PDA

View Full Version : MARIANNAS PROBLEM

Fibber
December 31st, 2010, 18:59
Hi guys, in relation to my aforementioned Corsair spin I was taking off from MN_MI_Guam_NW field when I noticed something wierd. Off my port wing the field seems to float like a cloud over a cliff and support buildings are on a lower plateau and some buildings are on the sides of a cliff. Something appears to be wrong with a mesh but everything has been put in step by step with the two updates done last. Maybe my install sequence is wrong, what is the sequence where the updates go?
BTW All are activated from the scenery library.

simonu
December 31st, 2010, 19:10
Pictures paint a thousand words Fibber, can you post a screen shot?

Fibber
December 31st, 2010, 22:30
I was afraid of that!:icon_lol: I will try to master it when the bottle(s) of Bougelais wear off tomorrow:icon_lol:

Fibber
January 1st, 2011, 12:19
Here are the pictures that you asked for last night. Hope they come through right. Anyway it appears that the runways are suspended in thin air over a cliff. Must be missing something to raise the land level or it was one heck of a sink-hole that appeared:icon_lol:

Jean Bomber
January 1st, 2011, 12:30
Hi all
...and Happy new year
That seems to be an old (coast) flatten set that alters the mesh perhaps it's already installed in the scenedb and need to be disactived ...??

JP

Fibber
January 1st, 2011, 12:35
That is what I think, that a flattener is in there somewhere, but I am at a loss at to what it is to look for. It must have been something that I overlooked to deactivate but I am like Inspector Closseau, at a complete loss and bumbling along and may make it worst.

simonu
January 1st, 2011, 14:42
OK Inspector Closseau put away that minky, lets us go for coastal flattens.

Ettico did a pack for the pacific

the readme says put them in the main scenery folder.
fortunatly I did not do this so I can identify the files

there are 91 bgl files

the first is
476112A16N.bgl

the last is
512116A16N.bgl

do you have any files in your install with those exact names. (only answer this question do not start deleting)

Most generated flattens have the A16N in their name, but they don't HAVE to. Hand written flattens could be called anything.

You may have conflicting versions of Maskrider scenery.
He has been very clear about what works with what. If you read the readme...

Fibber
January 1st, 2011, 17:44
Liked that Inspector bit, eh?:icon_lol: ( No I am not Canadian!) 1. I don't remember putting in Etticos' falttens but (2) Yes I do have those numbered flattens in my Scenery folder. (3) Whenever I do the MR's scenery setups' I print and follow them to the letter.
Now that we know those __A16N files are there, what's next?

simonu
January 1st, 2011, 19:18
move them and their 89 companions to their own folder

open the scenery folder, on the tool bar at the top select view list.

In the list find
476112A16N.bgl

click it to highlight the file
scroll down the list till you find

512116A16N.bgl

press and hold shift while clicking on it

you should now have the two files selected all the files between.

are they all ******A16N.bgl ?

if not press Ctrl and click those which are not to deselect them

You should have 91 files selected. Right click, select cut.
right click empty space some place* to create a new folder, open it , now paste those 91 ??????A16N.bgl s into the new folder.

*(vista and win7 use desktop else just make the new folder inside the scenery folder to start with)

Delete the filelist.dat from the scenery folder.

Move the newly created folder to scenedb
create another new folder in there, name it PacFlattens. put the folder containing the offenders into that. follow it in and rename it scenery.

Now you can start the sim, start a free flight from the base, see any change?

Now you may find some other place in the sim were you see an ugly hill of water, if you do you can just use the scenery library to reactivate the flattens.

Fibber
January 1st, 2011, 21:47
Simonu;
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!:salute::wavey: They were the problem! I keep notes of what I put where but I guess I FUBARed on those. Never remember putting them in, or failure to take out whichever the case may be. But they are out and everything looks great, Thanks again, I am now :icon_lol:!