PDA

View Full Version : P-39 airacobra series question

Bill Kestell
November 29th, 2008, 16:40
I've been playing around with my favorite aircraft and discovered that I have 2 basic airfiles ... one with methanol boost ... the other without.

Now I have wracked my brain and looked high and low and I haven't been able to find out which is correct ... "MIT" or "MIT-OUT" (as we say up here in Kraut-land).

So, CFS2 Community ... Front and Center ... what's the verdict?

Thanks

Allen
November 29th, 2008, 17:16
Later P-39 could have had methanol boost but I don't bellive so. Some had War power in the later models.

Look up Introduction to the P-39 and Flying the P-39 I found them on Youtube. In the one vid it says to inforum the ground crew if you use War Power.

Also I have part of a computerwise P-39Q ops book. Save and change the P-39Q Op book.doc.pdf (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64490&stc=1&d=1228019950) to P-39Q Op book.doc and open with M$ word.

I also Have the real book copyed over to a .PDF but it too big to attach.:banghead:

Book Quote:

WAR EMERGENCY THROTTLE SETTING
The throttle quadrant on the P-39Q-1 airplane is equipped with a "War Emergency Throttle Stop." This consists principally of a light wire stop across the throttle lever slot at the usual 50.5 inches Hg limit. In an emergency, push the lever forward, breaking the wire. This will increase the manifold pressure to 57 Inches Hg. Do not maintain the pressure for more than 5 minutes at the most, and use it only in emergency. The broken wire will indicate to service mechanics that the ship will require special attention.

Gash I'm a P-39 geek.......Like a Avatar did not say so already.........