PDA

View Full Version : Coming Soon: From the SOH P-61 project........

warchild
December 31st, 2010, 04:16
I am very pleased to announce that in the very near future, the SOH P-61 project will be releasing a limited pre-beta version of the Northrop P-61C Black Widow for your assessment and enjoyment.. This "teaser" version is freeware. As such, it will only contain one livery ( Moonlight Serenade ). Also it is incomplete, lacking many exterior and interior details. however, there is plenty there to fly it with. it contains a working VC Panel, and nearly complete ( read untested ) Flight model by yours truly. Missing from the exterior are the supercharger and intercooler radiator vents. Texture mapping is not complete at this time either. This will be the ONLY P-61C released for some time by us, and the only freeware P-61 that will be released by us at all. All following models and versions will be donationware with 100% of the funds raised by sales going to support sim outhouse. I encourage you all to take advantage of this opportunity. Its a 450 mph 32000 pound beast thats guaranteed to get your blood flowing, while keeping you 100% in control.. Due to the nature of this release, there will be no manual. We will however include quick help files for those that need them.
Stay tuned and get ready for a lot of fun...
Pam

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k171/urushira/2010-12-31_3-3-43-493.jpg

stansdds
December 31st, 2010, 06:42
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

hey_moe
December 31st, 2010, 07:01
Both my doors are open to my hanger...waitin on you:jump:

Sundog
December 31st, 2010, 08:27
Awesome! I didn't know you guys were doing a P-61C, I thought just the P-61B. Good news indeed. :)

N2056
December 31st, 2010, 08:57
To clarify the models...it's a "B" version using a flight model for a "C" version. The final Donationware version will be a "B". I am not certain I will do a "C" version model yet. It would require moving a bunch of things around in the VC to make it correct. The plan is to have this free version out by the end of January. :salute:

Milton Shupe
December 31st, 2010, 08:58
Excelenté :jump:

Sundog
December 31st, 2010, 09:29
To clarify the models...it's a "B" version using a flight model for a "C" version. The final Donationware version will be a "B". I am not certain I will do a "C" version model yet. It would require moving a bunch of things around in the VC to make it correct. The plan is to have this free version out by the end of January. :salute:

OK, thanks, I was wondering, because there are plenty of external differences as well, including the air brakes. But if you do decide to make a P-61C, I think you'll have to consider making an F-15A Reporter, further down the road. Way further, but somewhere down there. ;)

Daveroo
December 31st, 2010, 09:37
i have kind of a irritating question...........sorry if it is...any idea of what the "donationware" price will be yet?.....need to set some cash aside....

N2056
December 31st, 2010, 09:57
That's going to be up to the SOH Staff to determine, and I doubt they will do so until they see the finished product.

stansdds
December 31st, 2010, 10:38
Both my doors are open to my hanger...waitin on you:jump:
Moe! Not in public! LOL!!!!

warchild
December 31st, 2010, 10:50
OK, thanks, I was wondering, because there are plenty of external differences as well, including the air brakes. But if you do decide to make a P-61C, I think you'll have to consider making an F-15A Reporter, further down the road. Way further, but somewhere down there. ;)

heh.. thats what i get for posting things at god awful early in he morning.. I forgot about the brakes.. yes, i'm hoping to do a full C version and an F-15A at some point.. I'll probably do the F-15 first myself, as I used to do 3D work and got away from it, and the F-15 will require pretty much a complete new model whereas the externals for the P-61C can be adjusted from the existing model. The C model cockpit however is like Robert said, completely different. Its the cockpits that are going to give me the steepest learning curve, but stay tuned.. you guys know me well enoigh to know that if i say i'm going to do something, i pretty much do it.. :)
Pam

roger-wilco-66
January 1st, 2011, 04:53
wooohaa :ernae: !

Great news!

Cheers,
Mark