PDA

View Full Version : Aeroplane Heaven goes under

bazzar
January 14th, 2011, 18:07
The water that is.

Last time I saw the office all I could see was the roof. We can't get back in yet as all the roads are blocked off and still flooded.

So, please do not expect much support over the next few days. We have lost a lot of gear, files , mementos and personal stuff but we won't know the extent of the damage until we get back there.

We managed to get a couple of computers out before the water arrived so can keep in touch.

Our main server is off-shore so the web will keep going.

Thanks and see you soon .

Baz.:wavey:

OleBoy
January 14th, 2011, 18:13
Sorry to hear this has happened. Although (in my eyes) your website, models and software are the least of any concern. Wish you the best at getting back to normal.

OBIO
January 14th, 2011, 18:40
Baz

Sorry to hear of the drowning of your offices and the lost of materials and stuff. But I would be much more sorry to hear of the loss of life as a result of the flooding you folks are experiencing. Computers and such can be replaced, human life can not....be safe and know that I (am many other SOH members) are keeping you Aussies in our prayers at this time.

OBIO

modelr
January 14th, 2011, 18:50
+1:kilroy:

magoo
January 14th, 2011, 19:10
The news accounts and video we've recieved here in BC have been absolutely startling. Most important is that you and your family/friends are accounted for and healthy. An event of unforgetable trauma. Take care!!

Wing_Z
January 14th, 2011, 19:10
..and glad you are all safe.

Milton Shupe
January 14th, 2011, 19:37
Sorry to hear this Baz; best of luck getting back to normal again. Our thoughts are with all of you guys there.

Willy
January 14th, 2011, 20:10
Just glad you and your people are safe. That's the important thing.

bazzar
January 14th, 2011, 20:17
Thanks people. We have fared a lot better than most around us and at least our family and home is safe and dry. We are joining the cleanup troops tomorrow to help get things going again for those who have lost their homes. It's something we can do while we wait to get into the area where the offices are.

marklaur
January 14th, 2011, 21:18
Hope you get up and running soon.

Regards MarkL

TARPSBird
January 14th, 2011, 22:09
Baz, very sorry to hear about this. Hope things are dried out and back to normal soon.

OleBoy
January 14th, 2011, 22:38
Your very fortunate that your home was spared Baz. I've helped a few times where this has happened here. Water was over the roofs. The outcome was devastating. The clean-up even worse as it doesn't go away as fast as it arrived. Houses had to be stripped to the studs and framing. A very heart wrenching and sad situation for all involved.

Aztec
January 15th, 2011, 00:13
Baz, watching telecast on Sunrise today it looks like the Queensland spirit is alive and kicking up there - you'll be back on your (dry) feet in no time! It was incredible to see the army of volunteers ready to pitch in. Wish we could do more from the southern states other than a few bucks towards the relief fund, but know that you are in our thoughts, as are all the flood victims across the country.

Az, a (dry) North-Western Victorian.

bazzar
January 15th, 2011, 00:23
Thanks Az . From what we see the damned stuff is now heading your way (?) This monsoon system is enormous.

SgtT
January 15th, 2011, 03:27
We will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers and will pray for a speedy recovery from this disaster and the return to some sort of normalcy soon. We wish you all the best!!

Blackbird686
January 15th, 2011, 07:24
Sorry to hear about the shop being underwater, but glad you all are safe and dry. that's the important thing.

Take care,

BB686:USA-flag:

AndyG43
January 15th, 2011, 10:19
Just seem this - damn!!

The most important thing is that you are all safe! You and yours are in my thoughts Bazzar. :salute:

Tom Clayton
January 15th, 2011, 12:08
Glad you're safe Baz! Just wish there was more that could be done from the opposite side of the globe.