ndicki
January 15th, 2011, 03:56
Is this 109g-2?

grizzly50
January 15th, 2011, 04:08
:kilroy:Nigel, it looks Croatian to me.:d

huub vink
January 15th, 2011, 04:37
The aircraft was part of 15(Croatian)./JG52. Therefore the pilot was definitely Croatian, but the aircraft belonged to the (German) Luftwaffe. So it is actually a tricky question.

Cheers,
huub

ndicki
January 15th, 2011, 04:37
I didn't think it would take you long! Of course. 15. (Kroat) Staffel/JG 52, late 1942/spring 1943. For some reason, some (all?) JG 52 Bf109g-2 aircraft kept the all-yellow cowling which had been generally discarded by other Geschwader at this time.

HvyEng
January 15th, 2011, 04:40
Those are definitely Croatian wings on the fuselage, but the pilot looks about 15 years old. I don't think the Croats ever used child pilots.:jump:

http://www.ww2wings.com/wings/croatia/croatiaairforcelegion.shtml

--Dan

MajorMagee
January 15th, 2011, 04:40
The Red Checkers were only used in 1941, and after that the insignia changed through to the end in 1945.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2e/Croatian_roundel_WW2.svg/120px-Croatian_roundel_WW2.svg.png

Perhaps it was because these aircraft never changed ownership?

BTW, Love that link HvyEng.

ndicki
January 15th, 2011, 05:03
This was as Huub correctly states, a Croatian squadron WITHIN the German Luftwaffe. It was NOT a Croatian squadron within the Croatian Air Force - well, not really. They wore Luftwaffe not Croatian uniform during their time with JG 52, although Croatian distinctives such as pilot's brevets were worn. The aircraft retained full Luftwaffe markings with the addition of the Croatian Air Force wings forward of the cockpit.

Old Tiger
January 15th, 2011, 05:11
:wavey:Whatever nationality it is, :medals: i'ts a good looker.:salute:

ndicki
January 15th, 2011, 05:57
Thanks!

Just uploaded - it'll be available soon.

italflyer
January 15th, 2011, 06:15
Those are definitely Croatian wings on the fuselage, but the pilot looks about 15 years old. I don't think the Croats ever used child pilots.:jump:

--Dan

No, it's not a 15 y old boy, it's a well known Hobbit, trying to scrap ndickis plane!:173go1:

Cheers

hairyspin
January 15th, 2011, 06:34
No, it's not a 15 y old boy, it's a well known Hobbit, trying to scrap ndickis plane!:173go1:
Cheers

All Bf109 models based on the stock Bf109 have the vertically challenged pilot. That hobbit has been lurking a long time! (and he's sitting on two cushions as well as a parachute!)

HouseHobbit
January 15th, 2011, 06:43
All Bf109 models based on the stock Bf109 have the vertically challenged pilot. That hobbit has been lurking a long time! (and he's sitting on two cushions as well as a parachute!)

RATS!!!! Caught again!!!:icon_lol:
Just wanted to see if the pretty Bf 109 wrecked well..:applause:

Great who has my cushion!!!:banghead:

ndicki
January 15th, 2011, 07:00
The thing about Bf109s is you can't adjust the seat or pedals to account for height...

Old Tiger
January 15th, 2011, 07:18
Thanks!

Just uploaded - it'll be available soon.

:applause:Thank you ndicki:salute:

gosd
January 15th, 2011, 09:16
Thank You again ndicki for this well documented A/C:ernae:.
I have been downloading all of your recent work and everytime I get this question about MAW;
why does the following directive only apply to MAW?:
Adding AI sounds (MAW ONLY!!!):
First back up sounds.xml (in CFS3 root). Open the working copy with Windows Notepad.
Then scroll down until you find this line (MAW ONLY!!!) if you wish to assign correct Bf109 sounds to AI aircraft:
<aircraft>
<sound file="ai_fighter.wav"/>
</aircraft>
Could there be another way of doing this,my sounds.xml is getting bigger and bigger:bump:

ndicki
January 15th, 2011, 09:25
Gosd - Simple - I have no idea what there is in the ETO sounds folder; if as I suspect, they've simply copied our MAW one before adding their own stuff, then the AI sounds should work in ETO as well. But as I have no idea, I'm not putting my neck out. Check if you can find the wav file in CFS3/sounds. If you can, it'll work. Failing that, copy it over.

There is no other way to do it. Aircraft are either mentioned by name, or they get the default sounds.

The other reason I haven't gone into further detail in the "read-me" is that for every extra instruction you give, there are invariably a number of people who mess it up and then try and blame me...

ndicki
January 15th, 2011, 09:30
Coming soon - Bf109g-2 White 7 of Sgt Stefan Greceanu, Grupul 7 Vanatoare, Royal Romanian Air Force, Taganrog area, summer 1943. Not worth making a question out of this one!

Animal
January 15th, 2011, 20:22
Just some really beautiful work there fella!

alain95
January 17th, 2011, 01:00
I'm allways looking at your repaints with great interest Nigel, and enjoying the stereo sounds of the MG guns...

ndicki
January 17th, 2011, 06:03
Good! That makes it all worthwhile.

HouseHobbit
January 17th, 2011, 08:35
I will admit, I do look forward to you work very much..
The Bf 109's from you are the best out there..:applause:

And I do enjoy flying them..And wrecking them too..

I sent to you the first two missions in the Med for the JG 27, I am working on missions for each of the new birds from you..
It will take a bit, since I am attempting to build historical missions for you..
Just wanted to say Thanks very Much..

Keep them coming, and I will keep wrecking them..:isadizzy: