PDA

View Full Version : Meteor "reflection"???

OldCrow
January 6th, 2011, 01:37
I did a trick I read in the knowledge base sticky thread (speculer enable)that made my aircraft more shiny or reflective. Oh My God it's amazing! I can't believe I've played this sim for who knows how long without this enabled! I kind of feel ripped off all this time, neverthess....I'm grateful for finding it now.

The problem now is all of my planes have this reflective finish except my Meteors! Not my AvHist ones or my DPC. Is there a cure to this? Is it because they have no .mos file? Is it no _s.DDS?

ndicki
January 6th, 2011, 06:13
The MOS file doesn't do reflections or specularity - that's the _s.dds and/or _r.dds. If the aircraft doesn't have one or the other, you'll get only the degree of reflection/shine built into the GMAX model. I don't know how that side of things works, but apparently there are ways to tweak it.

OldCrow
January 6th, 2011, 10:06
The MOS file doesn't do reflections or specularity - that's the _s.dds and/or _r.dds. If the aircraft doesn't have one or the other, you'll get only the degree of reflection/shine built into the GMAX model. I don't know how that side of things works, but apparently there are ways to tweak it.
I see...I made some _s.DDS and _r.DDS files but that did nothing. I hope someone knows a way to fix it. The Meteor was one of my favorite and most important add-on planes and now it looks bland compared to the others in my campaign.

ndicki
January 6th, 2011, 10:43
No, it won't. They're fixed in the GMAX model - if the model doesn't call for them, they won't work. Short of getting Johnno to rework the source file, that's it, I'm afraid.

TDS-TAZ
January 6th, 2011, 12:06
those Files have to built in the model in Gmax sorry but if they are not compiled in the model they won't show up in the game. Think us designers will have to include them in the models for now on so if someone wants to use them "just a thought"

Taz

popsaka
January 6th, 2011, 13:30
Can you post some screenies? I've always thought that Johnno's photo real aluminum on his Meteor was the best I'd ever seen....
I used to run with specular enabled but tweeking it constantly to reduce the shine became tedious.

You will need a hex editor to adjust the shine in your M3d file. There used to be an article on this ...I'll see if I can't run it down.:salute:

alain95
January 6th, 2011, 23:16
Can you post some screenies? I've always thought that Johnno's photo real aluminum on his Meteor was the best I'd ever seen....
I used to run with specular enabled but tweeking it constantly to reduce the shine became tedious.

You will need a hex editor to adjust the shine in your M3d file. There used to be an article on this ...I'll see if I can't run it down.:salute:

Hello fellows,

I will be very interest if there is a way to make this possible !
Looking at the next replies for this thread