal link as well and beg for donations, but I originally did Friston as part of my playing around to see how photoscenery worked, so it would be good to actually publish it as photoscenery rather than just plain old MS default SDK AB_ flatten grass.

Right. Anyway. Back to incredibly basic HTML editing...

Ian P.