PDA

View Full Version : My afternoon!

OBIO
January 9th, 2011, 21:15
This afternoon, Deb spent about 5 hours in the living room visiting with her sister, Dee, and her half-sister, Gwen.....who is basically a stranger to Deb and Dee. It was nice seeing them working toward a closer relationship and some sisterly bonding...they do have the same biological dad after all...even if they saw very very little of each other these 30 some years.

I got to spend my afternoon entertaining my 10 year old grand niece, great niece, what ever you call it. Deb's niece's daughter. Lexi. I haven't spent much time with Lexi lately...have only seen her twice this past year...maybe 3 times. And how did we spend our 5 hours of together time?

Playing computer games. Not games I picked out...but games she picked out. The first hour was spent playing "Wheel of Fortune" and "Deal or No Deal" on one site. Then Lexi said she knew a really fun game. This game was on Barbie.com. Yes, BARBIE.COM....as in that large breasted plastic blonde bimbo doll that has been around for 60 years or so. THAT BARBIE!

Yeah, I spent an hour...doing hair styles on a cartoon Barbie head! Me...a fairly largish, fairly burly, very hairy, somewhat smelly, slightly unsophisticated 41 year old man....sitting in my computer chair...giving Barbie curls, and dying her hair and decorating it with ribbons and bows.

On one hand, I hope that Alzhiemers Disease will erase this memory from my brain...as I never in a million billion trillion zillion years thought that I would willingly sit at a computer and play hair stylist for a cartoon girly doll....but on the other hand....I had a blast! I enjoyed getting to spend time with my grand/great/whatever niece and getting to know her better. And I really enjoyed the laughter we shared....good golly were we laughing...you should have seen some of the horrible hair styles I created.

I guess there are worse ways to spend an afternoon than side by side with a freckle faced 10-year old, making Barbie look like a trailer park beauty queen and laughing until your ribs hurt.

OBIO

Chacha
January 9th, 2011, 21:19
This afternoon, Deb spent about 5 hours in the living room visiting with her sister, Dee, and her half-sister, Gwen.....who is basically a stranger to Deb and Dee. It was nice seeing them working toward a closer relationship and some sisterly bonding...they do have the same biological dad after all...even if they saw very very little of each other these 30 some years.

I got to spend my afternoon entertaining my 10 year old grand niece, great niece, what ever you call it. Deb's niece's daughter. Lexi. I haven't spent much time with Lexi lately...have only seen her twice this past year...maybe 3 times. And how did we spend our 5 hours of together time?

Playing computer games. Not games I picked out...but games she picked out. The first hour was spent playing "Wheel of Fortune" and "Deal or No Deal" on one site. Then Lexi said she knew a really fun game. This game was on Barbie.com. Yes, BARBIE.COM....as in that large breasted plastic blonde bimbo doll that has been around for 60 years or so. THAT BARBIE!

Yeah, I spent an hour...doing hair styles on a cartoon Barbie head! Me...a fairly largish, fairly burly, very hairy, somewhat smelly, slightly unsophisticated 41 year old man....sitting in my computer chair...giving Barbie curls, and dying her hair and decorating it with ribbons and bows.

On one hand, I hope that Alzhiemers Disease will erase this memory from my brain...as I never in a million billion trillion zillion years thought that I would willingly sit at a computer and play hair stylist for a cartoon girly doll....but on the other hand....I had a blast! I enjoyed getting to spend time with my grand/great/whatever niece and getting to know her better. And I really enjoyed the laughter we shared....good golly were we laughing...you should have seen some of the horrible hair styles I created.

I guess there are worse ways to spend an afternoon than side by side with a freckle faced 10-year old, making Barbie look like a trailer park beauty queen and laughing until your ribs hurt.

OBIO

Oh Tim,

I guess You and Hannah would be a great team, Curling Barbie hair and dying them...
Thanks for the laugh!

:)

norab
January 10th, 2011, 03:16
enjoy every minute, your secret's safe with us. ! started late so my youngest is 11 and she can always put a smile on my face

Chacha
January 10th, 2011, 04:20
Now try playing Apples to Apples with Hannah...

...And she won the game....

brad kaste
January 10th, 2011, 04:42
...This is the type of afternoon she'll remember fondly many years from now. Having simple fun watching grand uncle Tim creating hair styles for Barbie.....

Willy
January 10th, 2011, 11:23
Ya could have taught her to fly ;)

rayrey10
January 10th, 2011, 13:39
Ya could have taught her to fly ;)

You know I was thinking that FS...something was going to come up somewhere in the conversation. Like "Lexi took the xxx (your favorite plane) flew the pattern and didn't "Panther" the landing", but no you played Barbie.

Just teasing you Tim! Bet it's an afternoon you both will cherish.

P.S. So what Barbie did you play with? Please tell me she was at least a Flight Attendant or something!!!!! 27819

HouseHobbit
January 10th, 2011, 15:31
A true sign of getting OLD..:icon_lol:

It has been said in some ways, we return to our Childhood.
In later years..:icon_lol:

Playing with Barbies might be a hint..:ques:

Yea, I do understand a 7 year old God-Daughter, got me doing this not too long ago..

We had a grand time of it, just hope no one got a video.:icon_eek:

Hey, I can pick Nice outfits I was told by the expert..

CADFather
January 10th, 2011, 19:15
Once a week if I'm really lucky, I get to spend an afternoon with my grandson. We usually spend our time together playing with blocks, fake ice cream cones or getting to play with his new Big Wheel. We usually cap it off by sitting on the couch next to one another, rocking back and forth and bumping our backs on the rear cushion while watching either SpongeBob or Mickey Mouse cartoons. He loves old Mickey Mouse cartoons for some reason. There ain't a thing in this world that I wouldn't do for him and I get to see him just about every week. Good job Obio, good job.

CAD

Lateral-G
January 11th, 2011, 03:22
OBIO,

You obviously don't have daughters.......

I have three. The oldest is 17 and the youngest is 4.

Oh the things I have done...........your time on Barbie.com ain't nuthin' ;)

And I wouldn't trade those times for anything.