PDA

View Full Version : This hurts but...well done the poms.

demorier
January 6th, 2011, 23:33
Cleaned up the ashes cricket test series today 3-1. A lot said downunder about how lousey our own blokes are, but I don't think there has been enough credit given to the poms...there pace bowlers in particular have been terrific.

Cheers poms.

lefty
January 7th, 2011, 00:11
Coming from a man up to his knees in water, crocs and snakes, that is much appreciated....

Aviator32
January 7th, 2011, 00:35
I must say I think I would have enjoyed it more if Australia had put up more of a fight. I can't get too excited about it when the end result was clear to see several weeks ago. It also annoys me that Cricket is never on terrestrial TV anymore and you have to pay to watch it when my tv licence fee is spent on things like 'Doctor Who' and 'Larks Rise to Candleford' instead!! :barf:

demorier
January 7th, 2011, 01:30
The whole thing is on free to air here...ashes series will always be on free to air in OZ, even the early hours of the morning.

We're not to bad around this area lefty with the flood stuff....getting some terrible weather but the worst of the flooding is a few hundred km's north and out western districts....it's a hell of a mess in those areas.

Aviator32
January 7th, 2011, 01:46
The whole thing is on free to air here...ashes series will always be on free to air in OZ, even the early hours of the morning.

Yes my friend in Hobart still can't believe that we have to pay to watch any Test or 20/20 Cricket on a satellite channel (owned by an Australian funnily enough). Even the highlights are hidden away on a non mainstream channel and shown at peculiar hours. I have had to listen to it all on the radio. At the moment the BBC is showing endless Darts Championships at peak time.

lefty
January 7th, 2011, 02:35
The BBC's sports coverage has gone right down the plumbing in recent years.
At the moment we are being treated to hours of - wait for it - DARTS.

It's only a matter of time before that becomes an Olympic sport, mind you......

I succumbed to Murdoch years ago, I'm afraid - were going to have to get used to it, because when the Government sells off the BBC, guess who'll be highest bidder ????

Cazzie
January 7th, 2011, 02:56
The BBC's sports coverage has gone right down the plumbing in recent years.
At the moment we are being treated to hours of - wait for it - DARTS.

It's only a matter of time before that becomes an Olympic sport, mind you......

I succumbed to Murdoch years ago, I'm afraid - were going to have to get used to it, because when the Government sells off the BBC, guess who'll be highest bidder ????

Great, then you blokes will be bombarded with your own FOX bias. :>)

Jolly good on the cricket match, but us Yanks prefer the bastardized version called baseball.

Aviator32
January 7th, 2011, 03:23
Great, then you blokes will be bombarded with your own FOX bias. :>)

Jolly good on the cricket match, but us Yanks prefer the bastardized version called baseball.

I actually prefer Baseball to Cricket which is still largely a public school activity in the UK. I didn't play it at school at all. I think Baseball can be just as exciting to watch even with all the delays and ad breaks. I don't know why the World Series isn't shown in the UK for instance - I think it would go down very well - much better than 'Football' which is shown I think. I have watched the World Series on Fox which has the same owner as the company who show the Cricket over here. Maybe we could do a swap deal?