PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Skies Project

O-1Driver
January 7th, 2011, 14:45
Guys,

We are working on a series of dawn and sunset skies for the PTO. Don't laugh at my color textures as they are WIP. They will eventually end up the coral, rose and aqua tones you see on the horizon in the pacific.

The sky is of short duration and fades out as the sun either comes up or goes down. We will be going full steam on the Pacific this spring.

Talon should like these.:icon_lol:

O-127451

lewis11777
January 7th, 2011, 15:25
Hey Steve have you ever thought about trying to create Northern Lights effects maybe with a little red and green?

Murray Cod
January 7th, 2011, 16:21
I actually like the pink - good work Steve et al

HouseHobbit
January 7th, 2011, 17:18
WOW This looks GREAT..
I like it as it is..
BRAVO..
:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

gaw
January 8th, 2011, 05:18
niiiiiiiice!!!!

O-1Driver
January 8th, 2011, 05:53
Hey Steve have you ever thought about trying to create Northern Lights effects maybe with a little red and green?

If Rob can make the textures, we could possibly do it. After we get through with our current list we will take a look at it.

Steve

HouseHobbit
January 8th, 2011, 07:22
Yes please when time permits, I would Love to have a Northern Lights effect..
I have never seen this.. It would be a BIG treat..
Thanks..
Bravo to the Masters..
:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

alain95
January 9th, 2011, 23:38
Guys,

We are working on a series of dawn and sunset skies for the PTO. Don't laugh at my color textures as they are WIP. They will eventually end up the coral, rose and aqua tones you see on the horizon in the pacific.

The sky is of short duration and fades out as the sun either comes up or goes down. We will be going full steam on the Pacific this spring.

Talon should like these.:icon_lol:

O-1

Nothing can make me laugh here as enjoy the real sunshine morning effects and the special light we can apreciate soon in the morning, let's go on to push this realism in CFS3 !
:applause: :applause: :applause:

BeauBrummie
January 10th, 2011, 06:07
Does cfs3 map go far enough north of the aurora borealis? I know sometimes conditions can drive it southwards, but usually it is confined to the Artic - isn't it?

BTW Steve, your sky screenie is almost a Hobbit colour scheme lol!

HouseHobbit
January 10th, 2011, 06:42
WOW THE Colors !!!!
Yea too much Hobbit weed in the pipe..:icon_lol:

KellyB
January 10th, 2011, 07:55
Does cfs3 map go far enough north of the aurora borealis? I know sometimes conditions can drive it southwards, but usually it is confined to the Artic - isn't it?

BTW Steve, your sky screenie is almost a Hobbit colour scheme lol!

I have seen them in Maine and upstate New York, within 2 degrees of lat at about 44 to 46 deg.
Not often, mind you, but if conditions are right, they'll be seen at this latitude