PDA

View Full Version : Garmin GPS personnel tracking

Tboomer57
January 6th, 2011, 11:54
Most of us are familiar with Garmin GPS

GPS was the wonder tech of the early 1990's......

Garmin probably was in alot of smart weapons systems of the Gulf War. It followed the metoric rise of the tech market thru the 1990's.

From 2002 to 2010, with the technology not as important or novel, with the patent run out, and with the general recession and money supply drop, Garmin has struggled.

Patent run out allow Magellen, Tom-Tom, and others to market a cheaper variety.

Garmin is trying to stay in the game with with the introduction of its innovative Garmin GTU 10 GPS Tracking Unit and web-based Garmin Tracker.

I for one, do not want to be tracked by GPS. Thank you not.

Fortunately, the units cost $200.00 each. Which keeps the cheap crooks and crazies from using the technology. For now.

Note: I don't worryabout G-men trackin me...............its the general public/domestic or foriegn now can go into Walmart and track me.

Aviator32
January 6th, 2011, 12:02
Most of us are familiar with Garmin GPS

GPS was the wonder tech of the early 1990's......

Garmin probably was in alot of smart weapons systems of the Gulf War. It followed the metoric rise of the tech market thru the 1990's.

From 2002 to 2010, with the technology not as important or novel, with the patent run out, and with the general recession and money supply drop, Garmin has struggled.

Patent run out allow Magellen, Tom-Tom, and others to market a cheaper variety.

Garmin is trying to stay in the game with with the introduction of its innovative Garmin GTU 10 GPS Tracking Unit and web-based Garmin Tracker.

I for one, do not want to be tracked by GPS. Thank you not.

Fortunately, the units cost $200.00 each. Which keeps the cheap crooks and crazies from using the technology. For now.

I presume you have a cell phone? You are already being tracked by your own government as well as your cell phone company!

Willy
January 6th, 2011, 12:18
I only carry my cell when I'm going out without Vickie in case she needs me to pick up something or there's a problem with one of the horses and I need her help. The rest of the time, they can track me at my desk as that's where it's at.

Got a Garman GPS for Christmas to use in the truck. Fancy little thing and nothing like the FS Garmins.