PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE for Warbirdsim P-51D Restored Part 1!

Bomber_12th
January 15th, 2011, 12:19
Dear all,

A developer's update has been made available now through the Warbirdsim main site, available for download by all customers who purchased the P-51D Restored Part 1 product through Warbirdsim.

Simply log on to the Warbirdsim site using your existing download links, and re-download the new installer. For all future customers, the updates are already included. For those who have purchased the product through other vendors, the updates have already been included in your download.

IMPORTANT: Before installing the new files, please uninstall the product first.

UPDATE FEATURES INCLUDE:

- Minor cockpit modeling corrections
- Soundset refinements
- Higher-quality exterior textures (saved in 32-bit rather than DXT5)
- Chocks appear when the aircraft is parked, with the engine off, and parking brake set
- Pilot disapears when the aircraft is parked, with the engine off, and parking brake set

From all of us at Warbirdsim, we hope that these updates help bring continued enjoyment with this our first P-51D product!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/Bomber_12th/f6d_1.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/Bomber_12th/f6d_2.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/Bomber_12th/parked_img1.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/Bomber_12th/parked_img2.jpg

Quicksand
January 15th, 2011, 12:50
Thanks John.. Much appreciated...:salute:

OleBoy
January 15th, 2011, 13:04
Not knowing mustangs well, I notice the piece hanging under the aft fuse. Is that a, antenna, oil drain tube, breather line, grounding device, or?

Bomber_12th
January 15th, 2011, 13:18
The item that looks like a whip is simply a grounding wire, while the tube that exits behind it, right at the base of the rudder, is the pilot's relief tube. If you look at the bottom of the radiator scoop, there are all sorts of drain/excess flow exits as well - most of which are for oil, coolant, and aftercoolant.

OleBoy
January 15th, 2011, 13:41
Thanks John. I had no clue so I had to ask. I never really noticed in any other pictures around here. Drain and relief lines make sense to be at the tail for less mess.

Thanks for answering my question :)

CODY
January 15th, 2011, 13:46
John
I got a couple of dumb questions...
The zip file "upload numbers" are the same as the first one I D/L'd when I purchased it.
Should it be different?

And...I looked at my confirmation/download e-mail from you guy's and the "Order number:" is now blank in the e-mail?
And I wasn't smart enough to write it down?.....I hope I will not need it?

Jeff

Creepy847
January 15th, 2011, 13:52
John I followed your directions on downloading the new version of the ac. Unfortunately it seems that Im still downloading the old version. Its the same size as the orignal one about 199megs.

Ive also reinstalled it again with the new download, but after checking the textures (which are suppose to be 32bit Ive found them to still be DXT5) and then jumping in the plane and doing a shutdown I noticed there wasnt any changes like wheel chokes, or the pilot being removed.

This confirmed the fact that my download link is still giving me the orignal version. Ive already sent an email to support and hopefully Ill get a new link...

If theres anything else I missed let me know. I dont see any way of logging unto my download link. Each time I click on the link it just pops up the download for the P-51D which is not the updated one..

Im waiting now for a response from support. Again thanks for the hard work on this ac...

Thanks for the update..

Creeps..

Creepy847
January 15th, 2011, 14:03
Cody if you still have your download link then you still have your Order ID I think. My order ID is blank to.

If you look at your download link for the AC you will see a set of numbers in the link. Like this:

Download.do?orderID=####&assetID (http://www.warbirdsim.com/Download.do?orderID=####&assetID)=####

That order number should be the one you use if you need to send them an email like I did. I supplied both the order number and the asset ID number in my email requesting and updated download link with the latest updated version of the P-51D Restored Part1...

Creeps.

ErnstF
January 15th, 2011, 14:03
Yep, same results over here (Norway). Downloaded and innstalled the new one, but it`s the same as before :ques:

Cirrus N210MS
January 15th, 2011, 14:04
where do i login to the website to get the update i dont see anyplace to login

noddy
January 15th, 2011, 14:11
Well I know I bought it, but for the life of me I can't found my purchase information!

Fireball6
January 15th, 2011, 14:13
When I try to use the original download-link that was send to me from warbirdsim, I get the message "Download not not authorized".

Any one else get this ?

WarBert
January 15th, 2011, 15:12
Sorry Folks!

It appears that the server is having issues and there is a glitch.

Should have it all cleared up by the end of Monday and will let you all know.

As usual if there are issues, following on from this, please mail info@ or support@warbirdsim.com

Apologies for this hiccup!

Happy Landings!
Albert
www.warbirdsim.com (http://www.warbirdsim.com)

Fireball6
January 15th, 2011, 15:19
Thanks for the Info - I`ll try then again ...

Creepy847
January 15th, 2011, 15:22
Thanks for the info...

Creeps.

Ian Warren
January 15th, 2011, 15:32
:salute:Thanks Albert , Tuesday for me then

CODY
January 15th, 2011, 17:58
Cody if you still have your download link then you still have your Order ID I think. My order ID is blank to.

If you look at your download link for the AC you will see a set of numbers in the link. Like this:

Download.do?orderID=####&assetID (http://www.warbirdsim.com/Download.do?orderID=####&assetID)=####

That order number should be the one you use if you need to send them an email like I did. I supplied both the order number and the asset ID number in my email requesting and updated download link with the latest updated version of the P-51D Restored Part1...

Creeps.

Thanks
That still shows up in the link....Whew....

Jeff

skyhawka4m
January 17th, 2011, 08:44
Well I redownloaded and loaded everything but I'm not seeing the cheanges after shut down. Is there anyway to know what version I have in the aircraft file to be sure it loaded correctly?

Tartuffe
January 17th, 2011, 11:19
Well I redownloaded and loaded everything but I'm not seeing the cheanges after shut down. Is there anyway to know what version I have in the aircraft file to be sure it loaded correctly?

Same for me.

Lenop
January 17th, 2011, 11:27
Working here! New zip file is 227 Mb (232.769 Kb) big.
Remember to set parking brakes to see the new stuff!

Bomber_12th
January 17th, 2011, 12:32
Good to know it is sorted, Lenop, I hope you enjoy these little minor revisions! I would suggest now for those who want this update, to try again when you get the time. Or the sure way to know if you have the updated version already, is shut the engine down, put the parking brake on, and wait. If nothing changes after a few seconds, then it is the older version.

For each variant, the two main exterior texture sheets were re-saved as 32-bit versions, thus there is some size increase, but with how performance-friendly the aircraft is reported to be on all systems, I felt it would be nice to provide these clearer textures, without the loss of quality that comes from DXT5. I haven't noticed any performance downsides by doing this, and I am running quite an old machine.

noddy
January 17th, 2011, 12:35
So if I can't find the orginal e-mail with order etc, what can I do?

Bomber_12th
January 17th, 2011, 12:53
Noddy, please send an e-mail to Warbirdsim support, and provide the information you know from your purchase - i.e. name on purchase, e-mail on purchase, etc. - it shouldn't be too difficult then to sort it out. Please be sure to clarify what you are requesting as well when you send the e-mail.

Warbirdsim support e-mail: support@warbirdsim.com (support@warbirdsim.com)

Rick_Piper
January 17th, 2011, 14:12
Nice one mate

The P51D has been calling me since release.

I crumbled

Regards
Rick

Ian Warren
January 17th, 2011, 16:03
I Have the very same problem , have details i'll email support

Bomber_12th
January 17th, 2011, 16:33
Rick, thank you very much! It really means a great deal to me to hear that!

In regards to support, as well, it does operate on British time, so please bear that in mind in regard to response time. ;)

Bomber_12th
January 17th, 2011, 17:06
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/Bomber_12th/mstng4.jpg

noddy
January 17th, 2011, 23:30
John,

Many thanks.

Andy

WarBert
January 18th, 2011, 01:20
Hi,

Our little problem is all sorted out now as can be seen by the few who have the new version.

If you have lost your order number or are not sure where it is, email us at support with the email address used to purchase and we can send you your original download link manually.

Please note that this takes a little time as we have to check back through our records and marry up the email with the original order.

John is to be congratulated, as he is a perfectionist and is always striving to make a fantastic model even better for you!

Have Fun
Albert
www.warbirdsim.com (http://www.warbirdsim.com)

jankees
January 18th, 2011, 03:39
excellent, I'll download it later, when I get home.
Any word on part 2 and/or a paintkit yet?

jim
January 18th, 2011, 04:14
Uh, got a problem, where do I login on the Warbirds web site?

rvn817j
January 18th, 2011, 05:06
I just did the download about 60 minutes ago. I was looking for the same thing you were. What you need to find is the email you got from WarBirdSim with the "download link". Use that download link again to sign in and get the update. Regards -

Lenop
January 18th, 2011, 05:14
Again, thanks for the update. :salute:
Only one thing missing for me at the moment: an animated pilot figure.

Cirrus N210MS
January 18th, 2011, 06:47
Thanks for the Update

Could we get a Modded P-51D With a Second Seat ? i know you have one thats NASA Version allready here is a Photo of the Other Two Seater Version

http://celticowboy.com/P-51D.jpg

Lenop
January 18th, 2011, 07:04
Thanks for the Update

Could we get a Modded P-51D With a Second Seat ? i know you have one thats NASA Version allready here is a Photo of the Other Two Seater Version

http://celticowboy.com/P-51D.jpg

There are already 2 two-seaters in the package!

Bomber_12th
January 18th, 2011, 07:43
Three two-seaters, actually! :)

They include:
"NACA 127"
"Vintage Wings of Canada"
"Ferocious Frankie" - fitted with a partial armor plate bolted to the front tilt-seat

In each of these variants, you can fold down the front seat, just as you would in the real aircraft, to gain access to the back. Most surviving Mustangs today have a second seat installed. A few of these have basic dual controls - more on this, with Part 2.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/Bomber_12th/Image7-6.jpg

Cirrus N210MS
January 18th, 2011, 09:38
sweet

I Like that test Plane P-51D Though I Like the Normal Models thats why i asked :salute:

10lrrp
January 18th, 2011, 11:12
how do you uninstall this plane ????
THANKS got it now

Bomber_12th
January 18th, 2011, 11:31
how do you uninstall this plane ????

There should be a direct link to the uninstaller, from your Start-programs menu. It should read something like Mustang P-51D Restored Part 1, and from there you should have direct access to uninstall.

skyhawka4m
January 18th, 2011, 12:25
Bomber......I'm not seeing the eye candy at shut down. Am I missing something? I redown loaded and installed. Do I have to uninstall first then re-install?

Bomber_12th
January 18th, 2011, 12:53
John, are you putting the parking brake on as well? This is required as well in order for the items to appear/disapear. When in the FSX menu, the pilot should also not be visibile.

I don't know if an uninstall is really needed, though it is a good precautionary step to avoid possible complications.

Tienmac
January 30th, 2011, 10:57
I have sent an email to support@warbirdsim. My email with the P51D download link has been misplaced. Can you send me a new link. PM me. Tien Macdonald

captdoug
January 30th, 2011, 19:58
Hello...

I have the wardbirdsim P-51D restored installed and would like to download the update.

I've visited the Wardbirdsim site and can't find the update download. I know i'm probably blind,
so would someone lend me a cane... and direct me where to find it.

Thanks,

Captdoug