PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice or help

hey_moe
January 13th, 2011, 15:50
These shots below were taken on triple 24" monitors using Fraps. How can I blow them up for it to look like what I am viewing instead of it being narrow like this.

OleBoy
January 13th, 2011, 16:34
Pretty sure you need a panoramic stitching program. Although any graphics software (Photoshop or Paintshop) will work. They'll be enormous to deal with but, it could be done.

Thoe6969
January 13th, 2011, 17:03
Just try resizing them to something like 800 by 600. That will get rid of the squashed look.

hey_moe
January 14th, 2011, 02:32
I don't have time to mess with it this morning but when I get home I will try what you guys suggested and get back with you, thanks, Mike

Dimus
January 14th, 2011, 02:45
Well, I think they are gorgeous as they are. They are what they are supposed to be, panoramic views. The difference in your monitor would be the fact that you are seeing the left and right parts at the correct angle. This can only be reproduced by producing a 3d/panorama file in flash format for example, where one can rotate the view from one edge to the other. The Nikon/Arcsoft software provided with my digital camera could do that and I remember taking multiple shots covering an arc and then stitching them together to produce something like what you have from FRAPS. This image could then be compiled into a 3d/panorama.

hey_moe
January 14th, 2011, 02:59
Well I can say this. When you have three monitors hooked up and fling any of the Flight programs including the Combat ones too it looks completely different due to the amount on scenery you can see.I'm gonna have to mess around with one of the photo programs tonight to see if I can post a better screen shot.

kilo delta
January 14th, 2011, 04:25
Try the freeware Microsoft ICE panorama software available here.. http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/ice/

Stratobat
January 14th, 2011, 04:59
Hey Kilo Delta,

Try the freeware Microsoft ICE panorama software available here.. http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/ice/

Interesting looking program - Thank you for the heads up :cool:

Regards,
Stratobat