PDA

View Full Version : Banned from VRS support Forum the day I purchase the Superbug!

Cleartheprop
January 14th, 2011, 11:54
that's amazing!

After reading the post by Navy Chief about the Superbug, I decided to make the move and purchase it.

The payment of USD 45 went perfectly but the file I downloaded seemed to be empty or not valid.
I then registered on the Support forum to get some instruction/help/feedback and all I got was arrogance, careless attitude and finally contempt..(Our file is good, your system is bad, try again...bye! not a single atom of consideration for the customer who's asking for some help).

A well known SOH member (james) provided me with the response to my problem by downloading a freeware that would unzip the VRS file flawlessly. It worked great thanks to him.

Eventually, after telling Mr VRS Varmint (!) that I understood that if I needed nothing, I could always ask him, I got banned from the forum.

I usually prefer to post casual comments or some videos I make from time to time but this time, I think some people commercially involved in that hobby, just don't behave properly.

papab
January 14th, 2011, 12:33
WOW!
I was going to purchase after Navy Chief posted but with that kind of customer service I will not spend any $$ with them!!!

MirageIII2009, thank you for posting!

SADT
January 14th, 2011, 12:34
Thats very sad. I was thinking of getting that very same aircraft today. What freeware program is that, that is required to unzip the file? How does she fly?

Francois
January 14th, 2011, 12:35
Merde, that sucks .....

SADT
January 14th, 2011, 12:36
Well, VRS Varmint has a user here I think, so maybe he can explain himself?

Paul K
January 14th, 2011, 13:02
Eventually, after telling Mr VRS Varmint (!) that I understood that if I needed nothing, I could always ask him, I got banned from the forum.

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Sorry to hear of your troubles, but that is a great line. Must use that one.

Roger
January 14th, 2011, 13:04
Unfortunately the type of individual who develops isn't always the right person to head a support forum. Such bad business practice is unforgivable.

Tim-HH
January 14th, 2011, 13:06
Hi,

yes, Jon's reaction was indeed a little bit rough. Especially as an incompatible compression tool is a very common error when one can't unwrap a file.

Maybe Jon just had a bad day...I doubt that he treats customers always like this ;)

Greetings
Tim

SirBenn21
January 14th, 2011, 13:08
WOW.... that's disgraceful.

I went and read the post in question and I must admit that VRS was way out of line been that rude! It's out right shocking!!!!!

MirageIII2009 you have my sympathies.

Ben

PRB
January 14th, 2011, 13:20
Well, regardless of what transpired before post #15 in that thread, it was that post (#15) that invited, and successfully generated, your ban. I can't say I would have reacted differently under the circumstances, but after any sort of contentious exchange, making a smart a** remark to the board's administrator will often have that effect! :icon_lol: I'm glad you got the issue sorted with the Super Bug!

Cleartheprop
January 14th, 2011, 13:20
Yes Maybe this developer had a bad day, but that's not a way to deal with customers. Maybe the product is worth the bucks but this misadventure definitely spoils my purchase.
It's just my experience with VRS, nothing more.

empeck
January 14th, 2011, 13:27
I've preordered SuperBug before release. I haven't any problems with it, so I don't have any experience with VRS support, however, it's Varmint who kindly told me and Fr.Bill on FFDS how to make 'Lotus style' lights to my Orlik. I wouldn't call him bad, or disrespectful person.

Customer should remember that developer is a person too, not a support machine.

Roger
January 14th, 2011, 13:29
Well, regardless of what transpired before post #15 in that thread, it was that post (#15) that invited, and successfully generated, your ban. I can't say I would have reacted differently under the circumstances, but after any sort of contentious exchange, making a smart a** remark to the board's administrator will often have that effect! :icon_lol: I'm glad you got the issue sorted with the Super Bug!

Either your in business or you're not in my book. The customer is king! I've been in sales for nearly forty years and I've never forgotten that fact. If you can't deal with a customer's issues then give him his money back. To ban someone without offering that is probably against the law, at least in the UK it would be!

kcgb
January 14th, 2011, 13:30
I never had a problem with there support, they were very helpful when my superbug didn't work. Must have been having a bad day.

Quixoticish
January 14th, 2011, 13:30
Having just glanced through the thread it appears that "VRS Varmint" is completely out of order in his behaviour.

I'd be tempted to request a refund and call it a day with VRS if they had treated me like that, especially since you are now banned from the support forum for a product you have just paid good money for.

jp
January 14th, 2011, 13:38
I think perhaps you caught him on a rough day... That said, I have had a good experience with VRS and have used the support forum several times. Perhaps you mistyped, or I took away something that was not meant to be taken away, but " after telling Mr. VRS Varmit that if I needed NOTHING, I could always ask him", sound a bit smart to me. Again, mabye I haven't understood the conversation correctly. If thats what you said to him, is it not possible he took it in the wrong context too? Anyway, I like my rhino, definately worth the money, as far as FSX goes.

Jp

jp
January 14th, 2011, 13:50
So, having just scoped out the converstion that transpired, I am of the belief he was correct. You were quite rude in my opinion. He said for you to check your computer and disk integrity. Did you do so? After that you pretty much say " is that seriously your answer, nothing in the world could possibly cause it on my computer. No, it's your fault." At which point I too would pretty much say "F#%k off".

Sorry if that's not what you wanna hear, but thats my opinion.

Jp

SirBenn21
January 14th, 2011, 13:56
So, having just scoped out the converstion that transpired, I am of the belief he was correct. You were quite rude in my opinion. He said for you to check your computer and disk integrity. Did you do so? After that you pretty much say " is that seriously your answer, nothing in the world could possibly cause it on my computer. No, it's your fault." At which point I too would pretty much say "F#%k off".

Jp

Wow more rudeness! You must obviously come from the VRS group with your total 28 posts on Simouthouse. :toilet:

Ben

jp
January 14th, 2011, 14:00
You made me laugh. You want it how it is, I'll tell you what I think. No, the intention was not to be rude, but to bring home a point, now, I suggest you read the conversation before commenting further.

Cleartheprop
January 14th, 2011, 14:00

Jp
I won't copy and paste here the thread I am referring to but I just can confirm I wasn't rude at all. The quote which appear in your text above is simply out of your imagination.

FSX is a hobby for me and I have had excellent relationship with developers as far as I am concerned.
Again, I'm used to casual posts and do not want to fight with any VRS supporters. The product might be excellent, the treatment I received was just terribly rude and anti-commercial... and I wanted to share this experience with the SOH community.

hey_moe
January 14th, 2011, 17:31
Well like I said before, when you buy a product customer service comes with it.For every customer you loose or piss off you loose ten more.In this day and time. The way things are being made, customer support is the most important thing right now.When you buy something now look at all the surveys that are asked of you to fill out. Companies are now starting to see that customer support and how they are treated weights more than the product itself.Working for the public is hard and demanding.When you buy a product either a download,or what ever first and for most you expect to receive it, second is that it works. When one of those fail you have every right to be mad. You worked hard for your money and when failure gets in the picture you feel you were ripped off.The seller has no right what so ever pissing off the customer in any way. Doing it in open forum is not the right direction to go.I've had customers reem me up one side to the other. I didn't make it, break it or design it. But I have to smile, grin and just bear it and try and smooth things out.Thats just a small part of doing business with the public.Were you treated wrong...yes you were. Did you have the right to be pissed off ... yes. He should have been the bigger person and done everything he could to help you out no matter what the cost to him or his site was. You already spent your money and trusted them to take care of you and thats what didn't happen. I could really careless if he had a bad day or not. I have had plenty of them too but I still have to grin and bear it.Look at the damage that has already been done just by one persons action.If you are going to treat just one customer like that before you sell a product you need to put in big bold letters that you offer no support or warranty on that product, but only for a few select customers. Now lets see how many you can sell...Mike

hey_moe
January 14th, 2011, 17:40
BTW, two members already have attacted one another....you know the rules here...right. Let's not start wee weeing on one another cus you know whats going to come about.

Roger
January 14th, 2011, 17:45
You made me laugh. You want it how it is, I'll tell you what I think. No, the intention was not to be rude, but to bring home a point, now, I suggest you read the conversation before commenting further.

If you are part of VRS group jp then I suggest you get your a%% in to action and sort this issue for any other potential customers with this issue! A customer is entitled to be "rude" if the product is defective in any way and it was defective in that the customer couldn't open the product and install it on to his pc.
If I have problems with any defective product I start with a polite suggestion, but if this doesn't work I start banging the table and making rude noises. This is the way of business...caveat emptor but beware the frustrated buyer.
If you're selling me something this is no longer "buddy" hobby, this is commerce and you'd better get it right if you want to succeed in the market place!

CodyValkyrie
January 14th, 2011, 17:46
Wow more rudeness! You must obviously come from the VRS group with your total 28 posts on Simouthouse. :toilet:

Ben

Insidious daggers regarding the comment above.

I see both points here. Regardless, your Bug IS working and VRS did give you support. You did also incite your ban with your further comment, as he gave you a warning.

There are ALWAYS two sides to every story. People are jumping on the bandwagon I suspect. Furthermore, VRS has provided support for years with few issues, and I believe only a couple of people have been banned (2 literally) if memory serves me right.

Hopefully cooler heads prevail.

Not to point Mr. Chams out (sorry buddy!), but read the following:

Mirageiii2009,

Please read my post (just above yours) for the solution. Jon's right; its NOT their file; it is most likely a problem between Windows Explorer and the Compression tool they are using, which is *why* Windows is reporting incorrect filesize values for the .zip file (the installer also seems to be reporting that same size from within the .zip file which leads me to that conclusion).

And I concur. The problem was NOT Vertical Reality Simulations fault.

Of course, my statement could bring some flame... but, my dog in the fight should be made clear. I know the developer and his family personally.

Roger
January 14th, 2011, 17:50
Insidious daggers regarding the comment above.

I see both points here. Regardless, your Bug IS working and VRS did give you support. You did also incite your ban with your further comment, as he gave you a warning.

There are ALWAYS two sides to every story. People are jumping on the bandwagon I suspect. Furthermore, VRS has provided support for years with few issues, and I believe only a couple of people have been banned (2 literally) if memory serves me right.

Hopefully cooler heads prevail.

You're wrong Cody...as I keep on reminding the protagonists in this thread the customer is king! How many more times does this need to be said!

CodyValkyrie
January 14th, 2011, 17:58
To a degree, I concur... to a degree...

I am not your average cookie however. In the work I have done with numerous companies, inside and outside FS and in completely different fields, I have always reserved the right to refuse service to anyone. There must be a mutual respect between companies and buyers. All too often in this community, I see customers taking advantage of companies. I can note some various developers who have refused service to customers. I myself have been at the end of such an issue, with disastrous results.

Companies have rights too... especially on private forums.

At any rate, this is a venomous topic. I'm going to graciously (hopefully) see my way out of it before it divulges into something I do not wish to be a part of.

gera
January 14th, 2011, 18:01
You will always find people who think they are "Prima Donnas" (Doughnuts??) in the market,and think that their product is a non plus ultra and you must like it like it is because it is perfect.....usually people or sellers like that eventually go Broke!!! :gameoff:

Roger
January 14th, 2011, 18:02
Well it looks like neither vendor nor emptor will benefit from more discussion on this topic so I guess it's time for a close.

warchild
January 14th, 2011, 18:07
Welllll, i'm only gonna say this once...
i dont care whos right or wrong. i dont care which ideal should be followed nor do i give a rat about anything else beyond peaceful discussion between adult personalities. Ove watched this spiral down since it was first introduced and as much as i sympathize with both sides of the argument, the fact remains that this is not the place for it.. Take arguments into PM please and leave them out of our home.. If it contunies to spiral ( youve got one post) I will lock this thread.

N2056
January 14th, 2011, 18:10
So when one customer can't figure out how to open the box my product came in when pretty much everyone else apparently could...and then becomes adversarial in my support forum when I try to help, he (and people that read his tale of woe in some other forum) automatically is right in the assumption that I am the problem.

I worked as a field service mechanic for a local company for several years, and I was good at what I did. Customer service was a huge part of my job. One thing I learned really fast was that no matter how hard you tried there were people you would have to deal with that just were not going to be satisfied unless they got their way. Realistically that's not possible in business. No matter how hard you try there will be people that are going to get mad at you and walk away.

I would have pulled your plug too.

hey_moe
January 14th, 2011, 18:10
Well I guess she straighten our a$$ out.

gigabyte
January 14th, 2011, 18:18
I am not going to take sides in this one it is no longer a constructive debate IMHO, the only comment I can add is - most of the time "It's not WHAT you say, It's HOW you say it"... :salute: