PDA

View Full Version : NASA Reports 2010 to be the Warmest Year on Record

hey_moe
January 14th, 2011, 23:25
http://www.dailytech.com/NASA+Reports+2010+to+be+the+Warmest+Year+on+Record/article20660.htm

OBIO
January 15th, 2011, 00:22
That's funny....we only had 2 to 3 weeks of what I would call HOT weather here..most of the summer felt to be to slightly cool summer. I know my tomato plants acted like it was a bit cool for them...took the maters forever to ripen, and even then they never got that vibrant red usually seen on nice vine ripened tomatoes. My banana and bell peppers also didn't do squat.

And as far as rain fall went...we either got too much for too long or had too little for too long. Flood or drought was the way it went. We would get hammered with rain and the garden would get water logged. Then it would dry up and go weeks without rain and I would have to use a number of garden hoses to get water to the garden.

I know winter set in earlier than usual here in North Central Ohio, and harder than usual. We had snow on the ground before Thanksgiving, and have only had 1 week were we had no snow on the ground since them. Right now, we have about 10 inches on the ground.

The thing that gets me about all these reports that the world is getting warmer and warmer is that the agencies doing the reporting pick and choose which data sets they use when they produce their reports. I am sure that there are people out there who could do the same thing, but use only those data sets that show cooler temps, and produce a report that says that the world is getting cooler and that we are heading toward another ice age. Statistics can be manipulated and twisted to give the results that best fit the needs of the user.

OBIO

stiz
January 15th, 2011, 00:32
The thing that gets me about all these reports that the world is getting warmer and warmer is that the agencies doing the reporting pick and choose which data sets they use when they produce their reports. I am sure that there are people out there who could do the same thing, but use only those data sets that show cooler temps, and produce a report that says that the world is getting cooler and that we are heading toward another ice age. Statistics can be manipulated and twisted to give the results that best fit the needs of the user.

But arnt you picking and chooseing data from your area to proove them wrong? :engel016:

I dont belive that the world as a whole is getting hotter evenly like they say it is though, we had an extremly wet, damp and hot summer with little actual sun, then had one of the coldest winters on record with record amounts of snowfall!! :isadizzy:

Trans_23
January 15th, 2011, 05:35
:monkies:

Cazzie
January 15th, 2011, 05:55
Where? Tell that to a US east coaster or anyone in Europe. :>)

huub vink
January 15th, 2011, 06:17
The earth is bigger than the place you live in. Globally the temperature was highest registered so far. This is the weakest point form this statement also. We record temperatures in a structural way for less than 200 years and only in the 'developed' part of the world. Structural global wide weather observation is even only a century old.

Talk to my good friend JanKees who teaches geology at the Delft university. He will tell you the earth has never been as cold as it is now and the amount of carbon dioxide has never been as low. When you compare something it makes a huge difference with what you compare it.

Global climate is changing, no doubt about that. But that has changed as long as the existence of the world. No doubt the humans have their effect. But I have the feeling some exaggerate our role and some underestimate our role.

We are consuming oil faster than the earth can create it, there are limits to the quantity of minerals. These are problems we will have to solve in the nearby future, but I'm confident we will.

Cheers,
Huub

stiz
January 15th, 2011, 11:22
We are consuming oil faster than the earth can create it, there are limits to the quantity of minerals. These are problems we will have to solve in the nearby future, but I'm confident we will.

yup .. when the oil runs out they'll be a mad scramble as the goverment figures out what else it can tax us all so highly on :monkies:

luckydog
January 15th, 2011, 19:06
........warmer by a coupla hundredths of a degree.
With the systems of measurement as screwed up as they are....I'm sure this is very accurate, globally :isadizzy:

stansdds
January 16th, 2011, 03:47
I think NASA said the same thing in 2009, then after publishing their report the admitted they plugged in the wrong data. Basically using August data for September.