PDA

View Full Version : Real weapons in FSX? You betcha!

CodyValkyrie
January 12th, 2011, 05:22
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2zfE_4JzwR4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2zfE_4JzwR4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

wiltzei
January 12th, 2011, 05:53
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/388win_sector.jpg

Chris Sykes
January 12th, 2011, 06:09
:jump::gameon::gameoff::icon31::jawdrop:Whoooooooo oooooo!!!!!!!!!! Thats Awesome!!!! It kinda looks like the FSW system...

Navy Chief
January 12th, 2011, 06:23
Who?, what?, where?, when?????......

I WANT THIS!

NC

empeck
January 12th, 2011, 06:24
:jump: :jump: :jump:

airattackimages
January 12th, 2011, 07:18
I am soooo ready to shell out some cash for this. I'm already in love with VRS, and I've been waiting for this to release so I can complete my love. Seeing it for the first time as more than just an idea, but something I can *see* working is killer!

:jump:

BTW, great video production as usual!

tracyq144
January 12th, 2011, 07:22
Awesome!!

Dave Torkington
January 12th, 2011, 07:44
Just outstanding... Plastic is at the ready here! This reminded me of a 'weapons module' that was being developed in 2009 by Novelair. They went quiet early last year, but I wonder if there's any connection with this module and the VRS addon?

http://www.novelair.com/forum/index.php?board=52.0

Chris Sykes
January 12th, 2011, 07:47
Just outstanding... Plastic is at the ready here! This reminded me of a 'weapons module' that was being developed in 2009 by Novelair. They went quiet early last year, but I wonder if there's any connection with this module and the VRS addon?

http://www.novelair.com/forum/index.php?board=52.0

Yeah thats exactly what i thought when i saw it...

It kinda looks like the FSW system...

bearcat241
January 12th, 2011, 07:49
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/3062/20090810185955budlight.jpg (http://img529.imageshack.us/i/20090810185955budlight.jpg/)

The sure sign of a good <WBR>time.... Here we go!!!!

Mathias
January 12th, 2011, 07:52
Impressive!
Just reminds me how much I miss a good up-to-date WWII combat flightsim.
Oh, and yet again a first class jaggyroads act there, congrats!

CodyValkyrie
January 12th, 2011, 07:55
Dave, I do not think so. I talked to Jon about this exact thing. I believe there was some talks early on but there was a falling out. I could however be "talking out of place," so please do not take my word as official.

icarus
January 12th, 2011, 07:56
hope there will be something also for WWII models.

Dave Torkington
January 12th, 2011, 08:01
Dave, I do not think so. I talked to Jon about this exact thing. I believe there was some talks early on but there was a falling out. I could however be "talking out of place," so please do not take my word as official.

Rgr that CodyValkyrie :salute: Whatever the case, this is ground breaking stuff or what? I'm excited to see an SDK too.

Varmint
January 12th, 2011, 08:04

Um I better set the record straight here:) I talked to Daniel Berlin over there about mid-2009, and we were definately interesting in working together at the time, but he had since fallen off the radar and I never heard from him again. I believe he was quite busy with his real job at the time and was even preparing to move, so frankly I don't know what happened to him.

In any event the TacPack was developed 100% in-house. It's something we wanted, and it's something we built from scratch. So please, let's not get any ridiculous rumors going here folks:) Once again, Daniel Berlin and VRS never worked together or shared any assets - period. End of rumor.

Warrant
January 12th, 2011, 08:05
Very nice and very welcome!
Funny thing is i did notice that in the final part of the movie a SA-2 missile was engaging the aircraft, with the booster still attached. In this stage of intercept the missile should have long gone in sustainer phase.

Otherwise, very impressive :salute:

CodyValkyrie
January 12th, 2011, 08:36
Thanks Jon for clearing that up. I spoke a bit out of place, and realized I didn't quite explain it properly until long after I posted.

Icarus, I don't see why it couldn't be adapted to use in WWII aircraft via the SDK once it is out.

empeck
January 12th, 2011, 08:54
I have one question - will TacPack include M61 Vulcan too?

Daube
January 12th, 2011, 09:01
I have one question - will TacPack include M61 Vulcan too?

Have a look here for precise description:
http://www.vrsimulations.com/tacpack.htm

I quote the part that is interesting for you:

Lethal (to both aircraft and simobjects) weapons simulation for all the current systems carried by the VRS Superbug, with all associated avionic displays:

M-61A1 20mm Gatling Gun
AIM-9X “Sidewinder”
AIM-9M “Sidewinder”
AIM-7 “Sparrow”
AIM-120 AMRAAM
AGM-65E “Laser Maverick”
AGM-84D “Harpoon”
AGM-84H SLAM-ER
AGM-154A JTOW
AGM-88C HARM
GBU-10 “Paveway II”
GBU-12 (singles or pairs)
GBU-31 JDAM

monk1
January 12th, 2011, 09:04
This is excellent news! I've avoided military models in FS solely because there was no support for ordinance. This will change everything. I'm gonna put the hurt on that credit card. Bad, bad credit card. :jump:

empeck
January 12th, 2011, 09:06
Interesting. I wonder how precise it can be. How hitpoints on other aircrafts are calculated. In theory TacPack would allow to model almost every conflict from WWI until now.

FSX and TacPack would make an ultimate combat flight sim sandbox.

bearcat241
January 12th, 2011, 09:10
...Funny thing is i did notice that in the final part of the movie a SA-2 missile was engaging the aircraft, with the booster still attached. In this stage of intercept the missile should have long gone in sustainer phase.

Otherwise, very impressive :salute:

Jane's Fighter Anthology, JUSAF, JF/A-18E, Lomac, Blackshark...you can name 'em all and none have transitional phasing in their SAMs. I'll take this bad boy any way we can get it, as long as it's live, fast and LETHAL!:ernae:

:salute:

pilottj
January 12th, 2011, 09:29
there are some methlabs that could use some cleaning up with this....:cool: I wonder if there could be some future compatability with Lotus Mike's Mig-29. You could have a genuine air to air combat multiplayer gig in FSX with that :)

crashaz
January 12th, 2011, 09:34
uhhhh........AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

where's my happy dance icon?:wiggle:

jim
January 12th, 2011, 09:36
History in the making??

empeck
January 12th, 2011, 09:55
I wonder if there could be some future compatability with Lotus Mike's Mig-29. You could have a genuine air to air combat multiplayer gig in FSX with that :)

I'd love to see it too :) Depends how flexible TacPack SDK will be, and how difficult to implement custom, not generic version into 3rd party aircraft. I guess it would require implementing TacPack during aircraft development.

BOOM
January 12th, 2011, 10:46
THE GAME HAS CHANGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jump:
LOVE IT!!!!!!
LOVE IT!!!!!!!:jump:

Major_Spittle
January 12th, 2011, 11:41
Now we just need two Aircraft Carrier Groups about 70 miles apart in the ocean on Multiplayer. Red vs Blue.

SADT
January 12th, 2011, 12:08
I may be a bit confused here, but in phase one, will you be able to shoot down helpless AI Cessnas?

Shylock
January 12th, 2011, 12:10
Awesome job on the video Cody. Great to see this pack coming out. Would be awesome if it could interact one day with the A2A Accusim B-17 and other war birds. That would be grand recreating bombing runs in multi-player and having friends either be little friends or the enemy looking to shoot you out of the sky. Ahhhhh its so great to see FSX opening up more and more.

Kiwikat
January 12th, 2011, 12:27
Once this is out will the other upgrades start progressing?

I'm still waiting for the navigational systems and such... :wavey:

Bone
January 12th, 2011, 12:36
FSX is not dead, this sort of proves it.

Mithrin
January 12th, 2011, 13:10
Pretty awesome!

Navy Chief
January 12th, 2011, 13:42
Hmmm...next step: planning which targets to obliterate!

Almost as much fun as loading bombs on the Indy flight deck the morning we hit Grenada...

NC

delta_lima
January 12th, 2011, 14:20
... this is the first thing that came to mind (from comic Russell Peters in "You have to beat your kids")

http://static.musictoday.com/store/bands/93/product_medium/0RCT05.JPG

Anyway - this looks interesting indeed. In the list of stated munitions, I was struck by the obvious absence of "dumb" stores. In light of the fact that out of the century of aerial warfare, roughly two thirds of it has been fought with such munitions - together with the extremely strong following in the sim market for older planes, esp. WWII - it would make sense that also attending to simple iron bombs and bullets would make for prudent product development. If they can model an AGM-65E, surely the comparatively simpler physics of a Mk-82 mustn't lie beyond their reach ...

... just sayin'

dl

Francois
January 12th, 2011, 14:35
Cool! We're currently working on something similar, but for Navy boys ;-) If we can combine the capabilities we're ready for all out Navy Carrier wars :-)

CodyValkyrie
January 12th, 2011, 15:55
In the video when I dropped the JDAM, I dropped it as a dummy bomb without guidance. I am sure Jon could implement MK82s or the like very easily. I cannot speak for him or his development team however.

Cag40Navy
January 12th, 2011, 15:58
Looks great Cody! I should check the VRS site more now.

Navy Chief
January 12th, 2011, 16:25
In the video when I dropped the JDAM, I dropped it as a dummy bomb without guidance. I am sure Jon could implement MK82s or the like very easily. I cannot speak for him or his development team however.

Oh yes....and Mk-20 Rockeye too!!!

airattackimages
January 12th, 2011, 16:33
Jane's Fighter Anthology, JUSAF, JF/A-18E, Lomac, Blackshark...you can name 'em all and none have transitional phasing in their SAMs. I'll take this bad boy any way we can get it, as long as it's live, fast and LETHAL!:ernae:

:salute:
Amen... I want it now!

crashaz
January 12th, 2011, 16:50
Sure would be nice to have torpedoes too!

Heck lets shoot for skip bombing!:wiggle:

Cag40Navy
January 12th, 2011, 16:52
So much potential with this program!

crashaz
January 12th, 2011, 17:14
The potential is awesome!

FSX has always performed great with modeling systems and navigation.

Multiplayer flights with the Mighty 8th over Europe for example.

This is certainly going to start a naval arms race. LOL!

warchild
January 12th, 2011, 17:36
soooo, what am i going to need to do to set up the p-61 to work with this ??

Bone
January 12th, 2011, 18:32
Multiplayer flights with the Mighty 8th over Europe for example.

A major interest of mine. Large scale bomber formations in the ETO with B-17's. Bring it on.

CodyValkyrie
January 12th, 2011, 20:12
soooo, what am i going to need to do to set up the p-61 to work with this ??

As far as I know, the SDK when it is out.

flyer01
January 12th, 2011, 22:02
I have the VRS Superbug love the plane and with the VRS TacPac on the way too cool.:ernae:

Now, what I hope is with the new technological break thou in the TacPac that we will be able to do things like what we have in the CFS3 ETO,PTO,MAW and Korean skys Expansions.

That would bring two great forums together at SOH in CFS3 and FSX.

If we can do things like this video in ETO in FSX there would be no sim close that I know of.

flyer01:salute:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGVz4y-wedE&feature=related

icarus
January 12th, 2011, 22:05
Icarus, I don't see why it couldn't be adapted to use in WWII aircraft via the SDK once it is out.

great news cody, having bombs rocket and torpedo will be great. This update probably will extend FSX Life for another 5 years.

Daube
January 12th, 2011, 23:19
great news cody, having bombs rocket and torpedo will be great. This update probably will extend FSX Life for another 5 years.

Given the flexibility of FSX, and seeing what happened to Falcon4 back in time, I'd say 5 years is really a minimum...
...unless that TacPac stuff gets quickly adapted for MS Flight, of course...

fsafranek
January 13th, 2011, 09:26
Have a look here for precise description:
http://www.vrsimulations.com/tacpack.htm

I quote the part that is interesting for you:
I heard about this capability a while back on another project.
Would love to see a Matra Magic in the weapons mix. But a
late model Sidewinder will do in a pinch. :salute:
:ernae:

Bone
January 13th, 2011, 10:11
Would love to see a Matra Magic in the weapons mix. But a
late model Sidewinder will do in a pinch. :salute:
:ernae:

Come on, you know you really want some Photon Torpedoes. lol.

CodyValkyrie
January 14th, 2011, 14:49
Link to download high resolution video:

http://www.jaggyroadfilms.com/movies/commercial/flightsimulator/vrs_tacpac.zip

flyer01
January 14th, 2011, 18:58
Cody, I always like your videos. There is just one thing wrong with this video. it was not long enough. I joke.
I do hope you make another video soon showing more of the TackPack.

flyer01

Rockster234
January 14th, 2011, 20:00
With the Code for Falcon 4.0 .....or FalconFree out there.....

Looks like they may have found a way to mate the two....or SDK???

If so........great combination.....

Stickshaker
January 16th, 2011, 04:00
The combination of the TacPack SDK with the fidelity of FSX and planes that you don’t find in any other sim (like the Etendard) will make FSX more immortal than most of us on this forum! Where do you find the best P-51’s and Fw-190’s? Not in Il-2 or CFS3, but in FSX. Except for the guns and bombs…

CodyValkyrie
February 4th, 2011, 16:08
http://forums.vrsimulations.com/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5909

Varmint just announced that the TacPack is now available for pre-order. Things are indeed heating up.

Shark
February 4th, 2011, 16:45
Just preordered! Cody, nice AR. Are you on M4C?