PDA

View Full Version : First images of my new T-45C Goshawk

Dino Cattaneo
December 30th, 2010, 03:17
I've been working for a while on a total remake of my T-45C Goshawk. Although it seems that my previous rendition was quite popular and appreciated by the users (apparently including real T-45 pilots) I was unhappy with the overall quality.
So, here are the very first images I can show. The external model is 80% done. The virtual cockpit is yet to be started...so the Beta version is probably months away (depending on the parts I will reuse from the previous version).

Hope you will like it.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/misc/pencil.png

papab
December 30th, 2010, 03:22
Looking Great Dino!

I have been watching your web site for updates!

You really have a fantastic talent, thank you for all of you contributions!!

Rick

LCBORDEN
December 30th, 2010, 03:51
EXCELLENT NEWS Dino...I completely enjoyed your earlier version and I am looking forward to this new offereing with great anticipation... Your F-14 and the T-45 are two of the very few Jets I have in FSX (I'm old and prefer piston engine sound) I look forward to the new version keep up with your great work.

Ol'Jarhead :wavey:

halvar342
December 30th, 2010, 04:13
Great news. I like the T-45C very much you made and if you rework that plane now im very happy. Thank you. :salute:

Navy Chief
December 30th, 2010, 04:32
I thoroughly enjoy your first version. Can't imagine how you could improve on it, but I appreciate everything you release.

They are ALL great!!!!

NC

SirBenn21
December 30th, 2010, 05:08
Good to hear! :applause:

Ben

Bone
December 30th, 2010, 05:53
About the only thing I thought it really needed was more exterior modelling, for viewing from inside the VC.

dswo
December 30th, 2010, 07:07
I thoroughly enjoy your first version. Can't imagine how you could improve on it, but I appreciate everything you release.

They are ALL great!!!!

I agree.

Wingmate
December 30th, 2010, 08:11
Looking good so far.

Dave Torkington
December 30th, 2010, 09:06
Superb work Dino - really glad you found your mojo again :salute:

peter12213
December 30th, 2010, 09:19
Looking great Dino!

Z-IanMCD
December 30th, 2010, 09:31
Is this release going to be payware like your F-35??? Just asking!

OleBoy
December 30th, 2010, 09:50
I'll just add..

Dino, like many others here, you're on that list of assets to flightsim

b52bob
December 30th, 2010, 09:54
How can you improve on excellence?

Looking forward to it anyway!

Thanks again Dino

OBIO
December 30th, 2010, 10:03
Dino

I don't fly FSX (my old system simply won't run it well enough to enjoy), but I have seen your original T-45 in screen shots and videos and was blown away. This one is even better.

I have a soft spot for trainers....from old school ones like the BT-13 and AT-6 all the way up to the T-2, T-38 and T-45. I fly the IRIS T-45 in FS9 on a fairly regular basis. So, when the day comes that I have a system that will run FSX at a decent level, I will have to check out your T-45s for sure.

OBIO

XLR8
December 30th, 2010, 11:14
Great work Dino! I fly your first on a daily basis. Its also great for AI flights around the base.

Sundog
December 30th, 2010, 12:22
Nice work! I'm looking forward to seeing it in the following two 100th anniversary schemes.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Navy/Boeing-T-45C-Goshawk/1811273/L/

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Navy/McDonnell-Douglas-T-45C/1816405/L/

Dino Cattaneo
December 31st, 2010, 02:31
Once again, thanks for your appreciation and support!

The project is meant to be freeware as the scope, like the previous release it to spread the knowledge of naval aviation technology and procedures. One of the things I've loved in the previous release was seeing a lot of people that never tried carrier ops, as they thought they were too difficult, use the Goshawk as a learning tool and finally managing to make trap.
I still have to figure some details and nail some features, but unless I face some unexpected costs, it will be freeware.

Yesterday, I've made some progress and I have some good and bad news. The good part is that the exterior model is almost complete - 95% done - and looking very good IMHO.
The bad part is that reusing assets from the existing VC screws up the launch bar attach points in the external model (which is weird as they are two different files... but I have experienced all kinds of strange FSX behaviours) so either I remake everything from scratch or loose the launch bar animation.
For now i will remove the animation (too bad for a carrier compatible aircraft).

ZsoltB
December 31st, 2010, 02:46
Hello,

Thank you!
Great Work!

I hope to get a new texture and repaint kit!

Regards,

Zsolt

XLR8
December 31st, 2010, 04:01
Once again, thanks for your appreciation and support!

The project is meant to be freeware as the scope, like the previous release it to spread the knowledge of naval aviation technology and procedures. One of the things I've loved in the previous release was seeing a lot of people that never tried carrier ops, as they thought they were too difficult, use the Goshawk as a learning tool and finally managing to make trap.
I still have to figure some details and nail some features, but unless I face some unexpected costs, it will be freeware.

Yesterday, I've made some progress and I have some good and bad news. The good part is that the exterior model is almost complete - 95% done - and looking very good IMHO.
The bad part is that reusing assets from the existing VC screws up the launch bar attach points in the external model (which is weird as they are two different files... but I have experienced all kinds of strange FSX behaviours) so either I remake everything from scratch or loose the launch bar animation.
For now i will remove the animation (too bad for a carrier compatible aircraft).

Dino...A little OT here but with the same objective. Theres a new Sim out in January. Its called Jet Thunder. From reading it going to be pretty open. Theres a free lance modeler all ready talking about some models he want to do. With your talent maybe we will see some of your models in it.Link below.

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showforum=392

hey_moe
December 31st, 2010, 05:00
My kind of plane. Dino, where do I send the credit card to...Mike

mmann
December 31st, 2010, 05:02

Maybe you could name the folders and files so it doesn't conflict with your original Goshawk. That way one could use the older version for carrier flights and the newer version for regular flights.

Regards, Mike Mann

sparouty
January 4th, 2011, 22:23

Hello Dino, Auguri!
You're problem looks like the one I had with my launch attach points.
We talked about that by mail many months ago (may be one year?).
One of the explanaition I though about was a conflict due to an effect attached point included into the VC.
There are a lot of mysteries with attached points ... For instance, I noticed that every effect attached point of the exterior model is shown up from the VC view: the 2 .mdl are not so independant than I thought (??)

I don't know if it is the reason of your conflict but try to check your VC model and see if no unexpected attached point remains ( a quick Ctrl+F into your .x or .xml file may help)?

I hope it will helps,
Regards,
Sylvain

Dino Cattaneo
January 5th, 2011, 00:19
Hi Sylvain

Yes, I remember our conversations about that - thanks!
The good news is that, at present, the problem is gone and the launch bar works - but I was unable to understand the reason why...
One thing that was not clear to me is that the issues seems to depend on the VC model indeed. Removing the VC makes the issue disappear. Replacing the VC with the old T-45 VC makes the issue appear again. The new VC is, for the moment, OK.

Attachpoints seem a little buggy in FSX:A / SDK... and this happens if you use them to tag the A/B effects, too (I think this happens also in the stock Hornet - there is a white light effect in the one of the A/B flames - same thing happens in my Tomcat).

I also have reports of launch bar issues with models that work perfectly on my system - although I am not sure those are "real" (i.e. I am not sure the user is doing what he should)...

For these reasons I was thinking to use a different animation tag for the launch bar - but I'll wait and see if the problem happens again.