PDA

View Full Version : Another major tool added to FSRecorder

X_eidos2
January 8th, 2011, 20:30
Matthias Neusinger has released an alpha version of his newest tool with FSRecoder 2.16. The tool allows you to create renders to wmv files while playing back FSrecorder files. Instead of playing back at real time, the software tricks the flight sim into playing back the screen image one frame at a time, while the images are being rendered to a wmv file.

What does this mean? Smooth renders at pre-set frame rates. Which means you can crank up all of the sliders to the right and still end up with a smooth video, regardless of what kind of computer you are working with. Early work with the new tools has produced stunning results. All the new camera tools still work during playback while making a rendering.

Two things to be aware of - sound is not captured during the making of the rendering. The rendering tool makes FS switch to window mode during the rendering process.

The software is free, but it's not in the download section yet. The links to download the FS9 and FSX versions are located in the forum notice where Matthias talks about the "experimental video rendering" tool.

This is another major advance in the field of flight sim video making.:jump:

OleBoy
January 8th, 2011, 20:46
Here's the link to the forum http://www.fs-recorder.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=564

icarus
January 9th, 2011, 00:25
great feature

n4gix
January 9th, 2011, 10:43
...so of course one simply plays back the same recorded "flight" normally and records the sound track separately...

...then mix the video and audio together in their editing suite! :jump:

X_eidos2
January 9th, 2011, 11:35
exactly.

CodyValkyrie
January 9th, 2011, 11:41
Recording with no sound is not a biggie, at least not for me. I typically do this in my videos regardless. Very interesting to see how this works. Going to give it a try. Might save me a bit of time in the next videos.

X_eidos2
January 9th, 2011, 12:47
Here a short clip from my current project. It shows three different methods of making a flying scene. One is having a 3d model rendered in front of an animated background, using the program Carrara Pro. Two is using the new FSRecorder render tool. Three is capturing video using FRAPS.
See if you can tell which is which.

http://www.vimeo.com/18599228