PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for a mission...

ndicki
January 14th, 2011, 10:48
Well, not so much a mission as a sight-seeing tour of the ACC facilities around England. In another thread we've been discussing windmills and things, and it struck me it would be great to have a mission or missions which involved nothing more than stooging around looking at the scenery. With a bit of a map, say, and then you fly to Tangmere, admire the windmill, and then off to wherever to see the next thing. And so on. It would be a fantastic way to give a bit of recognition to all the hard work that the scenery gang, ACC in particular, have carried out on the previously boring stock landscape.

What do you think?

HouseHobbit
January 14th, 2011, 11:02
Great idea, But where is everything we need to see is the Question..:ques:

This could become a epic adventure, Not that I ever do adventures..:icon_eek:

Well maybe few, but not enough to damage my good standing as a Hobbit..:icon_lol:

grizzly50
January 14th, 2011, 11:39
Great idea, But where is everything we need to see is the Question..:ques:

This could become a epic adventure, Not that I ever do adventures..:icon_eek:

Well maybe few, but not enough to damage my good standing as a Hobbit..:icon_lol:

:kilroy:HH, the simplest way I know is just to open the global_layer.csv in a spread sheet program.

All of the goodies mentioned, and then some, are on that list. It even includes the map locations.

In ETO, you can also open:

bob_global_layer.csv
1943_global_layer.csv
1944_global_layer.csv
1945_global_layer.csv

For safety's sake, I would copy these files to a location outside of the ETO main game folder before opening with a spread sheet program.

There are a good bit of these extras in ETO.:d

flyer01
January 14th, 2011, 17:28
Well, not so much a mission as a sight-seeing tour of the ACC facilities around England. In another thread we've been discussing windmills and things, and it struck me it would be great to have a mission or missions which involved nothing more than stooging around looking at the scenery. With a bit of a map, say, and then you fly to Tangmere, admire the windmill, and then off to wherever to see the next thing. And so on. It would be a fantastic way to give a bit of recognition to all the hard work that the scenery gang, ACC in particular, have carried out on the previously boring stock landscape.

What do you think?

I would truly enjoy a scenery flight mapped out in ETO. What a great thought.

flyer01

popsaka
January 14th, 2011, 18:28
...Sort of like a 'new to the group-get to know the aircraft/area'...(?):jump:

(I always luv anything out of the regular-run-of-the-mill typical etc.):p:

dewoitine
January 14th, 2011, 23:20

What do you think?
Very good idea.
It would be possible to make match ETO and MAW with addition of North Africa ?

Led Zeppelin
January 15th, 2011, 00:05
Personnally, this is exactly what I do sometimes. I like to have a ride with an aircraft that I don't use to fly with in missions (usually recon aircrafts) and then, have a look around facilities I find.

Most often, it's a facility I find in the facility folder and then, I locate it in the global layer file. I still don't have seen everything in MAW there are so many locations to discover!!

Same for ETO. The other day, I discovered that Antheor viaduc has been included in ETO!

rbp71854
January 15th, 2011, 02:39
Clive has already provided an example of a sunday afternoon sightseeing mission in the training folder-Bob Era.

The mission is called "Warmwell(Woodsford) to Yeovil"

In the mission readme folder you will find a map and a write up on the mission. The text of the readme follows

Warmwell training mission for CFS3 ETO install

This is a fictional mission set in the early 1940.
Take off from RAF Woodford (Warmwell) and fly cross country to RAF Yeovil,
the route will take you over local landmarks. There are no reports of enemy activity
but be aware of other training flights in the vacinity.
The mission is best run with the TAC display and laels on to begin with.
If you want to do it using the compass here are the headings.
Take off Warmwell and head
1) 243deg 5.3 Nm Osmington White Horse
2) 317deg 3.7 Nm Wireless mast
3) 351deg 7.6 Nm Cerne Abbas
4) 288deg 5.9 Nm Frome-St-Quintin Church
5) 330deg 9.7 Nm RAF Yeovil
Route length 32Nm ETA 08:12

Pat Pattle - ETO Expansion Group & Airfield Construction Corps 2009

cjcz7
January 15th, 2011, 09:17
i can attempt to piece together a 'grand tour' for ETO if anyone is interested, please post possible locations of interest:jump:

ndicki
January 15th, 2011, 09:31
And of course, you could always use one of my recce Messerschmitts to get some photos!

popsaka
January 15th, 2011, 10:30
And of course, you could always use one of my recce Messerschmitts to get some photos!
...which could then be posted...(to reconnoiter, of course!):costum:

HouseHobbit
January 15th, 2011, 11:51
I like to fly my Purple hobbit specials for this..
I do alot of looking for sites in the various sims to build missions in..
I do fly often just checking out a area to see if it will work well for a mission set..

Several of the cool little pretties, I have ran across..
But for the most part I have no idea where it all might be..
I will open the gsl's and have a look see..

I know check the read me's..
I knew there was a reason the Masters when to all this trouble to make them..
Off to hide..

cjcz7
January 16th, 2011, 08:37
okay guys!, i am uploading a quick 'grand tour' mission of Southern England which includes windmills, radar stations, lighthouses, chalk giants and much more. please report any problems

HouseHobbit
January 16th, 2011, 09:03
okay guys!, i am uploading a quick 'grand tour' mission of Southern England which includes windmills, radar stations, lighthouses, chalk giants and much more. please report any problems

BRAVO, I look forward to this..
Now I don't have too...Too many pokers in the fire anyway..:icon_lol:

Thanks for this..

:salute: :salute: :salute:
And to the ETO/PTO team Thanks for the great fun ..
:salute: :salute: :salute: