PDA

View Full Version : HU - Siai-Marchetti SF-260 model

b24_witchcraft
January 17th, 2011, 13:29
Found this on Simviation under the FSX military planes section it but works fine in FS9.

FSX/FS2004 Siai-Marchetti SF-260
2.17Mb (752 downloads)
The Siai-Marchetti SF-260 is a light aircraft marketed as Light attack/aerobatic military trainer. It was designed by (the great) STELIO FRATI. First flight of the prototype on July 15, 1964. The model :Features , the usual animations, such as flight controls, spinning wheels, pilot scanning the sky etc, plus two textures, the orange texture is the Italian Air Force test pilots school the other is the 'USA Air Combat' livery that i tried to imitate. The textures and panel have been created entirely from drawings or photos found on internet or shots taken by myself .The Virtual Cockpit is provided with working essential gauges and animated flight controls. Giovanni Quai

Z-claudius24
January 18th, 2011, 07:20
Hi,

Thak's for the HU
Myself own the Realair version (payware) and it's a champion in his category.

b24_witchcraft
January 20th, 2011, 07:40
Hi Claudius24,
Glad to offer my fellow SOHers a HU! Saw the Real Air SF260 a while ago. Although it appears to be a nice overall product and has repaints available for it on the usual websites. I just couldn't justify the expense at this time. However an update for the 2D panel for this model by Giovanni Quai was just uploaded to flightsim the another day. Even though it is listed under FSX it also appears to work fine in FS9.

FSX - FSX Panels
FSX Panel--SAIA Marchetti SF-260
Name: panelsf-260.zip (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=153086) FSX Panel--SAIA Marchetti SF-260. A complete operative 2D panel for the SIAI Marchetti Aermacchi SF260 (model by Giovanni Quai). It is very similar to the VC and it uses the same gauges. By J. F. Tomas.

phantomx1
January 20th, 2011, 19:17
This is a pretty nice SF 260.

A very nice engine sounds match is Gary Jones, twin_lycoming_continental_sounds pack. Very throaty and good rpm turn up on takeoff. I'm using the sound pack in the PAD Cessna 414 and simply alias to the Cessna 414. It's a very nice sound for this SF 260.

Also saw two more repaints for this SF260 over at Flightsim.

b24_witchcraft
January 28th, 2011, 06:10
Thanks for the sounds recommendation Phantomx1.
Hopefully more painters will look into creating paints for this model / aircraft.

phantomx1
January 31st, 2011, 10:37
You're welcome B24. That Gary Jones really does an excellent job of capturing reallity in his sound works, especially that twin lycoming/continental sound file.

Wish I could paint. This is a very nice model. One of those photo-type skins I think, would really look good on this model.

I love looking out to the left at that tip tank as the terrain slips by. Seems to really enhance the impression of speed as well as aircraft stability. So danged cool!