PDA

View Full Version : 02 final step

pow64
January 5th, 2011, 01:34
Hi i have just got back into cfs3 eto again over the xmas period would like to take the sim even further. Braced myself for the 1.4 update unfortunatley my computer cant read 02 final step document.Any help would be appreciated

grizzly50
January 5th, 2011, 03:09
Hi i have just got back into cfs3 eto again over the xmas period would like to take the sim even further. Braced myself for the 1.4 update unfortunatley my computer cant read 02 final step document.Any help would be appreciated

:kilroy:Pow64, does this help?

Final Step for completing ETO NEK set update.

With the modification of the ETO NEK set it is very important that you follow the steps outlined below.

Change your views to show invisible files and folders (some files and folders are hidden by default in Windows):

With a window open, pull down the "Tools" menu and select the "Folder Options..." item;

When the Folder Options window opens, select the "View" panel, then select the "Show hidden files and folder" radio button and clear the check mark beside "Hide extensions for known file types" one line below.

Depending on which version of Windows you use, locate the working copy of the "unlimitedpilots.xml" file and delete it. Follow the path for your version of Windows:

Win98/Me Users ~

C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\CFS3 ETO Expansion_________\
Win2000/XP Users ~

C:\Documents and Settings\XXX\Application Data\Microsoft\CFS3 ETO Expansion_________\
Vista~

C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\CFS3 ETO Expansion_________
(where XXX = your user name).

After you delete the "unlimitedpilots.xml" file from the directory above, CFS3 will automatically generate a new one the next time you start the game and your new pilots will appear.
This step allows for the inclusion of US navy country designation to be completed. In your aircraft and pilots list you will now see US navy as an option. Switzerland has been removed to make room for the US navy option.

You may also wish to restore your default views. If so, follow the steps in item 1 but click the "Restore Defaults" button on the View panel of the Folder Options window.

For further information on how the NEK set works please see the NEK information.htm file located here:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO Expansion\NEK\NEK Information.htm
This modified NEK set has been authorized by the original owners and is greatly appreciated by the ETO team. Thanks Rick.

:d

pow64
January 5th, 2011, 04:51
Thank you very much grizzly50 everything up and running:salute: