PDA

View Full Version : FSX water replaced with land.

THibben
January 16th, 2011, 15:51
I have just had a problem start with FSX in that the water has all turned to earth. I really don't know what I might have done to cause it. I was having some problem getting my Garmin 530 WAAS to run and reinstalled it a couple of times, but that is all I can think of.

In the process of trying to find it I have and uninstalled my UTX, GEX and REX. I also have turned off all ORBX sceneries in the scenery library. I have also uninstalled FSX acceleration and tried a repair on FSX. All to no avail.

I have an i7 980x CPU, Radeon HD 5850 GPU, 8G of memory and WIN 7 Ultimate 64.

I am about to reinstall FSX but am holding off. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

gera
January 16th, 2011, 16:43
Do not despair my friend, I have had that problem twice, somehow your Terrain.CFG file was corrupted, GEX did it to me twice. Just replace it with your copy of the original or you can download one....and keep a copy, for GEX and UTX will do it again, someday.......

noshadez
January 16th, 2011, 16:58
Hi Gera.. you mighta saw a prophency... in Revelations it says..."And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea".http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon27.gifhttp://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon6.png

DaveKDEN
January 16th, 2011, 17:23
I had a similar problem quite some time ago. Had to do with an FS2004 add-on scenery I ported into FSX. Unfortunately, I had to do a scenery add-on by scenery add-on "disable" in order to find the offending files.

THibben
January 16th, 2011, 17:40
Gera,

Thanks for the info. I should be able to just delete the existing cfg and start over shouldn't I?

Thanks for your help,

Tom

spotlope
January 16th, 2011, 22:10
You can also run UTX's repair option. Same w/Orbx scenery.

gradyhappyg
January 16th, 2011, 22:21
Had the same issue a while back if I remember correctly as Spotlope suggested I ran the UTX repair and there was water. Don't remember having to delete any files or anything.
These are some screenies from just west of LAX trying to find a carrier in the middle of all that dry earth.

paulb
January 16th, 2011, 23:24
I had the same problem last month. I have OrbX NA, and GEX/UTX Europe installed. I had been using OrbX in NA and then went to the UK - all of the water had vanished!

The solution was very simple - on FTX Central I clicked on default FSX and then 'apply'. This basically turns the OrbX off. I then went back to the UK and everything was fine. So basically, I just have to remember to turn the OrbX 'on' and 'off' via the FTX Central icon/prog when I switch from NA to Europe and vice versa.

papab
January 17th, 2011, 02:07
This happened to me once........If your water has turned to land all you need to do is open the UTX interface and let it reset the textures, close the interface and you should be good to go.....

Rick