PDA

View Full Version : The Junkers Ju-52 is uploaded...

Rami
January 17th, 2011, 13:35
To all,

I have uploaded the Junkers Ju-52 for you. This aircraft is about 95-98% completed.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=54&linkid=3478

There are some minor issues with the model. One of them is that the center prop spinner would disappear when the engine would start. This was corrected by simonu, who created a library object that appears just when the model prop spinner disappears.

There are still minor issues with the panel, notably the absence of a throttle quadrant. (finding one with three levers is troublesome) Simonu mentioned that Ali Cat was making new gauges for this aircraft. If and when a new panel becomes available for this aircraft, an update can be made to it.

Seagull V made several skins for this model, and links have been provided in the readme, along with a link to Lawdog's Ju-52 sound package.

I also found that I've had occasional problems with "disappearing" gauges in the virtual cockpit, but apparently this is exclusive to my rig. The same follows for two of the payloads in the .dp file, in which the gunners drop. Again, no one else can seem to replicate this.

This project is being released in the same manner as the F7F Tigercat project for FS9. If you can make an improvement or suggestion for this aircraft, please do so! I would like nothing more than for us to iron out the few remaining "bugs" with this model.

Many hands were involved in this project along the way, including Japlance, Cees Donker, Achim27619, sc7500, oldwheat, simonu, kelticheart, Seagull V, and anyone else I might be forgetting.

Enjoy, I know you've been waiting for this one!

sc7500
January 17th, 2011, 16:00
Here are just a few images from my test flight of Tante Ju this afternoon.... What a NEAT plane !

28589 28591 28592 28590

Thanks All ! :salute:
SC

mksystem
January 17th, 2011, 16:13
Great plane! Love the look of the different cargos and she flies like a dream. Thanks to all you guys who put the work in to make it something special. :salute:

Captain Kurt
January 18th, 2011, 06:58
Thanks Rami and the whole team for a job well done. :ernae:

Jean Bomber
January 18th, 2011, 08:05
I was waiting for a good Ju-52 since a while. :jump:

So I've tested it immediately after have downloading it, I've used them in first as AI,sure not the best for the first try..,I've put eight of them taking off from Pantelleria airfield,flying a Bsk spit to see how they show up and,as AI, how they can be used in a mission.

On my :crybaby::censored: poor laptop the fps was down around 10/15, then flying around the group I've got a collision that had given a CTD...,it was late tonight:sleep:

So I've not done another test ,will try this evening inside and outside the plane and try all the others weapons and para stuffs...

Does an Ju-52AI version could be possible to done? They often fly in number, also, as a wish list...,some versions like static Ju-52 as objects (like the Rebuffat's 109s) or as a traffic moving Ju-52 as vehicle (like the Simonu's c47), this flying truck was usual and in numerous on the ETO, MTO axis airfields.
I've seen also choice of texture by Seagull V,

Thank to all that have contributed in the project for this new plane .
:ernae:

JP

vidal
January 18th, 2011, 11:07
Super. I will give a try asap.:mixedsmi:

Strafing_run
January 19th, 2011, 03:25
Looks vvery nice, thank you to all involved

PomBee
January 19th, 2011, 08:16
Superb job. Well done to all of you.

Cheers,

PomBee.:salute::salute::salute:

skylane
January 19th, 2011, 23:46
Thank you, Rami and everyone involved!
IŽll get it right away and give it a try!

Jagdflieger
January 21st, 2011, 18:51
Thanks Rami for the efforts on this one. After downloading I quickly looked through my Primavesi library to see if I could adapt any of the number of skins on file for it over to your CFS 2 version.

Which version of the Ju 52 did you convert? I have FS 9 versions 6b and 6.1 in my library, but the titles of the texture files don't seem to match.

I hope that our paint gurus will jump on this one as it was a common sight in all theaters that the Luftwaffe flew in.

Rami
January 21st, 2011, 18:58
Jagd,

The two "stock" skins for the Ju-52 conversion come from version 6.0B. I simply re-named the bitmaps as appropriate. The actual model this conversion is based on is the 6.1B, and the corresponding texture files are named JAIR. So if you want to use the older 6.0B skins, all you have to do is change the outer texture bitmaps.

Jagdflieger
January 21st, 2011, 19:09
Cool beans Rami. Thanks.

Seagull V
January 22nd, 2011, 20:52
Hello everyone

Meant to have these done before Christmas but combination of new job, moving town, and very very very wet weather put the project down the list of priorities.

If there are any problems with the files not working properly let me know and I will re-upload, currently in temporary accomodation with a temporary internet set-up, have been advised that it can play havoc with uploads.

Set of 4 textures for the Luftwaffe, 4 textures for Axis Air Forces, 2 textures for the SAAF, 1 for France, 1 for Russia/VVS, and 1 for the SCW Republicans, have been uploaded. Currently waiting for Hauptmann Rami's inspection/approval before they can be issued for use.

Have done two textures, one for the rear gun positions and one without.

Thats about it for Aunty Ju. If there is enough interest may do a few more, but hopefully these skins with the previous lot should cover most of mission/scenarios.

Enjoy !!!!! :salute::wavey:

Rami
January 24th, 2011, 09:09
Seagull V,

Thank you so much for these extra skins, we've now made some good use of this bird! :salute:

Jagdflieger
January 25th, 2011, 10:44
My thanks too!

I have a Spanish Civil War specific installation of CFS 2 and Tanta Ju has always been a part of the Nationalist hanger. Do you have any plans to remove the red Republican identification paint and put a few black Nationalist globes (meatballs) on her?

Seagull V
January 27th, 2011, 00:07
Jagd,

There is an old CFS2 model by Pierino Primavesi that has the ventral dustbin underneath the fuselage, it's an old model but still usable.
http://www.ju52-3m.ch/models.htm scroll down to
Ver 1.0, Mai 2001, FS2000 Ju-52 (Download, 4,12 MB) (http://www.ju52-3m.ch/zip/Ju52-FS2000-v1.zip)
Ver 2.0, July 2001, CFS2 Ju-52 (Download, 7,48 MB) (http://www.ju52-3m.ch/zip/Ju52-CFS2-v2.zip) :ernae:

The main reason I did not add the Nationalists was the lack of the Ventral Dustbin/bathtub for the gunner underneath the fuselage, with my template I should be able to knock up 2 or 3 different schemes to add to the SCW crew fairly quickly. It looks like there would be a bit of work involved in adapting the current skins back to the early models, anyone is welcome to do so if they wish.

If you have any favourite schemes of that period please post here or PM me. :salute:

Looks like I now have a house to rent, but it will not be available this weekend so it looks like I will have some time to spare as well !!!!!!

Seagull V
January 30th, 2011, 03:56
Jagd

Hope you like these, if I get a chance will do a couple more. :wavey: