PDA

View Full Version : ETO Weather facilities for Mission Building

O-1Driver
January 7th, 2011, 07:27
The ETO/PTO team will be releasing new weather facilities for mission building. The first of the series will be low fog banks. These new facilities can be placed in missions independently of any weather selected. They will come in several sizes and cloud types and can be placed directly over airfields, targets, valleys, coastlines etc. The facilities can be used as multiples to increase the coverage area.

Initial testing indicates very good FPS as no particle effects are used in the fog formations. They will also not interfere with explosions, fire smoke or particle effects within the fog banks.

This is a major break thru in MB and only the first of weather related items to be offered.

The ETO mission builders will have the final package in their hands today or tomorrow.

Best regards,
O-127425274262742727428http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/misc/pencil.png

popsaka
January 7th, 2011, 07:36
Thoe are some LUSH screenies... I half expected to see the Northern Lights!

cjcz7
January 7th, 2011, 07:39
looks great!:jump: awesome screen-shots!
is it possible to make smoke screens in the same way?

O-1Driver
January 7th, 2011, 08:23
The fog banks are invisible "vehicles" and a really neat feature is that when used as a vehicle in MB rather than a facility you can set the fog bank up to move in any direction you desire at speeds ranging from 1 to 8 mph. You will be able to place the fog offshore and have it moving towards the coast.

You will also be able to leave an airfield and find it fogged in when you return, or takeoff in fog and it will burn off and be clear when you get back.

Some of the additional items we have planned are:

1. Tropical sunrises and sunsets with aqua, coral skies.
2. Water puddles on the airfield after a rainstorm.
3. High ligted cloud formations with sun streaks and other features.

I will be calling on my old friend and partner Capt. Winters to help with the more complex textures as he has done in the past.

Best Regards
O-1

italflyer
January 7th, 2011, 08:23
WOW!

That's awsome! Will the files be aviable for download for the normal folks to?

Cheers
Italflyer

O-1Driver
January 7th, 2011, 08:24
looks great!:jump: awesome screen-shots!
is it possible to make smoke screens in the same way?

There are already several smoke screens in ETO available for MB. One really good one is the smoke drum. A smoke screen destroyer and several other items.

O-1

O-1Driver
January 7th, 2011, 08:26
WOW!
That's awsome! Will the files be aviable for download for the normal folks to?
Cheers
Italflyer

Yes, the files will all be included with the first mission pack and will include a how to read me. Their use is very, very simple, just like adding any other vehicle or facility.

O-1

cjcz7
January 7th, 2011, 08:46
wow that sounds epic!
amazing work!:jump:

HouseHobbit
January 7th, 2011, 08:59
This is too COOL..
I just "socked in" a airbase just as my fighers were to strafe it..
WOW..It works GREAT..

Changes things Greatly..:ernae:
Thanks to The Masters of the ETO/PTO team
BRAVO Guys..
:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

Off to finish these missions..
Yea already on it....:icon_lol:

Hey New toys, I Like new toys..:applause:

KellyB
January 7th, 2011, 12:54
O-1 this is great stuff.

I like the idea of moving fog banks especially. Up here in Maine, I've been stuck in them often enough, and they always seem to know which way I want to go!

O-1Driver
January 7th, 2011, 13:56
O-1 this is great stuff.

I like the idea of moving fog banks especially. Up here in Maine, I've been stuck in them often enough, and they always seem to know which way I want to go!

Thanks,

Owen has the initial package and we will see how they do in actual missions. This will be a limited proof of concept pack to see how it does in actual mission play.

The fog looks realistic when you set it up from 4 to 8 MPH but you can select speeds up to 15mph.

Best Regards,
O-1

popsaka
January 7th, 2011, 14:26
Imagine an airfield partially soaked where the aircraft raise a dangerous splash/rooster tail
when taking off and landing! Brings to memory p-39's and p-38's in the Aleutians!!:jump:

O-1Driver
January 7th, 2011, 14:51
Imagine an airfield partially soaked where the aircraft raise a dangerous splash/rooster tail
when taking off and landing! Brings to memory p-39's and p-38's in the Aleutians!!:jump:

You read my mind. The rain puddles are invisible vehicles that have very low damage thresholds but high total kill points. The concept is the same as the craters currentl in ETO but as vehicles they will display damage effects. When you run thru one it will trigger a 1% damage that results in a water spray damage effect. These are way down on the list after the Pacific skys project, remember I am only working at this part time.:icon_lol:

O-1

Murray Cod
January 7th, 2011, 16:23
incredible work - looks like there is plenty of life left in the 'old dog' yet.

well done
MS

gaw
January 8th, 2011, 05:21
nice to see O1 back on the rampage.........these are very cool!!!