PDA

View Full Version : FSX reinstall time

atf300
December 30th, 2010, 03:04
its that darned time of the year when i reinstall windows 7 and fsx . well this year a whole new gpu (6970) is the reason and some disk corruption as well .

i have to configure utx in a special way so it works with my other scenery , a good way on how to remember this is that i take screen shots of the scenery layer window , so reconfiguring the priorities is quick and easy .

i also copy my simobjects somewhere else then copy the needed files back if necessary.

does any one have any other good tips?

papab
December 30th, 2010, 03:17
I just did a reinstall myself!

Take a look at NickN's reinstall instructions.helped a lot!

http://www.simforums.com/forums/setting-up-fsx-and-how-to-tune-it_topic29041.html

Rick

roger-wilco-66
December 30th, 2010, 14:10
[...]

i also copy my simobjects somewhere else then copy the needed files back if necessary.

does any one have any other good tips?

If you want to copy aircraft from the simobject\... folder, don't forget the gauges folder in the fsx root directory! I saved my whole FSX installation plus the files in the profile folder of my old XP user on a seperate hdd which I can attach externally via a sata/ide to usb interface. This way I have the whole old installation (addon-scenery, missions / adventures / sounds etc) handy if I need to port something to the new installation.

I'm into this myself right now (on win7-64), it's a bit of a nightmare when the previous installation has evolved over several years. At least its running fine here so far, and thank god for Jesus Altuves fsx.cfg configurator, I must say.

Cheers,
Mark