PDA

View Full Version : Alphasim Harvard question

flying legend
January 10th, 2011, 04:25
I hav just installed FSX and I had ordered the Alphasim Harvard a while back. Both the FSX one and the FS9 one. I flew it a lot in FS9.

I only recently bought FSX. I installed the Harvard. The plane looads fine in FSX but the outside textures don't seem to load. Is there any fix for this problem?

Sadly Alphasim is no longer active so I don't know where to ask for help.

Greet,

F.L.

papab
January 10th, 2011, 04:29
Go here:
http://www.virtavia.com/

Send them a support ticket-These folks took over the remains of AlphaSim,some of the same folks that were at AlphaSim are with this new company....

I have both the FS9 & FSX Harvard and they work just fine-did you try to reinstall?

BTW- The B-1 they have is Kick A$#!!

scottmm73
January 10th, 2011, 06:37
I hav just installed FSX and I had ordered the Alphasim Harvard a while back. Both the FSX one and the FS9 one. I flew it a lot in FS9.

I only recently bought FSX. I installed the Harvard. The plane looads fine in FSX but the outside textures don't seem to load. Is there any fix for this problem?

Sadly Alphasim is no longer active so I don't know where to ask for help.

Greet,

F.L.

I'm not familiar with the Harvards, however, what are the system specs in relation to FSX required. Have you loaded both service packs for FSX (SP1 and SP2)? Do these aircraft require Acceleration?

flying legend
January 10th, 2011, 09:51
Hi again,

After re-intalling the harvards, the problem was still there. But after installing the A2A WWII fighters pack, I have the same problem with the zero, the P51 and the P47.

I have also installed Piglets Skyraider and the A2A WWII fighters Spit and Me109 and those work fine.

I just bought FSX together with FSX acceleration. I did not load any service pack.

My computer does have the system requirements. The only thing is that my videocard MAY be a bit old.

This is an example of what I see:

Any clues?

Greets,
F.L.

scottmm73
January 10th, 2011, 10:25
Well Acceleration loads SP1 and it's version of SP2. What are your system specs?

modelr
January 10th, 2011, 10:41
Looks like your aircraft.cfg is not pointing to the proper texture folders. Check the folder names in the cfg.

Are the proper textures showing in the preview pane? (This will show the thumbnail)

Are the texture.cfgs still in the texture folders?

Are all the textures in the folders??

flying legend
January 10th, 2011, 10:56
I found it. I have changed my graphic settings in FSX and all the aircraft show up fine.

Thanks for all the tips and help!

Time to get airborne!
F.L.