PDA

View Full Version : Saitek throttle quadrant acting up

roger-wilco-66
January 6th, 2011, 04:01
Hi together,

this is driving me nuts. I changed my OS to Win 7 64bit, upgraded to new hardware and installed everything new. FSX runs fine so far, but my input system has a strange error.
I have a Saitek proflight yoke with an additional, separate throttle quadrant (for multi-engine).
Now the problem is, that the second (right) throttle operates "binary", its either full power or idle, when you move it from min to max.
In the win7 calibration facility it operates normal, meaning it goes smoothly up and down its range.
So it must have something to do with FSX. I already checked the standards.xml file in
C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Contro ls for strange entries in the appropriate section, but it looks fine. Also, FSUIPC gets the same binary input, so it must be FSX which is acting up somehow. The designations in the controls section are clean, I triple checked them for multiple or colliding entries.
Maybe someone had a similar problem before, any advices maybe?

TIA,
Mark

roger-wilco-66
January 6th, 2011, 08:59
Hi,

someone pointed me in the right direction, so for the SOH search engine, here's the fix from a Saitek support guy:

---------------8< snip

To recalibrate, first unplug the quadrant.

Go to start/run and type regedit.

The registry editor will have a list of folders on the left hand side. Go down into the following folders in order.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (CURRENT_USER if on VISTA)
System
CurrentControlSet
Control
Media Properties
Private Properties
Direct Input

Inside the Direct Input folder, delete any folder that begins VID_06A3.

Once done, close the editor. Plug the quadrnat back in and move all the axes through their full range of movement 4 times.

Now go to control panel/game controllers/properties to see if everything is ok on the test screen.

---------------------8< snip

that worked for me!

Cheers,
Mark