PDA

View Full Version : Bananabob's Repaint Collection Thread

JayKae
January 9th, 2011, 13:36
Yesterday I started out loading these three up:

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1514-bananabobs-lotussim-l39-libyan-zk-wlm-n6790l-repaint-in-one-pack/

Now the idea has arisen to collect all of his free repaints, so if you guys want/can please upload what you have at www.mediafire.com (http://www.mediafire.com)

Post the link in this thread with a description and I will load it up to the OZx library for future download purposes for the community

(PS Sorry I deleted the other thread cause it was only about one particular plane, this thread is much broader)

Cag40Navy
January 9th, 2011, 13:43
yeehaw!

big-mike
January 9th, 2011, 13:50
COOL!
The same i would suggest for all Piglets aircrafts.
Michael

JayKae
January 9th, 2011, 15:16
Ok, thanks to Tim

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1515-bananabobs-lotussim-l39-zk-tcs/

falcon409
January 9th, 2011, 15:28
This sounds like a good idea, but is this sanctioned by the developers in question? Both Bob and Tim were pretty particular about where their creations were uploaded. Not saying they wouldn't give permission, but in light of past experiences, just wondering out loud. . . .would they be ok with it if they found out after the fact?

JayKae
January 9th, 2011, 15:46
That is why the disclaimer is there, I spoke to Jeansy one of Bobs personal friends and he said it was all good to go but I have tried to get in touch with Bob but no go. OZx does not make any money, it is just a service to the community and the readme only says not to upload it to pay sites. Still though, if Bob sees it and does not like it, it will take me 3 seconds to get rid of the pages and apologise profusely.

IRT Tim, he sent me the file himself he had on his drive to be put up in the library

Roger
January 9th, 2011, 15:54
It's a great idea JayKae but as Bob Rivera was most active here I'd like to see them here at SOH. Maybe we could share the repository (from past experience that would be a good idea) and offer two alternative download options?

Cag40Navy
January 9th, 2011, 16:02
No offence here but it is getting way to complicated. Lets let Jay Kae upload to OZx and well see whats happens and also see if Bob is/isnt ok with it. And if SOH wants to upload to the servers here, then lets do it here too.

JayKae
January 9th, 2011, 16:06
Hey, I dont mind where it is, as long as it is there. The only thing is of course that someone here of the staff would have to pick up on this of course.

Aviator32
January 9th, 2011, 21:26
I agree, let's collect as many as we can and keep them all at OZx which has a much better and more logical library system anyway, if they were here they'd just disappear.

OleBoy
January 9th, 2011, 21:39
As much as I'd like to have Bobs stuff myself, sounds like a debate to me. Maybe we should let the dog rest. When Bob gets back in motion, then we can inquire about storing his work. Wherever that may be.
.... As it stood when he went offline, he did have all his work removed from servers.

That's my thought

icarus
January 9th, 2011, 22:02
great repaint...as always

JayKae
January 9th, 2011, 22:19
I was not aware of this oleboy else I would not have started it. I'll forget about it for the rest then ... I don't want to step on toes ;)

Cag40Navy
January 10th, 2011, 05:15
.... As it stood when he went offline, he did have all his work removed from servers.

No offence but where did you get this info? The reason he lost it was because he had a site and it whent down which he lost all his repaints..... So you are not stepping on any toes JayKae because he lost all of his paints.

OleBoy
January 10th, 2011, 07:43
Should have started out my previous comment with, as I recall.

I remember Bob having his paints at screenshotworld. Then they changed the name of their place to http://screenart.proboards.com/index.cgi? Bobs work was (to my knowledge) exclusive there. Then it disappeared. Then someone else (can't remember who it was) gave Bob an area on their forum to post all his stuff so people could get it. Then it disappeared from there. Some of B-Bobs was at avsim and flightsim sites, but it was only a few. Also to my knowledge, Bob either approved this, and/or uploaded them himself.

The whole point. If Bob didn't approve the files being uploaded in this round-up, why should it happen just because he frequented here or knows so-and-so. All that said, once the files are uploaded somewhere, (without his OK) they're going to be downloaded. If he did in fact not want them uploaded (wherever) a simple apology may not do the trick even though he might appear to accept it. Give Bob the courtesy to answer this on his own.

Prior to this subject we always respected read-me files (If read) and followed them to the letter. I don't see any reason to treat this any differently

That's my 2cent

JayKae
January 10th, 2011, 13:24
Well the readme does not state not to upload it to sites who do not charge, it simply states not to upload it to sites who make you pay for things.

Anyway, this has been shot down, mods can you please close the thread ? Thanks :)

Roger
January 10th, 2011, 13:47
We'll have to wait for Bob to re-emerge and get his thoughts on the subject. In the meanwhile it would be good for all those members with Bob's props and paints to set them aside so that in the event of Bob's permission an archive can be rapidly assembled.
Thanks for all your interest. As Jaykae suggested I will now close the thread.