PDA

View Full Version : Just one of those days

paiken
January 12th, 2011, 15:54
Had to get up around 5am to visit the porcelain appliance, and after my visit was floored (literally) by searing pain in my back. After a few minutes I was able to get up, but the pain was still quite...well...painful; like nothing I have ever experienced. Managed to somehow get dressed, but knew I would be unable to drive to the ER. Had to call the local paramedics to give me a lift to the hospital. After talking with the Dr, he sent me to have a quick CAT scan.

You may already have guessed the result. Kidney stone (4mm) decided to make its presence known. So now I get to urinate into a filter for a couple of days until the stone passes. The doc also wrote a prescription for some nice painkillers (although I haven't had to use them....yet. The pain stopped when I got to the ER).

Gives me a chance to catch up on some flying I guess, although if I take the pain meds, I may end up Panthering too much.

Cazzie
January 12th, 2011, 16:00
I feel your pain.

I've had into the double-digits since 1972, forgot since it's been so many.

Take a PK and do as I'm doing, pulling the rug over me for this day, glad it's about passed.

Caz

Tako_Kichi
January 12th, 2011, 16:26
Been there, done that, didn't enjoy it very much! :isadizzy:

Kidney stones are known to be one of the most painful experiences to suffer and rank alongside giving birth and broken ribs (had those too...twice).

When I finally passed mine it was the size and shape of half a split yellow pea but it felt like I was passing a basketball at the time!

Good luck and may the 'force' be with you (so you can blast that sucker out of there as quickly as possible!)