PDA

View Full Version : Is It Just Me, Or...

dvslats
January 14th, 2011, 18:57
Hi All,
This past Christmas I received Il2 1946 boxed DVD.
It was ver. 4.07m which has been upgraded through 4.08 and 4.09. via the d/l's @ Ubisoft.

Looks pretty good reaching this point, so I decided to add some mØds.
My route to this point...

1.) SASMODACTv2.2
2.) SAS_Offline_Buttons
3.) 0_0_Plutonium_Universal_Max_Effects_V1
4.) BombBayDoors_Plus

Everything still works fine. :jump:

After getting to here, things started to become very :isadizzy: .

The readme in SASMODACTv2.2 states that there needs to be some edits done to several ".ini" files.

I'm lost. The ".ini" file edits.
Has anyone here ever done these?
The authors english is not his native language, hence some statements become confusing.

Any help on these would really be appreciated...:mixedsmi:

Also according to the readmes, hfxsounds_SASsfs_v2, and SAS_WeaponsClasses_4_Sound should be next along with some hand editing to several more ".ini" files.

Thanks In Advance, Dave

Talon
January 15th, 2011, 10:00
Hey Dv,

I've done all that through the years and it can be a real pain.If 1 line is wrong it won't work.

Right now I have the 2.01 patch which adds alot more to the game without doing all the edits.You still need to have the 4.08 and 4.09 patches in first. There should be a thread in here where it's at.

My next step is the new 4.10 patch which our online group is going to use eventually.

Talon

stansdds
January 15th, 2011, 11:13
The 2.01 patch mentioned is the UltraPack 2.01. This will give you a lot of mods without having to activate each one. Beyond what is in UltraPack 2.01, you may have to do some editing.

By the way, the official version of Il2:1946 is now version 4.10. UltraPack will be making a new version of UltraPack as UltraPack 2.01 is incompatible with Il2:1946 version 4.10.

dvslats
January 15th, 2011, 14:13
Thanks for the replies Talon and stansdds,

I've read about UP 2.01 in other forums. Maybe that's the route to go????

My thinking with the current mØd activator I'm using was learn the guts of the sim. But this is ending up a not so easy chore. The 1C team didn't want anybody mucking around in there and it seems they did a pretty good job of keeping it that way.
It is nothing like the MS simulators.

All I really want to do is to get rid of the 2d smoke effects and add historically correct markings to the German aircraft.

Will UP 2.01 do this?

Thanks, Dave

dvslats
January 17th, 2011, 02:28
My next step is the new 4.10 patch which our online group is going to use eventually.
Talon
Hi Talon,
Yeah that 4.10 patch. I haven't gone there yet since most of the additions are beta. I don't need to get more confused by a glitch because of possible bugs. :icon_lol:

I finally have that feeling of some success though...with my 4.09 install. I stuck with the SASMODACTv2.2 and got through sounds additions. TG.

This morning, another triumph....got the ship pak2 installed and working. Man that's a real nice addition!
This sim has a totally different look. On my rig, in OpenGL, the water effects blow me away.

Sticking with the paks versus individual installations of objects was definitely the easier route,as in the ship packs2, with the above modactivator. Much less editing.

Keeping a separate working install save me several time too.

I've just scratched the surface with the FMB. Took this screenie in it when verifying if the ships took. It's MB seems to have a lot of potential, but that's just an assumption right now.

I don't want to sound like I'm bragging or doing the big boast, though it probably reads that way...I'm just tickled that it's worked out so far.

Like you said, all of this has been done over the years...playing catch up can be a tough nut.

Well, Till Later, Dave

Talon
January 17th, 2011, 16:31
Dv, If you can still get the 2.01 patch it will make things alot easier. You get more planes,maps and the ship pak is already in it.

I've done about 6 rebuilds of the game over the years.

Talon

dvslats
January 18th, 2011, 01:57
Found it Talon. It's still available. ;) Looks like it'll take awhile to d/l all nine files.
I'll let ya know how she works.

Dv