PDA

View Full Version : Xb-70

Stickshaker
November 30th, 2008, 00:04
http://www.wingsware.com/index.html

It looks nice, and seems to have some nice animations, like a dragchute. But I wasn’t able to use their download shop. May be my computer…<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

tigisfat
November 30th, 2008, 01:16
Man, these guys really need to take more of an active role in the community. I've never heard of them. That VC looks very good for a relatively unknown company, too. I'm going to have to start watching them in the future.

Thanks for the heads up.:ernae:

Quixoticish
November 30th, 2008, 01:20
The model looks accurate and the VC looks great, I can't help but think that the external texturing needs a bit of work, although that might just be an effect of the small size of the screenshots. Other than that these look like they could be some excellent little addons for FSX.

PRB
November 30th, 2008, 04:04
This looks like the work of Massimo Altieri and friends. He made FS2002 and 2004 versions (freeware) of all those planes a while ago. I have the RA-5C and the VC is very good indeed. I think I downloaded the FS9 XB-70 too. Have to check. All can be found at FlightSim.com, including some FSX updates. The XB-70 for FSX is xb-70x.zip.

deathfromafar
November 30th, 2008, 13:42
I sure hope they get the RA-5C correct as the original model was missing a lot of details including the tailhook! Plus I hope they get the flight model tuned out.

Panther_99FS
November 30th, 2008, 14:32
Man, these guys really need to take more of an active role in the community. I've never heard of them. That VC looks very good for a relatively unknown company, too. I'm going to have to start watching them in the future.:ernae:

I'd wager they're too smart for that - they've seen all the headaches that active roles cause other folks...;)

CodyValkyrie
November 30th, 2008, 15:52
Bookmarked. I'm going to be watching this with interest. As others have said, never heard of them. I would like to hear from someone who has purchased it.

Pepere
November 30th, 2008, 15:54
Bookmarked. I'm going to be watching this with interest. As others have said, never heard of them. I would like to hear from someone who has purchased it.

Me too :mixedsmi:

David

Panther_99FS
November 30th, 2008, 16:17
Where's Roger to take the plunge & get the XB-70 ?

Stickshaker
December 21st, 2008, 01:45
I bought the XB-70 and am very satisfied with it. Very nice VC, believable flight model (although I only flew circuits and acceleration between M 0.2 and 0.6 seems rather slow), and good cockpit visibility during landing. It has conventional flaps whereas the real plane had canard flaps but I understand this may be addressed in the future, and it does not seem to make all that much difference in flight behaviour compared to the Alphasim XB-70 – but you don’t see the canard flaps come down. The manual is rather superficial. It does not have the systems depth of some recent releases like Aerosoft’s F-16 but all in all it is a very enjoyable plane to fly. It really rekindles my interest in the real XB-70.

Stickshaker
February 3rd, 2009, 09:37
Updated version is available on the Wingsware website.