PDA

View Full Version : Another sign of the times

srgalahad
November 29th, 2008, 07:14
Here I am, over Thanksgiving weekend, sitting in a beach resort in Mexico with a Robert Trent Jones golf course, a bunch of condos and a 20-room boutique hotel... coupons for 3 free diners, 3 free breakfasts at the very good restaurant, 2 free rounds of golf each

... and we are the ONLY two people in the hotel, other than the staff.

We estimate there may be another 40 or 50 people staying in the condos but there's almost a feeling of being on a deserted island.

The peace and quiet is nice but I wonder how bad it's going to be for the tourism industry (and real estate sales) for the next year or so.

Ok.. time to go have breakfast in our "private dining room"

Rob

Daveroo
November 29th, 2008, 08:41
Here I am, over Thanksgiving weekend, sitting in a beach resort in Mexico with a Robert Trent Jones golf course, a bunch of condos and a 20-room boutique hotel... coupons for 3 free diners, 3 free breakfasts at the very good restaurant, 2 free rounds of golf each

... and we are the ONLY two people in the hotel, other than the staff.

We estimate there may be another 40 or 50 people staying in the condos but there's almost a feeling of being on a deserted island.

The peace and quiet is nice but I wonder how bad it's going to be for the tourism industry (and real estate sales) for the next year or so.

Ok.. time to go have breakfast in our "private dining room"

Rob
well heck you can run around nekked then