PDA

View Full Version : The model who posed for one of WW2's most iconic images has passed away.

OBIO
December 30th, 2010, 10:42
Just came across this new blurb. Very interesting for those who, like me, are into WW2 era signs and posters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geraldine_Doyle

OBIO

brad kaste
December 30th, 2010, 14:13
Thanks for posting OBIO. I have a coffee cup with 'Rosie the Riveter' lithographed on it. God bless Geraldine:USA-flag:. No doubt about it,...she showed that 'can-do' spirit that infected workers throughout the US during WWII. I could easily see her punching in rivets on P-38's at Lockheed. Or on a Liberty ship.
Makes one wonder if this country is producing anymore 'Rosie the Riveter' types.....

TeaSea
December 31st, 2010, 05:56
Yes we are....but they don't rivet anymore.....

safn1949
December 31st, 2010, 06:59
Mom built aircraft engines for Pratt and Whitney during the war,I never knew she was in the Navy Reserve until I saw it on her headstone.Quite a gal,she was.:jump:

gigabyte
December 31st, 2010, 11:44
Yes we are....but they don't rivet anymore.....

Define "Rivet" many of the female soldiers I have seen can not only Rivet my skinny butt full of lead, but they are darn "Riveting" to behold. :running:

TeaSea
January 1st, 2011, 06:16
Define "Rivet" many of the female soldiers I have seen can not only Rivet my skinny butt full of lead, but they are darn "Riveting" to behold. :running:

Hah!:ernae: