PDA

View Full Version : curiosity question

kwb737
January 6th, 2011, 11:54
This is just a curiosity question but what is the purpose of the SHA_ENTERPRISE_CV-6, and the SHJ_JUNYO folders that are in the main aircraft folder? I noticed this alone time ago after my initial installation of CFS2. The Folders are empty and the model,panel,sound,texture folders inside are empty.

Devildog73
January 6th, 2011, 16:21
You need to move them to the ships folder. They improperly installed if they are add-ons.
Check to make sure you don't have an OBJECTS_DP, SCENEDB folder floating around orphaned on your HD somewhere instead of in the main CFS2 folder.

OBIO
January 6th, 2011, 16:57
There a a good number of empty folders in the stock CFS2 Aircraft folder. German planes, RAF planes, ships, some US planes. No idea why these folders are there, unless they are left overs from CFS1. I delete them all. No point keeping empty folders.

OBIO

Jagdflieger
January 6th, 2011, 17:18
The original (MS) issue of CFS 2 did not have all the extra folders in the aircraft folder. It just had the stock planes that we are all familiar with.

There was a second run of CFS 2 a while back and it was the one with all the extra empty folders in it. Do as Obio suggests and just delete them as they (as far as I know) don't do anything.

As for the ship folders, DD is correct, just move them to the Ships folder. There are several ships and subs that you can sail that do go into the Aircraft folder, but they are all add ons and are so noted in their readme files. One of my favorite sailable ship is the Nautilus by Baldy (Nemo.zip).

Shadow Wolf 07
January 6th, 2011, 17:54
This is just a curiosity question but what is the purpose of the SHA_ENTERPRISE_CV-6, and the SHJ_JUNYO folders that are in the main aircraft folder? I noticed this alone time ago after my initial installation of CFS2. The Folders are empty and the model,panel,sound,texture folders inside are empty.

You say the ship folders are empty? Check your main SHIPS folder and ensure those very ships are in there and their folders are filled. If not, you've got a problem and will have to either reinstall or open the disc and copy those ships to your SHIPS folder.

If the named ahips are in the SHIPS folder, you're okay. Just do as Obio and Jagd say and nuke the empty folders.

kwb737
January 6th, 2011, 21:42
You say the ship folders are empty? Check your main SHIPS folder and ensure those very ships are in there and their folders are filled. If not, you've got a problem and will have to either reinstall or open the disc and copy those ships to your SHIPS folder.

If the named ahips are in the SHIPS folder, you're okay. Just do as Obio and Jagd say and nuke the empty folders.
The named ships are in fact in my main ship folder so I'll just delete the empty ship folders in my aircraft folder as suggested. Thanks to all.

Dirtman
January 7th, 2011, 03:47
The stock CFS2 AIRCRAFT folder contains the more empty folders than used ones.

As installed it contains: 461 files & 510 folders. 27417

If you remove all the empty folders; it drops to: 461 files & 124 folders 27416

Deleting all the empty folders will harm NOTHING.