PDA

View Full Version : A new and very detailed look at the Aerosoft/4x Katana

Alan_A
January 12th, 2011, 08:11
Via a link on the Aerosoft forums, I came across THIS NEW PREVIEW (http://bush-pilots.net/viewtopic.php?t=6179) by Vitus, a beta tester, of the upcoming Aerosoft/4x Katana by Marcel Felde. It's in German, but even if you don't have German, the screenshots tell most of the story. (Side note - I do have passable German but can also say that for once, the Google translator does a pretty decent job).

All I can say is that if this thing performs half as well as promised, a lot of my GA is in danger of being mothballed. The A2A Cub stays but everything else is at risk.

Have a look and see if you agree.

FYI - I'm not involved in this project, just an enthusiast.

Kiwikat
January 12th, 2011, 09:19
That thing is beautiful.

MarkH
January 12th, 2011, 09:25
Also check out NickC's shots (http://forum.siminsider.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=697) of this bird.

paulb
January 12th, 2011, 10:48
Oh No!!!!!

I will have to buy another Diamond...........;)

fleurdelys
January 12th, 2011, 13:28
Although these flying plastic contraptions are not really my cup of tea, I must confess that this one is gorgeous inside and out...

And it propably flies as good as it looks, too...:kilroy:

spotlope
January 12th, 2011, 15:29
I'm not a huge fan of slow, small, plastic planes either, but somehow I've got a handful of them in my hangar. This one looks like a no-brainer, for the systems modeling and extra features alone. Plus I'm a sucker for a good VC, and this is clearly going to be a great one. In theory, I wouldn't want one of these. In practice? Sign me up!

Alan_A
January 12th, 2011, 20:51
I'm not a huge fan of slow, small, plastic planes either, but somehow I've got a handful of them in my hangar. This one looks like a no-brainer, for the systems modeling and extra features alone. Plus I'm a sucker for a good VC, and this is clearly going to be a great one. In theory, I wouldn't want one of these. In practice? Sign me up!

For most of the (considerable) time I've been flightsimming, I picked airplanes by type - if it was something I might realistically be able to afford, or was particularly interested in for some other reason, maybe historical, I'd buy it. Only recently I've decided to focus more on overall quality and let that lead me into types I'd never have considered before. As a result I've found my way into 1940's fighters (via the A2A P-47) and big transports (via the A2A B-17 and the Uiver DC-2). I'm even beginning to explore PDMG airliners. And it looks like the same approach is going to lead me into this cramped, bouncing, floating thing too... Let the adventure continue...