PDA

View Full Version : FSX USN Stearman--NEW?

OleBoy
January 13th, 2011, 05:58
FSX USN Stearman
[ Download | View ]

http://www.flightsim.com/q/fsxstearmanusn.gif

Name: fsxstearmanusn.zip Size: 17,749,709 Date: 01-13-2011
FSX USN Stearman. This is David Eckert's Boeing Stearman updated for FSX. The Boeing Stearman is a biplane that was used as a military training aircraft. A total of 9783 were built in the United States during the 1930s and 1940s. Stearman Aircraft became a subsidiary of Boeing in 1934. The Stearman served as a primary trainer for the USAAF, as a basic trainer for the United States Navy as the NS and N2S. This aircraft is dressed in United States Navy colors. This aircraft package includes a 2D and VC panel. Aircraft package include pictures and history of this beautiful aircraft. Textures and FSX updates by Mark Rooks of RDG Aircraft.

Ferry_vO
January 13th, 2011, 07:05
Nothing new about that except the textures..

OleBoy
January 13th, 2011, 07:34
Nothing new about that except the textures..

Oh well, least members are aware of that now

kilo delta
January 13th, 2011, 11:05
Anything that is tagged "Mark Rooks of RDG Aircraft" tends to be a modded FS9 portover that's been "tweaked".

PutPut
January 13th, 2011, 12:12
I haven't tried this because my phone line has been down since 12/21/2010. No dial tone and DSL is too spotty to download anything. However, it sounds like this is basically Dave Eckert's wonderful 2004 Stearman with updated textures. That would be worth a look even if it is a portover.

Best, Paul

heywooood
January 13th, 2011, 15:28
"fireball"

stansdds
January 13th, 2011, 17:06
Some of those port overs are ok, but some have texture issues and questionable flight model tuning, at least that has been my experience.

wilycoyote4
January 13th, 2011, 20:56
(oh no, another old story)
Anyway, I paid $5 or so for the front seat flying out of some country asphalt runway, mighta been Clackamas area, and got a few seconds of stick time after the pilot signaled me by shaking the joystick, woulda been more but some pesky Cessna was trying to fly formation with us so the pilot in back gave me the signal----stick shaking----to let go as he'd take over. I got started in a gentle left bank for maybe 4 or 5 seconds.

So, just gotta try this one, ok sounds, handles smooth, trims real nice, ok for free, windshield problem but I don't mind. Gotta try a slip, that'll really bring back a memory.