PDA

View Full Version : Lady police officer killed

tonybones2112
January 2nd, 2011, 02:33
This happened 5 miles from me. Point blank with a shotgun. Contrary to 'net rumors already circulating the shooter was not executed, he was given a thousand chances to come out.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110102/ap_on_re_us/us_two_officers_shot;_ylt=Ah.QVB_umk87Hb28hBBRT2qG Wo14;_ylu=X3oDMTNuaWExc2xlBGFzc2V0Ay9zL2FwLzIwMTEw MTAyL2FwX29uX3JlX3VzL3VzX3R3b19vZmZpY2Vyc19zaG90BG Njb2RlA21wX2VjXzhfMTAEY3BvcwM0BHBvcwM0BHNlYwN5bl90 b3Bfc3RvcmllcwRzbGsDZGVwdXR5c3VzcGVj

Bones

stansdds
January 2nd, 2011, 03:31
I heard about this last night. Not a good way to start a new year, that's for certain. It's very sad, don't know what set this guy off, but the article indicates the police exercised an incredible amount of control. They tried to get this guy to surrender 25 times. I know would not have been so generous.

Crusader
January 2nd, 2011, 04:45
There was a small video clip this morning on the news . After the shooter refused to come out and shot at the officers they unleashed a barrage of return fire that was totally convincing . One particular officer had one of the newer assault rifles(model?). My condolences to the family of the fallen deputy . IMO this scumbag got exactly what he deserved . Now we don't have to drag this piece of crap through the legal system . A very sad story indeed .

Rich

txnetcop
January 2nd, 2011, 06:35
I can imagine what those officers were going through unable to get to this downed officer. Rest In Peace Officer Suzanne Hopper

hey_moe
January 2nd, 2011, 08:26
In the last 20 years or so the respect for any law enforcement officer has go to chet. I really feel sorry to the officer that gave her life at that scene. Totally useless and unfair.

TARPSBird
January 2nd, 2011, 08:47
In most countries on the face of this earth, if you kill a police officer, the odds of you being extensively shot before being apprehended are darn near 100%. Shoot a cop in the Philippines or South Korea or Russia and see what happens, guaranteed you're not gonna die of old age. Whatever the circumstances of this guy's death, he got what was coming to him. :mad:
RIP Officer Hopper.

casey jones
January 2nd, 2011, 08:48
Now some of the liberal organizations will sue the police for brutality.

Cheers

Casey

brad kaste
January 2nd, 2011, 09:39
Yeah,...sad here in Chicago. Six police officers killed this past year while on duty or off. Doesn't make sense. Today's urban perps have no respect for anyone,...let alone a person who's there to serve and protect.

n4gix
January 2nd, 2011, 09:47
I have to shake my head in wonder at the unbelievably stupid, inane and totally useless comments that some folks post in response to a real tragedy...

...it almost makes me wonder if these individuals are even members of the human species!

Daveroo
January 2nd, 2011, 10:08
Deputy Suzanne Hopper rest in piece,,,,,,,

Cazzie
January 2nd, 2011, 12:01
There was a small video clip this morning on the news . After the shooter refused to come out and shot at the officers they unleashed a barrage of return fire that was totally convincing . One particular officer had one of the newer assault rifles(model?). My condolences to the family of the fallen deputy . IMO this scumbag got exactly what he deserved . Now we don't have to drag this piece of crap through the legal system . A very sad story indeed .

Rich

My feelings exactly and we won't have to waste taxpayers money feeding and housing the creep before and after his trial.

Caz

Moses03
January 2nd, 2011, 12:08
I have to shake my head in wonder at the unbelievably stupid, inane and totally useless comments that some folks post in response to a real tragedy...

...it almost makes me wonder if these individuals are even members of the human species!

I wonder the same thing. I wish Yahoo would disable the comment sections on their news stories.

tonybones2112
January 3rd, 2011, 13:44
Friends, an update: This nut shot at police in Morgan County Ohio, he was found not guily by reason of "insanity" and sent to a lockup for 6 months and tuned loose. Saturday he found dog feces in front of his trailer and fired a shotgun into the trailer of the person he believed owned the dog. They called the sheriff, she and an enon Ohio officer responded, the rest is history.

Bones

CP1207
January 3rd, 2011, 14:20
RIP Deputy.:salute:
Would not wish a law enforcement career on my worst enemy today.
-got out in '91.

Wittpilot
January 4th, 2011, 16:20
This happened 5 miles from me. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110102/ap_on_re_us/us_two_officers_shot;_ylt=Ah.QVB_umk87Hb28hBBRT2qG Wo14;_ylu=X3oDMTNuaWExc2xlBGFzc2V0Ay9zL2FwLzIwMTEw MTAyL2FwX29uX3JlX3VzL3VzX3R3b19vZmZpY2Vyc19zaG90BG Njb2RlA21wX2VjXzhfMTAEY3BvcwM0BHBvcwM0BHNlYwN5bl90 b3Bfc3RvcmllcwRzbGsDZGVwdXR5c3VzcGVj

Bones

Hey, I think I'm about that far away as well... Didn't think there was anybody that close to me on here!

Sad to see... It is unfortunate that our court system , in its current form, cannot continue... They say it is "overcrowded" and I believe thats why criminals like him are allowed to be back on the street.... Makes you really wonder if he was actually "mentally unfit to stand trial" or "we're too overbooked!"

-witt