PDA

View Full Version : 1950's style airports for FSX?

TeiscoDelRay
December 31st, 2010, 08:59
Looking for good old 50's airports with older style hangars and buildings. Interested in locations of some that already are in the sim and others that are freeware or payware.

n4gix
December 31st, 2010, 09:12
http://www.calclassic.com/

calypsos
December 31st, 2010, 13:30
Why not make your own? A copy of Instant Scenery from Flight One and a few freeware progs you can make new airports or update default ones.....and then share with other users!

delta_lima
December 31st, 2010, 13:33
I started a similar thread here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=41110&highlight=calclassic

Calclassics says their stuff doesn't work, but I've been getting a few airfields to work. They released a dedicated FSX scenery for Key West.

Like others have said, it'll be a mix of experimenting with the FS9 addons and creating some more.

dl

TeiscoDelRay
December 31st, 2010, 15:03
Thanks, I tried the Miami and Key West and they both seem to work, please let me know of any other Cal Classic that works,

delta_lima
December 31st, 2010, 17:58
Actually, the point of my thread was to harvest the collective brain trust. Try a few, and then let us all know how they work out ... :)

dl

delta_lima
January 3rd, 2011, 16:45
Just checked and Heathrow (from Calclassics) works fine, but Glasgow Renfrew has issues. Pity, because the latter is such a nice airport in FS9.

With Glasgow, I keep getting an error about being next to something that will cause me to crash. Then I CTD ... bummer.

Will try a few more over the next few days.

dl

TeiscoDelRay
January 4th, 2011, 07:31
I tried honlolu but could not get it to work correctly. Miami and key west look great though.

delta_lima
January 4th, 2011, 22:01
Thanks. I'm working through the ones in Europe, Asia, and Africa. Sounds like you're working through the US - this will be a big help.

cheers,

dl

delta_lima
January 5th, 2011, 15:28
Liverpool has weird landclass issues - no go.

Lisbon has weird non-textured vertical objects - looks like a no go.

dl

warchild
January 5th, 2011, 15:36
Ford island has some weird autogen problems at the end of the runway, but otherwise works fine..