PDA

View Full Version : I wish I had super powers!

OBIO
January 4th, 2011, 22:13
Just a bit ago, I had the dogs out for a potty. A car came down the road kind of slowly, stopped up where the mail boxes are. I heard four WHACKS as someone in the car used a pipe or some such to smash the mail boxes. I called the Sheriff and they sent a cruiser out pretty quick like, came up the full length of the road and saw no one out and about. The scum bags who destroyed the mail boxes will most likely not get caught and will spend weeks on World of Warcraft or some other piddling game bragging about what hard butts they are.

Well, I wish I had super powers....not a lot....just enough that I could have chased down that car and used my laser vision to vaporize those idiots. Then just enough more to be able to tell who their parents are so I could go and slap them around for giving birth to their dumb butt kids.

OBIO

hey_moe
January 4th, 2011, 23:41
You can get them powers for a few dollars. Buy a 380, order a silencer on line. Next time around shoot his tires out....whats he gonna do call the police too and say someone shot his tires out while he was destroying federal property....lol.

Terry
January 5th, 2011, 02:21
Using a pistol will get you in trouble, not the bad guys. How about getting one of those bracelets I see advertised on TV. The bad guys probably won't have them, that way you can stand up and they will fall down so you can kick their butts.

norab
January 5th, 2011, 03:13
Do what one of my neighbors did after too much mailbox baseball. Sank a 4 foot cube of concrete in the ground with a 4 inch diameter piece of schedule 40 pipe in it and welded up a mailbox out of 1/4" steel plate and welded onto the pipe. He's found plenty of bat splinters around it and one morning even a jeep bumper complete with licence plate attached to a chain around the post

Quixoticish
January 5th, 2011, 04:44
The scum bags who destroyed the mail boxes will most likely not get caught and will spend weeks on World of Warcraft or some other piddling game bragging about what hard butts they are.

OBIO

They also might go home and play FSX or some other piddling game like that, you never know. ;)

Cazzie
January 5th, 2011, 06:23
Trust me on this one, these creeps play no computer games, they're more often than not, 99 and 44/100 % redneck teenagers, regardless of the section of the nation they are from. This is a common young redneck problem in my neck of the woods. get a little soused, grab a bat, and destroy public property. They got my box two years ago and wrote "F*** the Police" in front of my house. I told Sheriff Mike Taylor, if they had written "F*** the Government", I would have put it in parentheses and squared it! :icon_lol:

There's really not much you can do Tim, most often happens in the early morning when you are abed.

Caz

Trans_23
January 5th, 2011, 07:22
We had some punks drive through our area a few years ago with a stolen car taking out mailboxes. They also decided it would be fun to drive through some of the cornfields around here. It was July so the corn was pretty tall. They finally bogged the car down in one of the fields and abandoned it.

Willy
January 5th, 2011, 07:33
Around here, it's the city refuse trucks heading for the dump with tree limbs and stuff hanging all over the sides that get my mailbox. The city of Dyer has had to replace it a couple of times and now they've got it loose on the post again.

Wing_Z
January 5th, 2011, 10:45
Anywhere there's young testosterone and spare time, some bright spark will "invent" a new game involving perhaps a car and a baseball bat.
We're rural and the mailboxes are stuck out in the road for the postie to find - tempting target.
Anyone with a wooden box has long ago learned that the only survivors are the rubbery plastic type.

After the last crop of whackings, mine came off its mount.
It got lightly glued back onto the post baseplate.
If removed, it pulls a pin from the 140dB personal alarm inside it.
I accidentally triggered it when installing, and my right ear still rings, a year later.

Word must've got out, as it hasn't been tested in anger yet.