PDA

View Full Version : Rock and Roll

padburgess
January 10th, 2011, 00:39
Evening all.
I was just sitting here minding my own business, browsing the forums and a few flight sim sites and carrying out a small test flight on a new download when this little baby said hello. Talk about immersion flight simming. Is the screen supposed to shake when you don't have a stick shaker. For that matter the whole bloody house rattled. It was situated about 15km away.

Ain't we having fun.
Paul

Willy
January 10th, 2011, 11:20
That's taking realism a bit too far if you ask me.

Hope everyone is ok

padburgess
January 10th, 2011, 12:01
Thanks Willy.
Yes everyone is fine. Most Cantabrians are now seasoned quake veterans with only minor fraying of the nerves when a larger aftershock rattles through. As you can see from the second picture, we have had nearly 4000 aftershocks with 169 greater than magnitude 4. Unfortunately there are still some that are large enough, close enough and shallow enough to do damage. The Boxing day aftershock (4.9) was under the city of Christchurch and did quite a bit of additional damage.
Life goes on. We are now well on the road to normality in most cases here, unlike the poor people in Queensland Australia at present. Our hearts go out to them as they endure some of the worst flooding in recent years and unfortunately they have had fatalities.

Paul