PDA

View Full Version : having a new product on flightsim store seems difficult

icarus
December 30th, 2010, 16:08
seems becoming really complicated having a new product on other flightsim store...three days i am sending email about new products and on six only two answered one for a problem another one because it's holidays and the other four no answers result no publishing....so perhaps if someone want the new grumman duck can come at my home to take personally because it's faster? lol ...if i have to do same odissey for all 11 new aircraft i think i will leave this hobby/job

also i had my dsl broken for 22 hour today and the alternative sd card to connect disappeared misteriously from the key...luckily this year has gone

or it is time to sell only on my store?

its really boring. happy new year to all personally i never had a bad year as 2010..the next couldn't be that better

Prowler1111
December 30th, 2010, 16:27
..or we can talk...
Prowler

Roger
December 30th, 2010, 17:31
Glad to hear it's ready icarus! Hope you solve the issues because I want to buy it as sson as possible:santahat:

Meshman
December 30th, 2010, 19:10

There was a thread at FS Developer about some of the problems with FS Pilot Shop. I regret having anything listed with them. Still waiting to be paid from a February sale, despite the numerous emails and vague responses. Simmarket is one I would recommend.

Also, setting up a little online payment system through a web site is not difficult or expensive. A "little" geeky at first, but once done for the first product(s) it gets simpler. LMK if at anytime you might want more information.

Cag40Navy
December 30th, 2010, 21:53
YES! I look forward to the Duck!!!

icarus
December 31st, 2010, 14:48
dsl problem solved..it was a problem not related to mine but all the country , not it works...also the usb key reappared....i would like also add mission to the duck so probably it will not be out 2th genuary but max before next week end(if new problems do not appears). Then will be the turn of gotha 229 and fiesler 156

icarus
December 31st, 2010, 15:11
Simmarket

simmarket can't sell by law aircraft with svastica and this is going to be a problem with german planes, we have six to sell nextly

at least fspilot has published now the new gladiator now missing other four store...all time lost for finish the grumman duck.

JayKae
December 31st, 2010, 17:45
Hey mate,

Adrians store has moved physically and he is still having all sorts of issues with the landlines and ISP, I will give him a ring today and make him alert to your request again (also from the ticket you lodged ) not that I work for FSS, I just help out here and there when I can ;)

icarus
December 31st, 2010, 22:09
thanks for the information and help...now i understand why three email didn't arrive him probably. Six years ago i had problem with old server so i understand perfectly issues

JayKae
January 1st, 2011, 02:11
Thanks mate I tried him several times today but his phone is off, I suppose it being January 1st of 2011 here it would mean he is with family and that sort of thing, I will try again tomorrow morning

Meshman
January 1st, 2011, 06:17
I want to clarify that my earlier comments were directed towards the North American Flightsim store and not the Australian Flightsim store. I haven't dealt with the latter store, but if there is a problem they seem to get it resolved, from what I read in forums. The former store *IS* the problem and does little to resolve outstanding issues and get's threads over at FS Developer.

Wouldn't want to cast doubts on the mates from the Land Down Under, where women roar and men thunder... yeahhhh. :wavey:

Francois
January 1st, 2011, 10:35
seems becoming really complicated having a new product on other flightsim store...three days i am sending email about new products and on six only two answered one for a problem another one because it's holidays and the other four no answers result no publishing....so perhaps if someone want the new grumman duck can come at my home to take personally because it's faster? lol ...if i have to do same odissey for all 11 new aircraft i think i will leave this hobby/job

also i had my dsl broken for 22 hour today and the alternative sd card to connect disappeared misteriously from the key...luckily this year has gone

its really boring. happy new year to all personally i never had a bad year as 2010..the next couldn't be that better

It is ONE of the reasons I started my own store and news site... both of which will grow considerably in 2011...

;-)

icarus
January 1st, 2011, 12:18
It is ONE of the reasons I started my own store and news site... both of which will grow considerably in 2011...

me too website and store started 2 years ago and now twitter facebook and youtube channel seems best way promoting actually. Actually fspilot published others still not...but it's an holiday problem...i hope..i sent three email to each store..i will not send the fourth. Next products i will send one.:jump:

There will be soon a new video about grumman duck...i have started a maniacal check about all related grumman duck, yesterday i have re-checked contact points, other sound parts not related to engine, virtual cockpit textures, pilot texture reworked, adjusted airfile for the jf-2's topspeed, wing area weigh, engine etc. Today i am working on the rear gunner of another grumman duck version.

Cag40Navy
January 1st, 2011, 13:16
So can we still expect the duck tommorow? :icon_lol: I know, i know. I had to ask. :icon_lol: :icon_lol:
I look forward to it!

icarus
January 1st, 2011, 14:34
not for tomorrow as i wrote in another post next week end, making a general check to see is all ok

Cag40Navy
January 1st, 2011, 15:40
Sounds good.

JayKae
January 1st, 2011, 18:17
I am actually starting to worry now, I cannot reach Adrian at all, even via my personal channels so as soon as I do I will let you know :)

icarus
January 1st, 2011, 18:48
ok thanks hope is all ok

OleBoy
January 1st, 2011, 18:59
To resolve the issue concerning the swastika, why not sell the aircraft without them. Then offer for free the updated (original) textures that have the swastika for all planes.

Just a suggestion

JayKae
January 2nd, 2011, 00:39
Ok, just spoke to him, he is ok at least, he will fix you up asap Icarus :)

icarus
January 2nd, 2011, 11:27
many thanks JayKae...flightsimstore was one of most efficient on past so i didn't understand what's happened...thanks for your help and having a happy new year

icarus
January 2nd, 2011, 18:57
seems that very soon we will have another big and famous store reselling our products by downloads and also on cd, it will help many that still don't have cable. Just had a confirm today.
Grumman Duck works continue today was the effects day. Hope to be able to make also a tailhook version with carrier to land, time perrmitting (infact i wrote hope)

Cag40Navy
January 2nd, 2011, 19:23
I would be more than happy to wait another week or 2 for you to do the tailhook variant. (I would be anyways...)

icarus
January 2nd, 2011, 20:43
about tailhook variant i hope so...it depends also by modeller's time ( he is strictly working on arada 234 v13 with 4 engines) bytheway from the material i have the grumman duck with tailhook given to us navy were only five so it's not so relevant...if will not be released with the first version and with tailhook there will be an update as always there are with our models...speaking about that, there will be also a northrop gamma update with new gauges and a polar version, free for old customers...an update.

icarus
January 2nd, 2011, 23:02
one of the new effects about engine failure

http://www.icarusgold.com/images/AGRUMM01.jpg

Cag40Navy
January 2nd, 2011, 23:58
Looks sweet! Now how bout that tailhook... Doing great Icarus!

Francois
January 3rd, 2011, 00:50
By the way, talking of 'shops', check out what Owen Hewitt thinks..... http://flightsimplaza.com/simnews/2011/01/ms-flight-app-store/

icarus
January 3rd, 2011, 01:38
the discussion is interesting but how microsoft comparate apple store with fsx? fsx is not an ipad or iphone or ipod, this will be another crash by steve ballmer...i remember the video where he laughed about the new i-phone saying ...it will not have success...we have seen..also it can be a very big problem for freeware...will not exist anymore freeware if it's a closed application. And if many big stores will close also their freeware website risk to close having no funds.

seems a movie called "how destroy 15 year of fun". Bytheway there are many still running fs2004 and the next step will be for thousands of people running fsx so i think that at least for two years fsx will be still alive also about payware

Francois
January 3rd, 2011, 08:01
This is NOT about FSX, but about the new MS Flight ..... ;-)

And indeed, Owen (and many with him) thinks that it will not be possible to make freeware for Flight, and hence FSX will have a future there because of that.

Much of this is guessing of course, since no official word has been let out yet.

IanP
January 3rd, 2011, 09:48
Strangely, everyone said that when products such as Railworks and the Simbin racing games became available via Valve's STEAM system. "You'll only be able to install software via STEAM! You'll have to pay for it all because STEAM charge for distribution!"...

Yesterday I added a new freeware route and two new freeware locos to Railworks 2 from two free to access sites and have about 10Gb worth of additional files for GTR's various evolutions (mainly from one free to access, free to download site). Likewise a number of online stores sell commercial boxed and download products that add-on to Railworks2, if not GTR. Of course you can have software that is set to and locked to an online store, while still allowing third party additions to run within it as well. Most moddable games are these days.

Right now we have no tangible evidence to state that Microsoft will be going down the total lock-in route. All we know is that they intend to have an in-product store front. That in itself will take sales away from the third party distributors (unless it is vastly more expensive), but it doesn't automatically remove the possibility to install add-ons around it. Whether it comes from an ex-member of ACES or Bill Bloggs on post-your-rant-here.com, it's all just hot air being generated until we know a lot more facts than we do.

Ian P.

Prowler1111
January 3rd, 2011, 10:54
IŽll put my grain of sand in this discussion..the way i see it, the 3rd party distributors are the ones who are going to get hit, the way i see this is that MS is getting into the distribution business as well, and they are using their own software to get into the audience (there is nothing more direct like that).What about us, with our direct sales online stores? well, MAYBE theyŽll also offer space (doubtful as it will be competition for them selling the same product) maybe not, but at the end, weŽll keep on struggling as we have done since it all started..say FS8?

Best regards

Prowler

icarus
January 4th, 2011, 15:08
the bad new is imagine a game full of freeware and payware fans and forums and support too from those people...and imagine having support only by microsoft...:isadizzy::icon31:

sadly still our gladiator ski is still not on avsim store(4 email sent) flighsimstore neither pc aviator(they told me it will be on today)