PDA

View Full Version : OOo look... Egg-beater with teeth....

Motormouse
January 8th, 2011, 02:45
Following links can be interesting......author says its 'still only a beta'....not tried it yet myself...
click on picture to download

http://free.pages.at/ffurious/

ttfn

Pete

Matt Wynn
January 8th, 2011, 03:06
oh my.................. *falls flat* great find MM

Clarke123
January 8th, 2011, 04:43
Goodbye Abacus gazelle. Hello Tolga Piskin.

*Edit* It would seem they are actually the same model :redf: After the beta, which is dated 2008, he must have sold the final model to abacus.

WarHorse47
January 8th, 2011, 04:55
Nice find. I like it? :wiggle:

Curious. Tolga Piskin sounds familiar, but I can't remember where I've heard of him before.

--WH

Drzook
January 8th, 2011, 05:17
Thanks for the heads up MM. For a beta it's awful nice. I also like the fact that I can actually fly and land this bird; for me flying most FS helos is more akin to balancing a unicycle on a basketball. This one doesn't seem to be as twitchy, and I like!:ernae:

Motormouse
January 8th, 2011, 05:32
Ok, first look is that the paintwork is a little too shiney; unlike real ones eh?

I'm sure someone clever could de-shine it a bit (please?)

And...the same chap also done a proper Huey with teeth too; search the authors name over at Flightsim.com and you'll find it in the FSX section; just drop the complete Huey folder fom inside the zip's 'sim-objects' folder into your fs9 aircraft folder and.......

Taaaaa ----Daaaaaaa...just the ticket for trips upriver with the air-cav!!

ttfn

Pete

Z-claudius24
January 8th, 2011, 05:43
Hi,

That's what I call a "Master Beta" :jump::jump:
Very good sounds also.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb186/maur2/snap0816.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb186/maur2/snap0814.jpg

Motormouse
January 8th, 2011, 05:44
Goodbye Abacus gazelle. Hello Tolga Piskin.

*Edit* It would seem they are actually the same model :redf: After the beta, which is dated 2008, he must have sold the final model to abacus.

Must admit I didn't check any further :icon_eek: :redf: ; saw it was a nice model and thought I'd share..
put it down as an 'oldie but goodie' then...

ttfn

Pete

Drzook
January 8th, 2011, 05:45
Y'know every time I see a Gazelle I think of the October 1986 cover of Motor Trend Magazine 'Countach races Chopper!'--every teenage boy in this era (myself included) just ate this stuff up.
Now if someone could do a black-and-gold Gazelle....hint hint nudge nudge wink wink...

Blackbird686
January 8th, 2011, 09:29
Nice Find!!:ernae: I'm not much for helicopters but this is a good one, for a "beta". Took me some real gettin' used to, just to be able to hover. Sounds are pretty good too. Thanks for the HU.

BB686:USA-flag:

Trans_23
January 8th, 2011, 09:44
Looks nice. Thanks for posting!

falcon409
January 8th, 2011, 10:11
. . . . . .And...the same chap also done a proper Huey with teeth too; search the authors name over at Flightsim.com and you'll find it in the FSX section; just drop the complete Huey folder fom inside the zip's 'sim-objects' folder into your fs9 aircraft folder and. . . . . . .ttfn
Pete
Excellent Huey actually. The VC guages are a bit pixely, but short of replacing every one with a better looking example, there isn't much that can be done about that. The only oddity about the heli is that after startup, I continue to get the "Startup" sound whenever I change views. If I stay in the VC view it's fine for the entire flight, but switch back and forth from interior to exterior and back again and the startup sound plays over and over again. . .very annoying.

CG_1976
January 8th, 2011, 10:53
Nice find. I like it? :wiggle:

Curious. Tolga Piskin sounds familiar, but I can't remember where I've heard of him before.

--WH

You'll find his name and mark on a lot of Abacus Model's.

James
January 8th, 2011, 11:11
has anyone tested this helo in FSX? How well does it work?

Desert Rat
January 8th, 2011, 11:17
Yup, he did the Abacus one, I do like it though, but had to repaint it and de-shine it some...

Jamie

Z-claudius24
January 8th, 2011, 11:19
Hi,

I continue to get the "Startup" sound whenever I change views. If I stay in the VC view it's fine for the entire flight, but switch back and forth from interior to exterior and back again and the startup sound plays over and over again. . .very annoying. I use another HUEY sound .. and the prob was cured :)

Sounds from
Deane Baunton Bell_UH-1D_USarmy_1969

Flyboy208
January 8th, 2011, 17:22
This is a beautiful rendition of the Gazelle ... Thanks very much for the link!

Cheers! Mike :ernae:

Motormouse
January 9th, 2011, 01:38
Yup, he did the Abacus one, I do like it though, but had to repaint it and de-shine it some...

Jamie

a-ha...thats' more like it..care to share please?

Pete

Desert Rat
January 9th, 2011, 10:40
mine is the payware Abacus, can't share the model though and I'm not sure if the texs are the same. Does this version still have the transparent underside to the sight bug that the Abacus has?

here's my skin if it works, just a direct copy of the original.

blurs too,

Jamie

Z-claudius24
January 9th, 2011, 10:55
Hi,

I'm not sure if the texs are the sameVery easy to know ...
Or you download the freeware .. and test
Or you upload your textures and we test :)

Desert Rat
January 9th, 2011, 15:19
Or you upload your textures and we test :)

I did attach them above, but it seems the forum software converted them to jpg's. Converting them back would loose the Alpha channel, so have deleted them.

here's it zipped up if it works? Backup your originals and replace with these, they are not accurate as far as panel lines, just a quick and dirty copy of the existing to get a better 'look'

Jamie

Wing_Z
January 9th, 2011, 17:01
:applause:
Nice docile handler, too!

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/CHARL_photos/SOH/Gazelle.jpg

Z-claudius24
January 9th, 2011, 17:17
Hi,

Thank you .. difference noticeable :

Yours
http://i54.tinypic.com/fx6wxh.jpg