PDA

View Full Version : This is a great price for a defragging program

hey_moe
December 29th, 2010, 15:14
I have been using Diskeeper for a long time now and have never had a problem. I got this in a email >> scroll down

<TABLE style="width: 100%;" class="MsoNormalTable" border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" width="100%">
<TBODY><TR><TD style="padding: 0in; border: rgb(0, 0, 0); width: 1.2pt; background-color: transparent;" width="2">
http://www2.execsoft.com/2010_infopack_images/line.gif<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

</TD>
<TD style="padding: 0in; border: rgb(0, 0, 0); width: 9pt; background-color: transparent;" width="15"></TD>
<TD style="padding: 0in; border: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent;" vAlign="top">

<TABLE style="width: 98%;" class="MsoNormalTable" border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" width="98%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="padding: 0in; border: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent;"></TD>

</TR>
<TR>
<TD style="padding: 0in; border: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent;">

<TABLE style="width: 100%;" class="MsoNormalTable" border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="padding: 0in; border: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent;">
<o:p></o:p>

</TD>

</TR>

</TBODY></TABLE>

</TD>

</TR>
<TR>
<TD style="padding: 0in; border: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent;" vAlign="top"></TD>

</TR>
<TR>
If you just got a new PC for the holidays or know someone
who did — you don’t want to miss this offer.<o:p></o:p>

Some people still think that a new just-out-of-the box computer is
performing at its peak ability. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Without installing Diskeeper® performance software, you will never know how
responsive that machine could be.<o:p></o:p>

As a test, we freshly installed a new operating system on a brand new
hard drive — that task alone caused 1148 files to fragment into 5460
fragments.<o:p></o:p>

When you get a new computer, one of the first things you do, is install
your favorite applications. If you don’t defragment FIRST, your favorite
applications ALSO end up on your computer in a fragmented state. <o:p></o:p>

Fragmentation is
the leading cause of PC slows, lags and crashes and must be handled.<o:p></o:p>

Diskeeper 2010 is a "must-have" software designed to
automatically boosts computer speed by handling any existing fragmentation
then proactively curing and preventing future fragmentation before it
happens. Even the least technical of users will enjoy the simplicity of the
"Set It and Forget It"® feature. <o:p></o:p>

Take advantage of this Friends & Family offer or forward this email
to a friend in need.

Get Diskeeper 2010 Home now at (http://www.diskeeper.com/store/checkout/addtocart.aspx?item=50611&qty=1&srchash=_ioxswm_p&SId=16&apid=PPS0006537&rid=106911)
just $10 each
(http://www.diskeeper.com/store/checkout/addtocart.aspx?item=50611&qty=1&srchash=_ioxswm_p&SId=16&apid=PPS0006537&rid=106911)<o:p></o:p>

</TD>

</TR>
<TR>
<TD style="padding: 0in; border: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent;"></TD>

</TR>
<TR>
<TD style="padding: 0in; border: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent;"></TD>

</TR>

</TBODY></TABLE>

</TD>

</TR>

</TBODY>
</TABLE>

<TABLE style="width: 100%;" class="MsoNormalTable" border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" width="100%">
<TBODY><TR><TD style="padding: 0in; border: rgb(0, 0, 0); width: 1.2pt; background-color: transparent;" width="2">
http://www2.execsoft.com/2010_infopack_images/line.gif<o:p></o:p>

</TD>
<TD style="padding: 0in; border: rgb(0, 0, 0); width: 9pt; background-color: transparent;" width="15"></TD>
<TD style="padding: 0in; border: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent;" vAlign="top">

<TABLE style="width: 98%;" class="MsoNormalTable" border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" width="98%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="padding: 0in; border: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent;"></TD>

</TR>
<TR>

<TABLE style="width: 100%;" class="MsoNormalTable" border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="padding: 0in; border: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent;">

</TD>

</TR>

</TBODY></TABLE>

</TD>

</TR>
<TR>
<TD style="padding: 0in; border: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent;" vAlign="top"></TD>

</TR>
<TR>

</TD>

</TR>
<TR>

</TR>
<TR>

</TR>

</TBODY></TABLE>

</TD>

</TR>

</TBODY>
</TABLE>

TARPSBird
December 29th, 2010, 19:10
Mike,
Defrag always seems to be a slow process regardless of what utility you use. Is Diskeeper more efficient than other programs?

Sascha66
December 30th, 2010, 05:21
This is my defragger and optimizer of choice! Recommended to me by my kid brother who is a computer technician (OK he's 40 now and has been an IT guy for most of his life). The first time I used it for optimizing it magicked up a whopping 20 GB of wasted disk space! I run defrag every other day, it is very fast, and optimize every weekend (very slow, so overnight). Works a treat and IS a treat as freeware with no strings attached!

--> http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/disk-defrag/ <-- in case someone wants it.

Sascha

stansdds
December 30th, 2010, 12:07
IOBit... it's free!

CP1207
December 30th, 2010, 13:55
And as of current v1.5 much faster than their previous versions!!! (IOBit).

hey_moe
December 30th, 2010, 14:02
Hey T, I have tried a lot of different ones out but I have always ended up going back to this one. Yeah I know other members have their own choices but this one for me has been fine and does a nice job. Chet for ten bucks you can't really go wrong. Down load their free down load and try it out. If ya like it and feel fine with the job it does ten bucks ain't really nuthin compared to the full price they were asking all year long.
Mike,
Defrag always seems to be a slow process regardless of what utility you use. Is Diskeeper more efficient than other programs?

Sascha66
December 30th, 2010, 14:41
IOBit... it's free!

Also very good!

Navy Chief
December 30th, 2010, 17:29
Hey Moe,

Thanks for the tip. I have used other defrag programs as well, but I took your tip and got this.

I like it a lot!

Thanks.

NC

Dangerousdave26
December 30th, 2010, 19:11
Mike,

Very true and the length of time it takes to defrag any drive is based on a lot of factors that the software can not control.

Length of time between defrag operations
CPU speed
Hard drive size and speed
type of defrag (space, date, or name)
system memory

Its very hard to quantify how good the software might be when it really can't control those factors. Every PC will be different.

I use OO Defrag for my 3.0 GHZ single core Pentium 4 PC and it takes 6 to 12 hours to do a Name Defrag depending on how long it has been since I have last defraged my drive.

I use Auslogics on my W7 64bit laptop (can't afford OO Defrag on it yet) It takes about 11 minutes to do its Optimize Defrag. It does not say what the difference between Defrag and Optimize Defrag is and I have never looked for the answer but I am going to bet it is not a name defrag.