PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Predicament

sc7500
December 30th, 2010, 11:42
[DISCLAIMER: I've already dug through my archives of Help data, trying to find this info, so please forgive me if I'm repeating myself YET AGAIN......]

Just converted a CFS1 Ki-46-III today.... All went well, with the usual fiddling [flip and mirror of BMP files after MDL extension mod, etc].

HOWEVER, the plane WILL NOT sit on the ground before engine start in Free Flight. No amount of CoG and Contact Point editing makes the damned thing do what it's supposed to - it simply sinks into the ground and explodes.

Yes, I tried swapping in a similar [working] airframe AIR and CFG file - no joy.

What am I not doing here ? :icon34:
SC
:kilroy:

Shessi
December 30th, 2010, 14:22
Hi SC,
Just confirm that you have tried both the replacement cfg AND airfile at the same time, and not separately with the other file being the CFS1 one?

Usually it's because it's missing scrape points or the CofG is way out.

Cheers Shessi

simonu
December 30th, 2010, 16:06
This rings a bell, I can't remember what it was, something in the airfile that had nothing to do with scrape points. Try the model with a stock or proven airfile / aircraft.cfg combination again.
I'm sure it can have nothing to do with the visual model (its not the way the sim works).
Compare the faulty airfile with a good one. I suspect you will find it is something like the way the fueltanks or engines are set up. Or some arbitary entry that is missing.

sc7500
December 30th, 2010, 16:47
Gentlemen;

I've tried everything short of a decompile, and this bugger will NOT sit on the tarmac without settling in and going BOOM.

It WILL, however, fly GREAT as an AI, makes for a worthy foe [I tossed a tailgunner in the back] and flames quite nicely.....

Oh well - More to do, just though I'd ask if there was an easy quickfix that I'd missed.

Thank You ! :salute:
SC

Rami
December 30th, 2010, 17:25
Bruce,

I don't want to be out of line here, but are you aware that Akemi already did a Ki-46?

http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/hago/hangar1.htm

Fibber
December 30th, 2010, 18:10
That is because you didn't listen to the crew chief and parked it in the quicksand and it had to be demo'ed to allow the spot to be filled in!:icon_lol: I will now :running::icon_lol:

On the serious side, I seem to recall pre-hack that this question was asked by someone. Did GEDM post some possible answers concerning this in his compiliation post at one time?

sc7500
December 30th, 2010, 19:47
...I don't want to be out of line here, but are you aware that Akemi already did a Ki-46?...

Yes sir - I was just fiddling around with the idea of converting a bunch of CFS1 a/c during the next ice storm due here over the weekend... This was my first salvo. Ouch.

It's always something, tho - maybe this will force me off my lazy butt and I'll FINALLY learn SCASM after all...?

LOL!!
SC