PDA

View Full Version : OT-Game Booster 2.2

flyer01
January 17th, 2011, 10:03
I use Game booster 2.2 the free set up and it helps speed up the games some. At times some can be a lot.

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

flyer01:salute:

Led Zeppelin
January 17th, 2011, 10:16
Updating now, I was using V1.51, thanks.

HouseHobbit
January 17th, 2011, 16:41
Yea use this also..
Thanks..

cjcz7
January 18th, 2011, 09:43
Wow!!!!
at last! ETO on FULL graphics setting!!
:jump:

superashi
January 18th, 2011, 11:43
Hello...tried this game booster...broke my golden rule about backing things up before playing with something and now am paying for it. Cannot run ETO????

Drag and dropped the ETO Start icon to window in lower right hand of screen...clicked on it, game booster launched, game ran, shutdown game, game booster did its thing and restarted all process and services it disabled...then right clicked on ETO start icon in game booster window and clicked on "restore icon"...well it removed it from game booster window but didn't put it back on desktop...hhhmmm...how to start ETO now...searched ETO directory (folder) but it is not there...clicking on cfs3.exe starts game but in the last mode started....no menu choices...hhhhmmmm....so reinstalled ETO but it does not create that icon to start ETO...it does the others???

So can someone tell me what the "target" box displays...example for the PTO icon it dosplays

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS3 PTO Solomon Islands\cfs3.exe" -time

I can just make a new one with this info...thks

superashi :jump:

grizzly50
January 18th, 2011, 12:20
Hello...tried this game booster...broke my golden rule about backing things up before playing with something and now am paying for it. Cannot run ETO????

Drag and dropped the ETO Start icon to window in lower right hand of screen...clicked on it, game booster launched, game ran, shutdown game, game booster did its thing and restarted all process and services it disabled...then right clicked on ETO start icon in game booster window and clicked on "restore icon"...well it removed it from game booster window but didn't put it back on desktop...hhhmmm...how to start ETO now...searched ETO directory (folder) but it is not there...clicking on cfs3.exe starts game but in the last mode started....no menu choices...hhhhmmmm....so reinstalled ETO but it does not create that icon to start ETO...it does the others???

So can someone tell me what the "target" box displays...example for the PTO icon it dosplays

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS3 PTO Solomon Islands\cfs3.exe" -time

I can just make a new one with this info...thks

superashi :jump:

:kilroy:Superashi, this is what I have in ETO Start Icon:

ETO Start:

Target Type: MS-DOS Batch File
Target Location: CFS3 ETO Expansion
Target: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO Expansion\MASTERETOSTARTUP.bat"
__________________________________________________ _______________________________

Start In: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO Expansion"
Shortcut Key: None
Run: Normal Window
Comments: (this one is blank)

I hope this helps:d

wsmwsm
January 18th, 2011, 13:09
Does this really work? And are there downsides?

PRang
January 18th, 2011, 15:45
Guys

It works. That is what I have used for a long time. Try it. You can change the icon, too

God bless

PRang

wsmwsm
January 18th, 2011, 16:41
Well, I've downloaded, installed it, dropped the ETO icon into the Game Booster box and then re-established the ETO icon to the desktop. But can anyone explain how this works? Do you start up Game Booster, then start ETO (or any other CFS3 install) the normal way? And what was the point of putting the ETO icon in the game booster box?

Any advise would be great.

flyer01
January 18th, 2011, 19:11
Well, I've downloaded, installed it, dropped the ETO icon into the Game Booster box and then re-established the ETO icon to the desktop. But can anyone explain how this works? Do you start up Game Booster, then start ETO (or any other CFS3 install) the normal way? And what was the point of putting the ETO icon in the game booster box?

Any advise would be great.

You do not have to put the ETO icon in the Game Booster box to work. Just start Game Booster then click to Boost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3Lm_qd-0OM

To clean up my desk top I use RocketDock. "RocketDock allows you quick, convenient access to your favorite programs and most commonly used folders."

http://rocketdock.software.en.softonic.com/download?gclid=CIPFwJOxxaYCFdVf2godFQirJw

Don't forget the more you have on your Desktop. The harder you PC has to work when flying. because your deck top is running in the back ground.

There is probable a video on YouTube showing how it works. I do highly recommend this. Some times a little is a lot with FPS.

flyer01:salute:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEcJn54Vnno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlYEFSvz5xM&feature=related

flyer01
January 18th, 2011, 19:48
The 2ed RocketDock video is how I have my desktop.
This will get you better FPS.

flyer01

superashi
January 19th, 2011, 09:47
Thanks Grizz...that it! Game runs now! Appreciate your time...:salute:

cjcz7
January 19th, 2011, 10:22
i have my entire ETO directory (all 9.4Gb of it) inside a folder on my desktop - in Desktop\cfs3 eto\CFS3 ETO Expansion. will that slow me down?

flyer01
January 19th, 2011, 19:58
i have my entire ETO directory (all 9.4Gb of it) inside a folder on my desktop - in Desktop\cfs3 eto\CFS3 ETO Expansion. will that slow me down?

Maybe

ndicki
January 20th, 2011, 10:02
Installed the latest Game Booster - it definitely does what it says. The older version was a bit disappointing, at least on my ageing rig. Heartily recommended! I'm now on a resolution of 1920x1200 in MAW where before I was on 1440x900. FPS globally manageable, though I may drop down a bit for European flying owing to the thicker scenery.

flyer01
January 20th, 2011, 10:51
Installed the latest Game Booster - it definitely does what it says. The older version was a bit disappointing, at least on my ageing rig. Heartily recommended! I'm now on a resolution of 1920x1200 in MAW where before I was on 1440x900. FPS globally manageable, though I may drop down a bit for European flying owing to the thicker scenery.

ndicki, I very happy that this is helping your rig.

You just made my day.:wiggle:

flyer01