PDA

View Full Version : Just Flight Connie

Rockitglider
January 13th, 2011, 05:39
Hello,

Does anyone have any comments on the Connie from Just Flight (Aeroplane Heaven), I just saw it yesturday and have always wanted one of these, but kinda wondering why I don't hear much about it. Has anyone purchased this? any links to reviews? Thanks for your help

Sincerely, Rockitglider :jump:

ColinT46
January 13th, 2011, 06:54
Hello,

Does anyone have any comments on the Connie from Just Flight (Aeroplane Heaven), I just saw it yesturday and have always wanted one of these, but kinda wondering why I don't hear much about it. Has anyone purchased this? any links to reviews? Thanks for your help

Sincerely, Rockitglider :jump:

I bought this when it first came out and have since uninstalled it. It has been updated and a lot of the early reported issues were corrected (as with all new software). However I prefer the Freeware repaints of Manfred Jahne's connie and I find this much more appealing.

Rockitglider
January 13th, 2011, 06:58
Hello,

Thanks for the answer, but does this other one you're talking about have a VC, I gotta have a VC

Rockit

ColinT46
January 13th, 2011, 07:02
Yes comes complete with VC.

paulb
January 13th, 2011, 07:27
Hi

I have it but don't use it that much. I think that its pretty good overall. Having said that, there are few (if any?) repaints for it. I suggest that you try out the freeware suggestion above before you consider buying. BTW, if you do decide to buy, then look around for the best price, as some sellers discount it nowadays. I bought it at around 50% off.

TeiscoDelRay
January 13th, 2011, 07:47
I have it and love it. It is the only commercial aircraft I fly in FSX. The cockpit and engineers station is very nice and has great night lighting for the gauges.

As far as repaints you have to buy the addon packs and I recommend all of them. I did pack "C" for them and it includes some of my favorite liveries as seen here in this very nice review of it at Mutley's Hangar
http://www.mutleyshangar.com/reviews/rob/cxp-c/cxp-c.htm

The reason you don't find many repaints of this plane is because it is very difficult to paint and get it right. I spent about a month on these liveries.

I have had both versions, freeware and payware, and the JF Connie is the one I take when setting up a long flight plan.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii22/Warbirds_photos/RealinRio.jpg

Rockitglider
January 13th, 2011, 08:18
Hello again,

Thanks a bunch, I will check out the free one first, but there is one livery on the JF one that I like alot, I'll have to search for it for the free version, Thanks again, Seems fair and ballanced :jump:

Rockitglider :salute:

Warrant
January 13th, 2011, 08:33
I have the plane and two extra packages. I love them very much, both the visual model (incl VC)and the flight characteristics.
My personal fav's: the KLM version and the EC121's.
Actually doing a round the world trip with the JF Connie.
The freeware one is excellent too, but a port-over as far as i can remember.