PDA

View Full Version : Horten Ho-IX (erroneously called Gotha229)

icarus
January 4th, 2011, 01:50
Dear flightsimmers, while continuing work in progress on our last future release, today i had a fligth with another one, the allwing Horten HO-IX, here some screenshots, this probably our only future jet. As always is fsx native sdk and very frame friendly

http://www.icarusgold.com/images/GOTHA1BETA.jpg

http://www.icarusgold.com/images/GOTHA2BETA.jpg

http://www.icarusgold.com/images/GOTHA3BETA.jpg

http://www.icarusgold.com/images/GOTHA4BETA.jpg

it is only a very first beta

jeansy
January 4th, 2011, 02:15
ohhh another nice one, thanks

noddy
January 4th, 2011, 03:12
Great looking jet, and great looking model.

warchild
January 4th, 2011, 09:19
icarus..
I saw that plane on your banner and started drooling incessantly. That was several months ago.. i bought the other version that was out there, and found a third version as well.. But this is the plane that i've wanted for so long ( besides the P-61 that is ).. Cant tell you how happy i am to wake up this morning and see your version here and learn its being developed.. I've been over your site a hundred times thinking that maybe i just missed it or something..
Let me know if you would like a beta tester for it.. i'd be real happy o put her through her paces..
Pam

icarus
January 4th, 2011, 14:04
after grumman duck it will be the next release out end of february.

padburgess
January 5th, 2011, 01:16
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have longed for a good rendition of this gorgeous plane ever since I started using FSX.
Looking forward to her release. As you can see I use her as my FSX splash screen. Picture courtesy of Marek Rys from Luft 46 website.

Regards
Paul

PS. Any projected date on the Henschel 129?

icarus
January 5th, 2011, 01:43
that's fun i have sames screen but as desktop screen on my older one of three computer a p4 2.8 ghz

padburgess
January 5th, 2011, 23:28
Icarus

I will wait patiently for the Horton HoIX. In the mean time and in response to a comment made by you the other day regarding what to build or research next, any chance you would be interested in either of these?

Neither is done as a native for FSX.

Regards
Paul

icarus
January 6th, 2011, 03:31
there are many i would like build as the dornier do 24, the dornier do 335 and more but time is limited we have many models on the way, hope it will be possible one day, personally i like the do24 and also do335 and dornier X

peter12213
January 8th, 2011, 16:05
Is your Henschel HS 129 still going to be released it's one of my favourite axis ground attack aircraft, just love that big gun!

Warrant
January 8th, 2011, 16:34
What differences will there be with the SkyUnlimited GO-229, besides the correct naming (though i must admit the Icarus one looks marvellous)?

icarus
January 8th, 2011, 18:40
thanks warrant and it's still a beta so it will be emproved more with the usual 10-15 skins

Henschel HS 129 yes it will be released too, now the list is grumman duck(flight model is ok needs only final check and a little scenery to take off land-but i am fast, horten, fiesler 156, henschel 129, i was counting the model we have and i wrote in past errouneosly were 11...they are 13 included last arado 234 that my other friend is finishing, he maked the horten and he told me tha the arado will be marvelous too...and thinking that he builded the horten 18 months ago i can imagine how will be the arado.

And we have also a p38 to finish but it will take much time we want made something special with this model.

If the Horten will have a good result is possible we build also another luftwaffe futuristic model as the ta-183 or another one

investigating also on new jet model same Horten's period...i know only about gloster meteor.

peter12213
January 9th, 2011, 02:13
That sounds great, there were a few jets, like you said the meteor was the only British one, but the Germans had the horden, the me262, the Arado Blitz both 2 and 4 engines, the volksjager which looks as modern now as it ever did, also the Me163 Komet which was rocket powered and also very futuristic looking, they really were miles ahead!

icarus
January 9th, 2011, 02:17
arado 234 four engines same horten's modeller going to send me the final version soon

icarus
January 11th, 2011, 03:40
and after gotha why not this one?

http://www.fiddlersgreen.net/aircraft/Northrop-XB35/IMAGES/Northrop-XB35-Flying-Wing-Bomber-Rear.jpg

Cag40Navy
January 11th, 2011, 03:49
I wouldnt mind seeing it and the jet variant too but maybe were getting to much on are plates here? Just sayin.... Maybe we should focus on what is at hand right now and from what i see and know, it is the Duck on the Gotha 229..... I dont mean to offend here, i am just saying what i am feeling in terms of getting way to many projects going or promises.

icarus
January 11th, 2011, 07:27
i am not seeing so much interest on release...there are actually only three people talking about grumman duck so i talk also about other aircraft. Also there are some problems with few store that after two weeks still not having published the previous model..so....i am focused on all...just making things with time needed.
and i m not offended we can talk freely.

Warrant
January 11th, 2011, 09:46
Wonder if you can up a few more images and perhaps a movie of the upcoming Horten.

Have you seen this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULA6-or9AWs&feature=related

peter12213
January 11th, 2011, 13:10
I'm just really glad that a company like Icarus is making these great models, perhaps in the future, you can even think about making some ww2 Russian aircraft like the Pe2, il2 or even a yak7? I'm looking forward to all your new releases as I have all your current ones and really enjoy flying them!

Barfly
January 11th, 2011, 13:34
Well, count one interested in any version of the Arado 234!

jetstreamsky
January 11th, 2011, 15:22
That sounds great, there were a few jets, like you said the meteor was the only British one, ..................

Not the only British one, first there's the

Gloster Whittle http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gloster_E.28/39

and of course the DH Vampire http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Vampire
which was designed and built during the war, but just too late for combat duty

Roadburner440
January 11th, 2011, 16:44
Thanks for your attention on this bird Icarus. For some reason the German flying machines always find their way into my hangar as I find them fascinating, and true technological achievements of their day. The Horten flying wing is at the top of my list.. You ever consider doing the glider variants that preceded the 229?

peter12213
January 11th, 2011, 19:26
Have you tried the freeware Horden Glider Steve it's at flightsim.com and simviation I think, it's a superb model and VC, I'd post a link for it but I'm only on my iPhone at the moment I'll PM you the link if you like?

icarus
January 11th, 2011, 19:32
thanks for the link warrant, seeing the video seems i catch the spirit how it flew i have to about horten i have to adjust only the jet effect then i can made a video

about the soviet models the only problem is that with russian gauges houston we have a problem

about glider variant is difficult, what glider you talk about specifically? now i am more focused on xb-35 or an usa copter the hup2
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cd/HUP-1_HU-2_CV-41_early50s.jpg

the Gloster E.28/39 is interesting i forget about that one.

when grumman is out i can be more concentrated with the Horten IX (g.229) and there will be more skins photos effects and videos.

Roadburner440
January 12th, 2011, 14:42
Wasn't making a request for the gliders per say, was just wondering if you had any in work was all. I know that is how the aircraft started reading about the brothers and their ventures in aviation. The 229 by itself is fine, was just something that sparked my interest as a back thought since you are doing the Stuka and all as well. The XB-35 or one of the helicopters works for me. All the weird aircraft (to most anyway) are game in my book. Thanks all for the suggestions though. I will poke around and do more research and see what is out there.

icarus
January 12th, 2011, 21:47
no actually we haven't any glider on progress, we have to start the stukas as the arado 234 is 100% ready and then i have to choice between xb-35 or the copter, there is also possibilities we will start some italians fighters, i am on contact with some people about it. Bytheway we are now focused more on Usaf and Raf models (because we are realeasing 4 german models).
Hope start the final works before end of genuary about Horthen, just running as fast as i can with grumman duck.
I will start also a german airfield with some static aircrafts and more with Horten pack
I will more than happy to hear about new models and suggestion, i like also the research part about a new model because learning many new things about history and others not aviation related fields.

Roadburner440
January 13th, 2011, 14:34
Yeah. I only ever discovered the 229 while looking into Nazi history.. It started out with a fascination over their ships, and then I wandered over into reading about their aviation. Years later after reading about all of the research, experiments, and firsts they did in a number of areas is intriguing. Look forward to seeing what the future brings from you.

icarus
January 13th, 2011, 22:45
i like also the me163 and he162

icarus
January 14th, 2011, 04:08
phone call with another friend it will start me163, grumman duck is on the final test

Mach3DS
October 24th, 2016, 15:08
...did anything ever come of this project? If not, does anyone know the authors? Perhaps the community could take it over if they are not going to finish it?

TuFun
October 24th, 2016, 15:18
Very cool jet! Reminds me of this one...

http://www.military-meshes.com/forum/showthread.php?7313-Ho-229/page8

wombat666
October 24th, 2016, 21:45
...did anything ever come of this project? If not, does anyone know the authors? Perhaps the community could take it over if they are not going to finish it?

Given the history between 'Icarus' and SOH that is highly unlikely.
:a1089:

Willy
October 25th, 2016, 04:12
Given the history between 'Icarus' and SOH that is highly unlikely.
:a1089:

That's a bit of an understatement.

Mach3DS
October 25th, 2016, 04:21
Oh? I see. That is very unfortunate. This project looked very complete and very much in my interests! Too bad it never was released. It looked visually high quality!

Stickshaker
October 25th, 2016, 11:16
Unfortunate indeed! I would buy an up-to-date Ho-IX as payware.<o:p></o:p>

Mach3DS
October 25th, 2016, 11:22
Same here!

Unfortunate indeed! I would buy an up-to-date Ho-IX as payware.<o:p></o:p>

Ferry_vO
October 25th, 2016, 11:41
Unfortunate indeed! I would buy an up-to-date Ho-IX as payware.<o:p></o>

The Sky Unlimited model is still quite good IMHO.

Stickshaker
October 26th, 2016, 13:14
It is, Ferry, but to my taste the VC is a bit crude and I wonder whether the flight model is quite correct. Of course I have no idea how the real plane flew, but for example directional control seems quite limited, although the Ho.IX had as far as I know, quite effective spoilers.<o:p></o:p>