PDA

View Full Version : Question About Moving Saved Games???

muletrain
January 14th, 2011, 06:58
Greetings folks...
I sure like X3. Started with Reunion and moved to TC.

Recently upgraded from Win WP to Win 7 (64bit) and tried to move some old saved games over with no success. So I just started over since X3TC version 3.0 is a bit different. I just enjoy exploring and trading and the plots...reminds me of the old "Privateer".

My old version was 2.7. Do you suppose that is why I couldn't transfer the saved games?

Did a quick search of this forum topic and didn't see any comments on this other than that interesting saved game utility.

Is there any good way to shift saved games between computers/different operating systems/different X3TC versions?

Thanks...
Muletrain (Roy Marsh)

gigabyte
January 16th, 2011, 02:11
Muletrain, the save ganes from Reunion can't be ported to Terran conflict, and with many of the updates and modes the saves are not forward compatible either. This is because many of these updates and mods change the universe and you save game will have totally different nav and background data which will not work with a new universe.

Having said that it is easy to backup and move saves from one system to another, just look for the Save Game Folder in your My Documents, I copy the whole folder to a flash stick and move it when I want to.

muletrain
January 24th, 2011, 04:35
Thanks for the words, Gigabyte.

I've noticed some differences between TC2.7 and 3.0 and expected that's why I couldn't make the change. That's ok...I've started over and am enjoying the subtle and not so subtle differences between versions.:jump:

R